I wrote to Viato customer service with no avail!!!
Therefore, I wrote to TripAdvisor CEO...and received NO ANSWER:
Dear Mr. Steve Kaufer, CEO
Dear Mr. Kaufer,
RE: VIATOR Booking BR-#BR-[protected]
Day Tour of Philippi, Amphipolis, and Kavala
1. More than three months ago, I booked the above tour for my wife (69) and myself (71) for April 21st 2017 through Viator, and paid US$ 191.24 for both of us. We were planning a visit to the north of Greece following an International Scientific Conference I was planning to attend.
2. Unfortunately, several days ago my wife was hospitalized, and we had to cancel our entire trip to Greece.
3. Immediately, on April 13th, I tried to cancel the tour through Viator’s website. To my amazement, I was told that it was impossible as it was a final purchase with no refund.
4. When the booking was made, it was crystal clear to us that the tour could be cancelled until 7 days ahead of its date at a full refund. Had we known that it was a non-refundable tour, we would have never booked it in the first place.
5. I wrote to Viator Customer Service and, unfortunately, I received a negative laconic answer with no e-mail address to respond to.
6. We cannot, therefore, further pursue our complaint with Viator as no contact information, or even the name of its CEO is available. As Viator is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, of which I’ve been a member for a long time, we need your help to get a full refund for this tour.
Thank you in advance,
Rachel and Prof. Mordechai Perl