Viagogoeur3, 000 spent on two football tickets which I never received

I purchased two tickets to the April 23 football game between Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona on Viagogo. The order was placed on April 13 and order number was [protected]. The tickets were for Section Categoria 2 Fondo without specifying the row number or seat number. I provided the hotel's address (Eurostars Madrid Tower), guest name and my check-in/check-out dates on Viagogo for ticket delivery when I placed the order.

When I checked into the hotel in the evening of April 22, I asked the hotel front desk for the tickets but was informed they received nothing for me. The next morning (April 23), I went down to the hotel front desk to check again and was told the same. Because I do not have cell phone services in Spain, I asked a friend to contact Viagogo about the situation.

My friend obtained the seller's name and contact number (+[protected] from Viagogo around noon. I then tried to contact the seller Jose Maria immediately and told him that I did not receive the tickets for the game yet. He told me to wait while he would sort out the issue and get back to me. After waiting for more than one hour without any answers, I called him and asked him to give me a status update. He told me that he had the proof of delivery so there was nothing he could do. I then asked him to find out who signed the delivery receipt as it was the only way that I can know whether the hotel staff has indeed received the tickets. He told me to wait again and he would ask the delivery company.

Until 5pm (two hours before the game) that day, I tried to call him several times and his phone line was always busy. I then asked the hotel front desk to call him and he answered the call. He told the hotel staff to wait for 15 minutes and that he would call back. After waiting for 15 minutes without a return call from Jose, the hotel front desk helped me to call him again but his phone line was busy again.

I then immediately called Viagogo customer service and told the service representative about the urgent situation given that there was only two and half hours before the game. The service rep said he would contact Jose Maria to trace the status of the tickets. I told the rep that I would need refund of my tickets if I do not receive them by 6.30pm.

At 6.30pm I received no answer. At 7.30pm, I received a call from that service rep and was told Jose had the proof of delivery and therefore there was nothing he could do from his end. I asked again about the name of the person who signed the delivery but could not get an answer. The rep said he and his team will investigate the issue and get back to me the next day.

I did not receive any answer the next day (Monday, April 24) so I called Viagogo again. Another rep answered my call and said the investigation may take a couple of days. Then in the evening of April 24, I received an email below from Viagogo telling me that they were unable to refund the tickets.

Then, on Friday April 28, I received another email from Viagogo telling me that I would be charged for the cost of replacing the seller's season ticket which can be up to EUR500.

Not only that I was charged EUR2, 416 for tickets I never received, I was going to be charged an additional EUR500 for the fictitious season tickets that I do not even believe existed in the first place.

This is a formal complaint to Viagogo’s unethical business conduct. This is the first time I bought anything on Viagogo and I did not know about its reputation before. As EUR2, 916 is a huge amount of money to me, I do not wish this incident to be ignored without getting a fair and just treatment. I feel extremely mistreated and deceived. It has caused me tremendous emotional distress and damaged my relationship with my family.

I do not believe this is how a customer should be treated and would like to demand a fair and just answer from Viagogo.

Gr