VI Fitness / discrimination

1 all over the island, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

I brought in a dr. note indicating health issues with my daughter. Health issues which have changes my lifestyle dramatically, including having to take nonpaid leave from work. The local manager (Campbell River) showed empathy, but the regional manager (Nanaimo) said all they could do would be to lower my rate from $45.00 to $20.00. I indicated that this was still not good enough as Christmas was coming up and I had three mouths to feed. I was not looking to cancel the membership, just freeze it for a few months then continue on after my daughter was treated and I could return to work. She said she couldn't help me further. I disagree. I believe every situation can be handled uniquely, no matter what the business. I am very disappointed as I used to love this gym, now they are going to receive money I could have used for food or gas to pick up my daughter from the hospital in Victoria:( ANd this is a company that supports local charities, I have been a member since Feb 2009, don't I count?

Ad

Comments

• Ad
      4th of Dec, 2010

Did you not read the part about unforseen health problems which left me unable to work, why don't you try reading the info before judging? I guess you have never had any sort of unforseen health issues happen to your family? I was perfectly capable of managing my money when I was working, but when faced with this issue I had to deplete my savings to cover treatment costs, also I wasn't looking to not be responsible for the money just to defer it by a few months and by the way there is a clause in gym contract to do with doctor's notes. Thx for your completely useless banter.

• Gy
      10th of Dec, 2010

I have had a similar experience with this gym. The same person, the same attitude. I am sorry this happened to you and don't let the angry person above get you down.. they don't deserve a response from you.

• Mi
      8th of Jun, 2011

This is a matter that has been resolved a long time ago. Once we were made aware of the full details of the situation, we resolved the issue by freezing the members account as per their request.
    Michaela- Regional Manager
    [protected]@vifitness.ca

• Jh
      7th of Aug, 2013

Vi fitness is a horrible place to work. They cannot keep their staff manager quit like nothing! Rude staff all they want to do is sell you personal training from their stupid body age scam machine! Don't buy their lies trying to you to pay them the most expensive pt rate in town! Their trainers make 13 an hour and they hound them to sell and make crap comission. It is a rude very bad place to work for the managers and higher end staff are horrible miserable girls who should invest in some make up!! Never work for any of the Nanaimo locations I am sure the rest are the same on the island..they also don't pay what they owe you have to contact pay roll to see your money they owe you when you quit and harass them!! Only good thing I can say about the place is that they have the best gyms to work out at in town by far i would say best on the island! Byes for now ladies.