Veterinarians / Malpractice, Misdiagnosis

1 Forest Hills, NY, United States

Misdiagnosis and malpractice by Blue Pearl murdered my pet cat. He was taken to Blue Pearl via recommendation of regular vet due to emergency on a late Friday afternoon. My cat, a beautiful orange short hair, was straining at the litter box unable to urinate. Blue Pearl said that cat was basically healthy and that as long as he was able to urinate even in small amounts, he would be OK after awhile. Vet stated that she was able to manipulate cat's bladder to induce urination. My cat was back at Blue Pearl 24 hours later, again with very little or no urination and vomiting. Another vet again said that as long as cat was going to the litter box and urinating in small amounts that he would be OK. Took more tests, and also stated that cat was basically healthy. All he did was change my cat's diet. Eight days later, my cat was dead. Blue Pearl did CPR after my cat was basically dead already with a "hardened bladder." It was only when the cat was just about dead that the vet said that he needed a catherization. Something that should have been done eight days earlier. I have filed a complaint with the NYSED Office of Professional Discipline.

St