Veteranarian / Poor Care

United States, Indiana, Indpls Review updated:
Noahs Animal hospital
My dog Shady was losing weight quickly and took him to this hospital when we noticed an open sore on his leg. The vet said that it was a mass and he needed to have it removed and would do surgery that night. Otherwise everything looked good. They had many emergencies that night and the vet said the day doctor might be able to get to him that day. The next day they called to say that again they did not do the surgery and she would do it that night. The following morning they finally did the surgery after not feeding my dog the entire time because he could not eat before the surgery. When I brought him home he could not walk. He could not lift his head for a long period of time. I took him back and they said for another $140 dollars they would observe him ( After paying $854.89 for the surgery) . They called a couple of hours later and said they recommend he see a neurologist because he was getting progressively worse and since they did not know what was wrong with him he could either get better or worse. The nurse stated that when she took Shady out to go potty he collapsed and she went and got the vet and he collapsed again but they went forward with the surgery because they thought he was just being lazy. It would be 2000.00 just to find out what was going on and then the treatment would be more. I had spent $1700.00 in total because I had another dog having surgery also. I could not afford it and went to pick him up and asked when he had his pain medication last. She said they had not given him any because we did not bring it with us even though when we dropped him off they said they would take it off the shelf and charge us for it (which they did) on the observation bill. I lost my wonderful sweet dog today and truly believe they killed him with the most uncaring and cruel vet care I have ever experienced. Please find another location for your emergency.

N  15th of Jul, 2009 by
Oh you poor dear!!! I am SO SORRY for your loss. How callous was their treatment of your dog and you. And no matter what they do now, nothing can bring your beloved dog back. So, so sorry. {{{hugs}}}
N  15th of Jul, 2009 by
my heart goes out to you and your lost one. I'm so sorry.
N  9th of Jan, 2010 by
My wife took my grandaughters westie in yesterday afternoon to a vet in a near by city. The dog was suffering from an enlarged heart and liver. We had been told to give her prednizone and fluid pills. Come to find out the steroids caused Cushings disease if given in excess or over long periods of time. The vet said to take her to a friend of theirs at a vet hospital in Raleigh, NC. My wife was frantic to find the dog help seeing that my grandaughter was so upset with the dog coughing and not eating. She took her to the hospital and seeing that my wife and grandaughter were so upset, along with Emmy (the dog) being so sick, they did the compassionate thing and told her that she had to pay them up front 1500.00 for treatment, in which, my animal loving wife gladly paid. I'm a Firefighter by career and dont make a great deal of money. That said, I just came home from a 24 hr shift, sat down in the recliner only to get a call from the vet's office with an update on our beloved dog Emmy. He told me basically there was little change in her condition but recommended we leave her another day with them just in case things change for the worse. I told him, being sober of love and compassion, how much is it costing us for her to stay so far, because my wife had not informed me of the bill up to this point. He said that was one reason he had called because the bill was on the high end of 1700. oo dollars. I nearly passed out!!! I ask if the dog had had a heart and lung transplant over the less than 20 hr stay or if she had been in surgery all night and we not know. I told him that I would come and pick her up and please at least prescribe some medications we can use at home. I love my dogs better than I do myself and have spent more on them than I have my own healthcare. The charges on the bill was the most rediculous things I had ever seen. They charged 17 dollars to monitor pulse ops ...which only clips to the dogs paw for a few second to measure her O2 level...ONE TIME. We dont charge even humans to do that...its part of the tools we use to treat the patient overall. Never have we itemized treatment. Only thing they did was administer antibiotics through an IV and check on the dog overnight. I dont expect treatment for nothing...but this was the most rediculous bill Ive ever seen for a small animal overnight, without surgery. So much for compassion!!! Word to the wise...dont be seen crying over your pet if you walk in that place...it just means your bill will triple. Thanks for letting me vent.