Verona Motors / Sold me a damaged vehicle

I bought a vehicle from Verona Motors on Rietfontein rd in Boksburg on 25th Oct 2009 for R23995.00, I asked Pieter the owner of Verona Motors & Shaun the salesman what the condition of the engine was in. Pieter & Shaun replied that the engine was replaced due to problems & that the replacement engine was in a good condition. Upon taking delivery of the vehicle I made my journey back to Roodepoort where I reside, this is when I realised that I had been conned. I was forced to drive in the emergency lane due to the vehicle jerking prefusely, when I eventually got home 3 hrs later I discovered the following problems on the vehicle, crankshaft sensor was cut & joined, this was partially the cause of the jerking, temperature gauge was not working, all tyres were worn out & had different profiles, petrol tank was leaking, gearbox was damaged, power steering was not working & the vehicle was not even road worthy. I called Pieter & expressed my dissapointment in his integrity, he replied by saying that the vehicle was voets toets. I said to him that he could have been honest about the problems then atleast I knew what I was buying but he shouted at me saying that I must take him to court.

Fe

Comments

4th of Jul, 2015

A car sales company may not deal voets toets. Apl vehicles have a 1 month gaurantee whereby you may take it back