Verizon Wireless / suspend fee

1 RI, United States Review updated:

I decided to cancel my phone plan where I risk early termination fee. I had to stay on the phone for 30 minutes until the cancellation is complete, it was as if they wanted me to reconsidered a million times. I call to cancel, not to negotiate, there are reason I want to cancel.

On the top of that, I have to keep my lines in service until the end of my month cycle. The worst cancellation ever! I decided to suspend my phones because I don't want to use it and don't want to incur any more extra charges. They are going to charge me $15 bucks per line to suspend. This is crazy!! My intention to suspend is to not incur extra charges, and which would result in more charges.

WTF this company has become. I was a member for 9 years, and this is how I'm treated when I jump the band wagon? I will never return back to Verizon wireless, Never!

Time to get myself a prepaid so I am not bound to these contacts. Time to use Skype for all my international calls and long distance. Skype will take out all the cellphone industry in the near future like Netflix taken out Blockbuster. I hope that day comes soon.

Comments

8th of Oct, 2010

Firstly they're doing nothing wrong you still have to pay a suspend line even if you cancel cause they're active till the end of the billing cycle, how do you not understand that, hell any company who offers a service you would have to still pay their services till the end of the billing cycle if you opt out during a cycle. And not sure how Skype is going to take out the phone industry, but please do explain because im in the mood for a good laugh.

• Po
      9th of Oct, 2010

Of course you have to finish out the monthly billing cycle.