Verizon Wireless / piece of junk blackberry pearl

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I would like to convey how disappointed in Verizon Wireless. A few months ago I purchased the blackberry pearl. Since DAY ONE I have had nothing but trouble with the piece of JUNK. I have a list of calls to your tech support and customer service a MILE long, I have done all the software upgrades and changes they have suggested... I am know moving onto my THIRD Pearl...

The piece of junk deletes my call logs and text messages on it's own. I have to take the battery out every night, they said this would help... it DOESN'T! I called last night and spent an hour on the phone with 4 different people... the only thing they will do to resolve the issue is send me ANOTHER PEARL! I don't want another PIECE of CRAP... I want a different style that WORKS and does not DELETE my data! I even said I was willing to DOWNGRADE... they still won't help me. What does it take for Verizon to make customers happy? I have never been so disappointed in Verizon, I have been a long time customer and currently have 4 lines with you. I will email and post this on every website I can find. I will let everyone know what a piece of CRAP you are selling and how you won't stand behind your customer when you sell them a SUB PAR PRODUCT!

Bl

Comments

• Ki
      21st of Jul, 2008

I actually had the same problem with verizon wireless. When I attempted to change for the third time I got a really nice customer service representative who advised me when you change your from for the third time you actually get a "upgrade" of the phone you have. So they gave me a blackberry curve for free and I did not even need to extend my contract.

Sometimes I believe it is just the people you deal with when you call to verizon. I am one of the lucky ones who always get the "nice" ones.

• Am
      16th of Oct, 2008

IM GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM. NOT ONLY DOES MINE DELETE EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED BUT ALSO LOCKS UP AND WHEN I MAKE A CALL I CAN NOT HEAR ANYONE THEY CAN HERE ME BUT I CANT HEAR THEM AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS I SIMPLY SAY " IM SORRY MY PHONE IS A PIECE OF ### AND I CAN NOT HEAR YOU SO I WILL TAKE THE BATTERY OUT AND REBOOT A COUPLE TIMES AND CALL YOU BACK!" MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE STARTING TO GET USED TO THIS HAPPINING. I AM NOW WAITING FOR MY 3RD BLACKBERRY PEARL. TOLD VERIZON I DID NOT WANT ANOTHER PEARL TOO BAD THATS WHAT IM STUCK WITH THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU. WHAT HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION????? DO NOT BUY A PEARL

• La
      6th of Nov, 2009

My Blackberry Pearl did the same thing..it would delete all my messages by itself and the scroll ball doesnt work to depress it i have to press the enter key everytime and its just an alround piece of crap!! So finally it stopped working and a large battery symbol came on the screen with a line throught the battery, I brought it in to the phone company that I bought it from, they took it apart and said that i got it wet because of that little ### white paper!! I think its completely insane that Blackberry wont replace this phone so now i have to buy another phone to replace it!! SO PISSED!

• Li
      26th of Feb, 2010

I am having problems with my Blackberry Pearl too. I got it back in November and it acted fine the first week. Then it started getting slower and slower. Well, a few months ago it started turning off on its own and deleting memos and dates from my calender. The battery is a peice of crap and only stays charged for about 5-8 hours! Today it died and I tried to charge it tonight and it stared ringing and I cant answer the stupid thing! The whole keypad is locked and nothing I do works! I hate this phone and this company!