Verizon Wireless / terrible company

Verizon Wireless is allowing solicitors to leave prerecorded voice massages on consumer's cell phone. The massage states that if you are interested and wants to hear more, call such and such phone number. This allows the solicitors to use consumer's allotted minutes which in turn cause Verizon to charge consumers 45 cent a minute overage charges.

Verizon charges their customers at least one minute for anyone just ringing your number. Again this takes away the customer allotted minutes. Sometimes Verizon will resend old erased voice massages to use up a customer's minutes.

Many of the solicitor's phone numbers are unlisted on consumer's phone bill. When I call Verizon about this and about the increase in my phone bill, they refuse to give me a credit on my phone bill.

Does anybody have any idea how many millions this scam produce per year for Verizon?

Fr

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008

I purchased the Verizon USB 720 AirCard for $180 which never worked properly. After numerous attempts for troubleshooting the device and product replacement, I finally requested that my Verizon service be disconnect a refund for the device. Verizon refused to refund the device.

• Cl
      18th of Mar, 2009

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon since they started. I also have a business phone through Verizon.
    I have four phones on a family plan that are up for a 2 year contract renewal.

I like the features of Windows Smartphones but only plan on using he the software features and not downloading email or surfing the web. When I went to upgrade my phone including a two year contract renewal, Verizon says that I must then also sign up for a $30 data plan that I would not use. So I am not allowed to purchase the phone I want, at any price, contract or not without also signing up for a data plan.

My son's phone broke the other day. I took out an old Verizon Blackberry I had to activate it in place of my son's phone. When I entered in the ESN to activate the old phone, the web site also told me I would have to agree to a $30 per month data plan. This is absurd to say the least.

Evidently, you can get any phone you like at AT&T and do not have to sign up for a data plan. So, looks like Verizon has finally decided they don't need me as a customer any more.

I am now going to switch my business and personal phones to another carrier. Thanks for nothing Verizon.

• De
      25th of Aug, 2009

How do you figure VZW has anything to do with "allowing" these messages? You don't HAVE to check your voicemail. You aren't charged for an incoming call unless you answer. If you really don't have room in your plan to check a MINUTE long voicemail, you were already going to go over. You also have an option to block incoming calls on up to five numbers for FREE. Don't forget about your option to NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE. really?! Someone needed to explain this to you???????

• Lo
      6th of Oct, 2009

After all the hoopla with AT&T being the sole provider for Apple's new IPhone, Verizon Wireless needed to come up with an attractive product FAST to compete with the IPhone. After many weeks of suspense and leaked details, in November Verizon finally released two new "Flagship" phones. Made by LG, the Voyager and the Venus were unleashed on the unsuspecting consumer. One huge feature of the IPhone is the fact that it has 8 GB of extended memory for story all your great music and other data. There would no longer be a need to carry around an IPOD and a phone when this would device would serve both purposes. So, Verizon quickly introduced the Voyager and the Venus phones, the only music phones they offer which support the 8 GB micro memory chip. GREAT!

Well, it WOULD be great except that they don't work. Yes, you can insert the chip into the phone. Yes, the "memory" button on the phone will indeed recognize that you have 8 GB of memory installed. Load the Verizon Music Essentials software and connect your phone to the computer however and all the computer recognizes is 1/2 the capacity (4GB) of memory. Start transferring your music and at around 3.6 GB you get a "device full" error and you are done.

OK...so sometimes there are initial problems with new products. I think that we all understand that. There is no excuse however for any company to try and deny that there is an issue and continue marketing and selling a product that does NOT perform as advertised with no warning of any kind to the consumer. After many telephone calls and emails to both Verizon and to LG, I FINALLY got an admission from LG that there is indeed an issue with both of these new phones. It was only after forwarding that information to Verizon that they finally also admitted that the problem exists. They are supposedly working on a solution to it now but apparently it is not as easy a fix as they had hoped.

To make matters worse, as I type this, 3 weeks after reporting the problem to Verizon, they are still not acknowledging the problem anywhere on their site. They are still marketing the phones as 8 GB capable and there is NO mention of the problems in their tech support pages. As of about 15 minutes ago, Tech Support is still trying a couple of approaches when you call in. First, they will tell you that there are no known issues with these phones. After they realize that you know better than that, they will tell you that you need to download and use their latest version of the Music Essentials software and that it will recognize all the phones memory. That too is false and they know it. I don't know why they are telling their customers that story unless they are hoping that it will just buy them some time to find a solution.

At any rate, consumer beware, Verizon is selling their "IPhone Killer" but all is not as it appears.

• Ve
      17th of Oct, 2009

I am among the thousands of unhappy Verizon Wireless customers. Recieved a Blackberry Storm by mail. Activated by an in store representative, only to later find out that I was being billed for a Data Plan subscription that I was not informed of beforehand, and that I did not accept. Attempted to return the phone numerous times, and have dealt with Customer Care a half a dozen times. Its been 8 months.

Finally I discovered how to reach the Executive Relations team at Verizon Wireless. They are the only ones who can help resolve your problem, short of having an attorney contact them. BTW, I subscribe to Pre-Paid Legal for $35 a month, and their attorneys at no additional charge, will contact Verizon Wireless. Find me on twitter.com/verizoncustomer .

Share your experiences online and then email me at verizon.sucks@yahoo.com . I will forward you important contact information to reach the real decision makers at Verizon Wireless, the Executive Relations team.

• Bo
      5th of Nov, 2009

Verizon-is a terrible company. They are dishonest and falsely adveritse. I was moving and verizon said I could take my service with me. When I move to FL, they claimed they didn't have service there and this forced me to cancel. They charged me an early termination fee of $79 for cancelling because they didn't offer services in Fl. Not only did they do that but they never sent me the bill, and they sent it right to collections with out notifying me. They then sent it to the credit reporting company and now there is a mark on my credit because of their dishonesty. I have talked to all the managers till I am blue in the face and they refuse to remove it. I was doing a credit report and that is how I found out.

• Jb
      8th of Dec, 2009

All wireless service providers require a data package on blackberrys, pda, and smartphones.

• Rh
      19th of Dec, 2009

Verizon Wireless in only concerned with thier bottom line. Verizon wireless has the worst customer service I have ever encountered.

• Em
      24th of Feb, 2010

The worst thing about that, is that LG (Voyager) is a good company, as is Blackberry (storm) but VZW rushes these companies in trying to create something to Kill the Iphone, so all the devices are not throughly tested. Leading the manufacture to have a bad rap when they push up the launch date

• Em
      24th of Feb, 2010

ya you are the one that signed up for the calling... cause you put your number somewhere and didn't read the fine print...

Don't be an idiot...

• Al
      28th of Feb, 2010

its not the service providers its the fcc that require the data package, but the companies do pick the price

• Yo
      28th of May, 2010

Who has ever heard of being charged to check your own voicemail you VZW ingrates? Seriously, what other company does that? And where can you put these numbers at that you can block? Please make sure to tell people about this when they sign up.