Verizon Residential Phone Service / responsiveness in repair calls

1 Baltimore, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18004834000

This company collects additional money for service and repairs and leaves their customers hanging. Have had repeated phone problems on three different numbers over 5 year period. For the first three years calling monthly about noise on the line. Their refusal to keep lines open and lines updated is legend; their current response time of over a week before repair service arrives is obsurd.

Localities should collectively sue when this level of consumer fraud exists as in the NY suit with Dell.

We

Comments

• Be
      22nd of May, 2009

I agree I'm going on over a week from my promised date and still no dial tone service, keeps getting pushed back everytime the repair date arrives. If i could have land service with anyone else I would. Thank god I dont have thier wireless service. Verizon repair service what a crock of s**t !!!

• Do
      16th of Aug, 2010

VERIZON IS HORRIBLE. I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR 20 YEARS. I GOT A NEW CELL PHONE 2 MONTHS AGO. I WENT INTO A STORE BECAUSE IT WAS BROKEN. THEY HAD TO SEND ME A NEW ONE, WHEN THEY HAD ONE IS STOCK. THE POLICY ON WARRANTY'S. I ALSO WAS GETTING A LAND LINE AND PERSON 1 SAID IT WOULD BE TURNED ON IN 24 HOURS. IT WASN'T. I CALLED AND PERSON 2 SAID IT WOULD BE TURNED ON MONDAY AND NO PERSON NEEDED TO COME OUT. IT DIDN'T GET TURNED ON AND PERSON 3 SAID IT WOULD BE TURNED ON IN TWO DAYS AND SOMEONE HAD TO COME OUT. THEY ARE HORRIBLE

• Ca
      17th of May, 2011

Land line service in my neighborhood has been going out on a regular basis for years. Verizon keeps giving me lip service that it's fixed each time they finally arrive, but of course that's a lie. As soon as the weather warms up in Spring, the phone service goes out about every 4 to 6 wks or so. Finally, last March, I was told the permanent fix was in, however here we go again. Phone was out for four days in late April and now again in mid May. In the past, our neighborhood signed a petition that was sent to the corporate offices in Newark at which time we got some attention. But it was short lived of course. Here we go again. Around and around we go, with no end to the problem. They have "problems" getting part for the old Avis system? Not our problem! We deserve to have working phones!!! And don't even get me started on the customer service phone system. It's a maze of holding and holding and then holding some more, for hours on end!!

• Ca
      17th of May, 2011

Let me be clear about one thing I neglected to mention. The Verizon employees that they send...when they show up...are wonderful and personable, and most agree about this company, however they are happy to have a job so they keep quiet. So the field employees are not the problem. I can't say the same for the CSRs however. They just don't have a clue and some of them are downright nasty. The fault however, lies with the system itself. One hand doens't know what the other hand is doing...Customer Service? It's a farce!

• Sy
      29th of Sep, 2011

I spent days without a DSL or phone line. I was promised a service call 5 days out. The customer service was good. And, the technician appeared in 4 days. (still a long time to be without DSL and phone). The technician was also very good. It would seem that the problem is with the condition of the old telephone lines. The lines are old and service fails often. It appears that Verizon is not concerned with repairing the existing telephone lines. I'm guessing they want FIOS customers more. If it wasn't so pricey, I would be there. Until then, I would suggest Verizon hire more technicians for faster repair service.

• Le
      29th of Jan, 2012

I have been waiting over two weeks for Verizon to come out and fix my line. They have no problem collecting your money, however when it comes to repairs, I have been taken for a ride. They have rescheduled my appointments without my knowledge, and have just showed up without me knowing. Calling their customer service is a big joke, because nothing gets resolved. If there were other phone services available in my area, I would have switched two years ago.