Verizon Phone Service / misrepresentation of bundle plan/very poor customer service

1 208 Robinhood Road, Franklin, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 7575623525

I contracted for the verizon bundle plan/TV/Internet/Phone @ $99.00 per month. Yeah right! Our phone bill was ALWAYS over $150.00 and many times a lot more than that. Never ever is your bill 99, 00 with reasonable taxes of about 13.00 as I was promised.
So...December 28, 2017 I called Verizon and wanted to transfer our home phone to another company. I went through the necessary steps and it was established it would be transferred and we would keep our same number. Come January, there were severe problems with Verizon and Vonage getting the phone transferred correctly. I went through the process about 4 times and was given ticket numbers that everything was fine and dandy. OK...I didn't have any home service from either company for my home phone for January or February. I was told how very sorry Verizon was for the inconvenience and I supposedly received a credit. I have been paying Direct TV directly. Today, our internet service was interrupted. The notice says it would be interrupted on 2 /27 it was interrupted on 2/26. I talked to 4 representative just this afternoon telling my situation over and being transferred and transferred.
I was told I cannot do anything about it until someone in the (interrupted service) department is in on Tuesday. So no internet service...and that effects our phone service.
Oh by the way, I underwent a major surgery in early February and immediately had to deal with this Verizon nightmare.
How can this happen and how is it fair and why can I not receive due compensation.

Comments

• Lj
      11th of Jun, 2007
    Verizon Phone Service - billing problems

For years we have had our phone service with Verizon. Two days ago we received the message on our home phone that we had requested to have our phone service disconnected. We just paid our bill, which included service for the phone, internet, and TV. We still have internet and TV cable service, but not phone. We need the phone for the doctor. We called Verizon Customer Service and they said they cannot help us. They said the phone number is listed under someone else's name and address, plus we had contracted service with Cordia Communications on 4/14/07. We did not! We just paid our Verizon statement for May Service and June Service.

Can anyone out there give us a phone number for Cordia Communications and how to resolve this problem because Verizon cannot and neither can MCI who had contracted out Verizon business?

• Ne
      21st of Jun, 2010
    Verizon Phone Service - disconnects in back yard
    Neighborhood Playhouse School
    340 East 54 Street
    New York Manhattan
    New York
    Phone: 212-688-3770

Besides our main land line listed above (212-688-3770) We have 2 lines devoted to Fire Alarm Pull stations in our school.
    Several calls to Verizon Repair have resulted in our discovery that the continuing disconnects and crackles on all our lines
    come from the small metal box in the back yard which looks like a birds nest of hundreds of in use and out of use wires that look old
    and peeling. The Repair gentlemen who have come to our aid from Verizon tell us there is nothing they can do since
    Verizon won't allow them to do much repair on these boxes. The Central Fire Station has called us 10 times this past 5 months
    to report lack of direct fire reporting line. New York Fire Alarm keeps telling us to call Verizon. This is a school. We are paying for
    Fire Protection for our students & building.
    Please please send someone who has some authority to fix these lines. In addition our regular lines crackle and are
    not clear.

• Ro
      22nd of Apr, 2014

I have had nightmarish Internet and phone service from Verizon as well. They promised me fast Internet, but signed me up for a 2 megabyte per second service, and even then the service was on and off all the time. It turns out that my lines could not support even that kind of slug speed, so they brought the service to the 1 megabyte per second. That did not work either. The company refused to reimburse me for the difference in the cost of 1 mbps and 2 mgps for the months that I could not use the latter. Because I signed up for a bundle, based on the Verizon fraudulently told me their Internet and telephone services in the area are excellent, I could not quit without paying very substantial early termination fees to the Dish Network. I had to call Verizon almost 20 times and spend days trying to get the phone to work. The rascals did not even reimburse me for nearly a month when I could not get decent telephone service. Several years ago Verizon Wireless created an account for me that did not even have a phone assigned. They charged me over $1000 through that account during a year I was paying for service I did have. When I finally discovered what was going on and contacted the company demanding reimbursement, they put me through a nightmare of calling the company for days and days and days, rotating me each time between "Customer Service, " the Fraud Department, and other departments, each telling me I had to talk to the others. I was insanely busy those days, which is why I in the first place did not get to the bottom of why I was being charged so much for a year. I could not continue to spend hours daily on this and finally gave up. Verizon is a criminal enterprise. They know their agents cheat many, many people, but they just want money, by whatever means.