Verizon Phone Service / customer harassment

My name is Kimberly Vine and I'm a victim of a major corporation who monopolizes the market. My problem started January 1, 2007 when Verizon started pushing their customers to switch over to the new optical wire. I opted not to because my phone has been working just fine for the 6 years living here. Since I opted not to switch for a fee then my phone has not worked consistently since January 1, 2007. I've reported the problem at least 25 times, spoken to Supervisors, techs, foremen, sales, etc... And all gave me the same answer. "Ms. Vine if you switch to the new optical wire then we guarantee that your phone will work otherwise they could not help me!" I've been hearing this for the past several months. I now have a wonderful tech out right now and he is telling me that Verizon is telling their employees to sell the optical wire to every customer and try to get their Internet and cable service as well!! This tech also told me that my problem can be easily fixed within the centralized verizon location but verizon will not because their goal is to have everyone switched by the end of 2007 and have their cable and Internet service as well. Now if Verizon wanted to switch everyone to this optical wire for no fee then I would do it but I'm not going to be another victim. Most of my neighbors are elderly and have so many problems with the new wire and they are so upset but do not have the energy to fight this big company!! So I'm it and hope fully with you on my side as well then we can concur this harassment together! Someone please please help us! Thank you!!!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ar
      29th of Jan, 2009

As with all utilities companies, phone companies are regulated by your state utilities board. I suggest you look on your state's website for information regarding utilities regulation and file a complaint with the state board. That will force the phone company to appear before the board to defend themselves and most likely the board will rule in your favor.