Verizon Internetillegal charges

I had ordered Verizon DSL. There was a problem with the Phone lines. So I had to wait for phone line repair. 3weeks later and 2.5 hrs on the phone
Once repaired...Could not install Modem. Called again...another 2 hrs with no results.
Ordered interenet service with cable co. instead. Called to cancel Verizon. I was told to preview both servies and compare. I tried again to install modem. Called for support... 2 hrs later and many phone transfers. At this point I said CANCEL. I was told that a label was to be mailed so that I may return modem.
1 month later I get a bill from verizon in collections. I call again ... another two hours of phone transfers and was finally told that they have no note in their system to cancel therfore I am still responcible for the bill. I told them that I am not to be held responsible for their notes in their system and that if they look ... It was NEVER used. Why ??? Because it never worked. Could not get it to run. They tell me that they do not go by that and that it is the customers responcibilty to cancel. I DID cancel but there were not any notes to that on their system.
I spoke with management to try and rectify this matter. I should not pay for a service that I did not only use but could not RECEIVE! Management informs me that not only am I responcible fo rthe bill but I have an early cancelation charge as well !!!
Dear Lord !!! what in the world is this place coming too ??? HELP !!!

Je

Comments

Dec 20, 2008

I had the exact same experience with Verizon ;{ Just sadly my goes a bit deeper. I had cancelled my internet and still (Nov.14th) are ACHing my Money Market Account. They were never given permission and since Aug they have been giving me the run around. They now owe me over $250 and counting. I have been on the phone all day with them...Just like the modem that could never really get up and going. They state I did not cancel the internet only the phone...except it is the same phone number...This is since 8-2017.
    I had to check both my MoneyMarket acct and my checking because I sent payment knowing they were already ACHing my account do since Dec. 2017 I have been paying double bills...I had an accident and had back surgery or I would have caught it sooner...I then said who and why have you collected double payments without alerting me????
    They state that it is does via computer and it does not have a way to do that...So they continue to steal from my account...I have gotten bank fees on my MM Account because I have to keep a certain amount of $$$ in the account...So I keep calling Verizon every month since Aug. and they keep saying that it is cancel.
    I have been to my back twice and told them to freeze my account and this all would be funny if it was not so crazy...Customer gets screwed and they keep collecting...
    I am cancelling all verizon account and tell everyone I know...

• Ra
      Mar 15, 2009
    Verizon Internet - unauthorized charges
    Brooklyn
    New York

Why does FIOS not have MSNBC? You have FOX news, CNN but no MSNBC. I did not know this when I switched and am very upsett.

• Bo
      Apr 19, 2009

Yes, it happened to me. I cancelled this damn internet, as I couldn't use it due to filters being put behind my phone...which was glued to the wall. Short of tearing my wall out, I told them within days of receiving the modem that I can use it. The CS said no problem, as you have 30 days to cancel and not be charged for anything. Well, guess what? I was charged. I called Verizon's CS who agreed this fee would be deducted from my next bill. Hells bells, it actually increased, with other damn fees tacked on. I called Verizon's CS again, and they insisted that i was being jerked around and would cancel again..and to check the next month billing. I did...and it was on it again. I called again, and a nasty CS said if I didn't pay the bill, they would send me to their collection agency. True to form, they did. They said I could avoid bad debt if I paid. I told them there ain't no way in hell that I would l pay for this scam...and I never will subscribe or have other people patronize this crooked company again. They have to be stopped, and as I informed the collection agent...it's them, Verizon, who should be investigated. It's a pathetic ordeal I've been put in...but I'll never pay those F...ers!!!

• Re
      Sep 30, 2009

I agree with all of you, stay away from Verizon. Long story short, I spent hours on the phone after they lied about free this & that. Called to cancel, modem was already shipped. So, I denied shipment when UPS came. To make matters worse, a verizon truck pulled in my driveway. I asked what was he doing? He said checking the lines. My husband told him to leave & he didn't. He tresspassed, before I could run outside he supposely checked my phone box. He didn't check any of the neighbors! Just mine 24 hours after I canceled my internet. Everyone, I mean everyone lies at Verizon. Please folks, put a complaint in with the FCC, maybe you can get your money back from these scammers. Also, I was given a phone number to a gal that does "clean up" from other Verizon CS reps. The phone # is [protected] Monday thu Friday 8-7 eastern time. When you call this number all they do is clean up all the scams & messes Verizon is pulling. I hope you folks regroup your money. I am lucky, I refused shipment & printed out that I refused shipment! Hope the best for me. Also, get off auto-pay. Make them spend the money to send you a snail mail bill. I did :o)

• Nj
      Aug 09, 2010
    Verizon Internet - verizon internet down everyday
    Verizon
    Somerset
    New Jersey

Dear All,
    I am having a maricle time with verizon services, my internet goes down everyday, I called many times and the issue have not been resolved yet. One time the customer service rep. told me that she will test the line and stay on hold I ended up staying on hold for over 15 minutes and I ended up calling again with another (mobile) line. not responsive services. I called again today and they ask to send another modem to see if this resolve the issue, I regret soo much signing up with verizon service. If I disconnet now, they will charge disconnection fee as I have one year agreement, but I can't live up with this for all year...
    JUST BE CAREFUL ...DO NOT SWITCH TO VERIZON SERVICE.

• Su
      Dec 29, 2010

I HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FROM BEING ON THE PHONE 2-3 HRS. CHARGING MY BANK ACCOUNT WHEN I ASKED THEM NOT TO AND GOT CHARGED OVERDRAFTS 3 X'S IN A ROW. I FILED COMPLAINT WITH BBB. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THE SAME AND LET THEM TAKE CARE OF IT.

• Vz
      Jan 14, 2011

I work for Verizon in a group called Premium Technical Support, virus removal group for $15.00 per month, the sales team will convince people that we can fix anything yet they forget to mention that they need to be able to connect to the Internet first! Also there was a big policy change that you are only allowed to assist to get the customer in getting connected for 15 minutes, after that you have a Supervisor yelling at you to get off the long call. So you have to transfer the client to the Onsite Services Department, a $250.00 charge to have someone come out to your house to tell you yep your (blank) device is bad, you will need to go buy one then pay another $75.00 to have them comeback to install it. Plus if you call the Fiber or DSL groups they like to say wait 1 minute then send you to Premium Tech just to find out you have to pay for it? Most will get transferred back and wait another hour to be told I can’t help you again. They are great at transferring calls into hold and taking your money. Plus they don’t care as long as you will pay they will keep not assisting you! I care but almost got fired for actually being a real Technician not a Phone Jockey. SRY :-(

• Un
      Jan 26, 2011
    Verizon Internet - billing
    Verizon
    Middletown
    Pennsylvania

I have been fighting with Verizon since September of 2017 and the only thing I ever get is that I have to pay a certiain amount and then I have to wait on a phone call well I pay the amount they said too and then I never get a call back . Then when I call again I get the same thing again and again until yesterday 01/25/2017 they basically told me that I was at fault and that I had to pay for an installation that was not necessary because it was the Technicians fault and that I was being double billed in which I was never told that and that I as the customer I was wrong I as the girl a question and I said can you please answer me and she said she is reading and she cannot answer my question they are rude and not helpful and to get to talk to someone is beyond impossible and If you make a payment over the phone they charge you $3.00 but you if you pay over the internet its free I said my internet is shut off because I did pay some she said well thats your problem

• Rk
      Mar 19, 2011
    Verizon Internet - unauthorized charges
    rkn
    Massachusetts

I was been told by my verizon internet provider that they offer me 1mb speed and free of charge modem monthly rate is only $19.99 with no contract last month, and agreed to accept the offer, but today I recieved bill payment of $57. 00 and 80 cents, which is shocking, and I called verizon billing to discuss this matter, the guy in the billing answered and was been rude and unfriendly and said if you want to cancel the account go ahead, and refuse to adjust my bill. what a ripoff, almost every where we go getting ripped off.