Verizon Idearc Superpages

Posted:

superpages contract scam!

4.4
I was told by my salesman too that the contract was month by month and that if I was unhappy with my ad that I could call in and cancel it. I contacted many levels above this rep. and was stone-walled at every turn. These people are crooks. The fact is that Verizon doesn't even own Super Pages, Idearec does. I don't know what to do. They fall back on their click through statistics. Their argument goes something like this; "your ad is working because we see that you have x-amount of clicks or hits on your ad." Hits mean nothing if they don't turn into business or calls. I have had websites before and hits mean little.
Complaint comments Comments (42)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  17th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have gotten the run around and mistreatment and CRAP by Verizon. They are trying to change the functionality of my phone which is a change of contract which is ILLEGAL without my concent. Sounds like it is time for THE PEOPLE to band together and collectivally SUE the hell out of Verizon and every bus. entity that they have for their piss poor customer service and practices. This is bs.
D  8th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
**** 3rd response
We are never pleased when we use IDEARC. Please blow it out your issue.
I promise someone will not get back with U ever. U R crazy if you think I will provide U with any personal information for you to further harass me with.
Horrible employees.
N  17th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
**** 2nd request
information and email back to me at: customerservice@supermedia.com

Your Full Name and Title:

Best time to call you:

E-mail address:

Brief Complaint Description:
A  13th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
We are never pleased when IDEARC is unhappy. Blah! Blah! Blah! You bunch of tards.
D  13th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
see comment from them. JUST ANOTHER CANNED RESPONSE. SUCK IT!
A  26th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had a similar issue, and would never use them or recommend them to anyone again. I actually worked for them a short time, and they had a class action lawsuit against them for illegal compensation programs that basically forced reps to oversell their clients just to make quota. Terrible culture of dishonesty there IMHO.
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
THATS WHY THEY FILED BANKRUPCY. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Your customer service sucks!
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
IDECK IS HARASSING ME WITH PHONE CALLS AND I DONT EVEN OWE THEM ANYTHING.
GO FIGURE. THEY ARE NUTS.
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! NO BUYERS REMORSE. YOU JUST SUCK! GET A REAL JOB. I EMAILED YOUR NEW OWNER. YOU BUNCH OF TRASH.
A  9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
CUSSUCKMOSERVICE WOULD BE A BETTER TITLE. I HOPE YOU ALL ARE LAID OFF.
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
WE ALL READ THE S___T! I WAS JUST TRYING TO PAY THE BILL AND THE BI_____ES AT COUSTOMER REPVILLE DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH BRAINS TO FOLLOW THRU WITH ANY KIND OF ASSISTANCE WHAT-SO-EVER. All I got while "trying to pay the bill" was a bunch of condescending, defensive crap. You suck!
D  8th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
There is no way you can complain if they have your conversation on tape agreeing to the ad. If you don't agree, don't say yes or sign anything!!! They don't have anything less then a 12 mo. agreement. They never had a trial! I used to work there up until last year. It always frustrated me when customers deny they were "TOLD" anything. The thing is, the above poster is right. Many times, the customers don't answer the phone, don't return calls, don't ask the callers where they found him, don't properly follow up with their internet campaign and keep an eye on it, and don't want to pay when they screw up!!
A sales rep can't babysit you for Christ's sake! Grow up and be a business owner, one that is saavy and knows his [censor]. Obviously you don't get it...and that's why you're unsuccessful.
N  8th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had a very poor business experience with "Supermedia". I don't want to have to pay you to listen to all of the many errors that they have made. I am still trying to get them to reimburse me for $700 of over-charges. This has been going on for months. Please post this review to as many review sites as possible:

I decided to take a much closer look at our marketing efforts. One of these efforts included the decision to try "Superpages.com." I was given plenty of promises and even decided to have them produce a short video for our www/superpages.com ad. I never post reviews but this one might help others from making the same mistake. My main contact rep was Eden Pond. This was nothing but a game to him. The culture at Supermedia (the entity that handles Superpages.com) is callous. Mr. Pond and Supermedia stole $700 from me. Looks like I have to file a claim or something. I have since cancelled my account and I will spend those ad budget dollars at Google or Dex. I have spent 200 hours dealing with Superpages. Trust me - run. You don't want to waste money and time here. And how many "clicks" to our website in the last 6 months? About 10. And it isn't that they called us instead. Superpages.com didn't even list our phone number!
A  28th of Apr, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I am a disgruntled Idearc member... whatever, how can you be a client of a company that doesn't work. Its simple... they caught me by stating that they will give me 4 to 5 months to start getting clients from their ad campaign that they designed for me. This would take time, they said, because it takes a couple months to officially be placed on Google and other search engines. Then they said they wouldn't bill me until I got clients coming in which would be the 5th month and if I don't receive any clients that my service would be cancelled and I don't have to pay a thing . Well its the 5th month and I have received not ONE you hear me NOT ONE client from dealing with these lying freaks. Yet they have the audacity to have sent my info to a collection agency already. I would have to be way late on a monthly payment plan to get to collections already. I have not received ONE bill that states I owe anything, so how can I owe anything. Not ONE CLIENT, NOT ONE BILL. These people are mental, but won't drive me crazy. They can kiss my a**.
D  15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow I would bet the farm most of these complaints are buyers remorse. For those of u that have had real issues with ur sale rep or follow up I would say don't give up there are good people that work for Idearc/Super Media. I'm a user of there products and I have been with Idearc/Super media for over five years all. In 80percent of the customers it's the same buyers remorse or it wasn't expained, u are grwn adults that run businesses and just because u have buyers remorse does not mean the sales rep lied or mislead u! Come on they didn't twist ur arm to verbaly agree for the advertising. U peeople are the ones that want them to come out of pocket and do the work for u and as soon as u do not make thousands of dollars for spending a hundred bucks or so u want to cancel. Come on u have to spend money to make money I mean is this news to anyone u run a business. I would also ask who tracks how someone found there business? Don't lie u know u do not ask everytime and honestly a few might but the majority do not. How professional are u in dealing with a customer? In my experience it's not enough they got someone to contact a customer of Idearc/Supermedia it's our fault they didn't want to hire u. People u need to take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself can I close a lead, do I always answer my phone, is my voice mail professional, how good am I at what I do? Nah it's the companys fault so I'll just lie and do everything I can to get that sales rep in trouble if I don't get what I want. You call us crooks, They can pull recoded calls and I would bet for most of u the sales reps explian everything to the program to the 12 month contract and yet people have the nerve to continue to lie to get what they want. For those of u who had ppc who them ur credit card you gave it to them so what are u ### about now they are charging u, read ur terms and conditios people it's all there. Let me ask when ur contract I's up on ur cell phones does ur provider call u and say hey ur contract is up he'll no, it's the same with ur insurance and so many more things in ur life but r
they send letters that u prob just throw away and they are the ### of the earth. I'm sure there are real issues I had one and it was resolved not in the time frame I liked but I'm a selfish ### there are good people that work there. Just because u have a bad date with a girl or guy that does not mean u give up dating, and u damn sure don't creat blogs and websites about how bad ur experience was I'm just tired of reading the same thing over and over. Hell I could make something up like my sales rep told mr I was going to make 1 million dollars and I'll I need was a bold listing in the book Sure enogh some dumbass would comment me to I'm going to the bbb on them Pay more attention to ur business people and less on the blame game and ur bottom line will go up
N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am sorry that you are not happy with superpages. I was on the web and found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. My friend Mike setup a ebillboard and he is happy with his ebillboard.
N  8th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
That is exactly what you people get for trusting a company like Idearc. Online marketing does work and I have been very happy since I left Idearc. I just went with a company with great follow up and focus to customers happiness. Email me at timanderson247@gmail.com
A  23rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I completely agree and have a similar experience with this company. First of all my sales rep was so ill prepared that he did not even know the terms of the Pay-per-Click advertising that he was selling to me. He had to call his boss several times in the middle of his presentation to get the answers to my questions. He told me that the if I want to CANCEL or change my online advertising with Idearc, I have to call their Icare hotline and they will take care of it. He never mentioned that they make clients sign a year long contract. He just pushed the papers in front of me with no mentioning of inability to cancel the online advertising program. Anytime I asked a question, he said just call Icare and they will take care of it. So a year and a half and some $2500 later in click fees and absolutely no customer leads, not even one, I called to cancel. Icare told me that the only person able to cancel this is the sales rep not them! So I called his office and I was told that he is on vacation for a month! After waiting for him for a month to come back, he said that he can not help me with this and I have to talk to his boss. After numerous messages on his boss's answering machine and a month later, She called me back and said there is no way to cancel. I should have read the contract when I signed it. It is a contract and I have to keep paying a $40 monthly fee for a year whether I want to run an ad or not. I told her that her sales person was so disorganized and in such a rush to get to his next victim that he rushed me through the paperwork without giving me a chance to read them overnight and sign later. He just said sign them now and call Icare later. She then tells me that I an saying does not sound like her team and I am basically lying to try to get out of the commitment. I never knew there was a commitment.

Basically their sales tactic is to confuse you with numbers, details, and what your competition is doing to make you sign the fine printed contract in a hurry. The sales rep was absolutely clueless himself. He just pointed out to the colorful charts and graphs, kept calling his boss for answers and never mentioned that there is no way to back down from their Pay-per-Click advertising scam. Other reputable online advertisers like Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Local.com and even the lesser known ones don't lock their customers to arbitrary contracts. It is not like they are selling a tangible asset like a cell phone.
A  9th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here is documentation I took to record my experience with Verizon. The main thing to note is that Lisa, who works for Verizon collections, used profanity while harrassing me. This is illegal, a fact that I found out much later. Though what can a small guy do? Verizon Sucks.

Target of Complaint:
VERIZON
P.O. BOX 619009
DWF AIRPORT, TX 75261

Type of Complaint:
Select the type of complaint you wish to file.
3. Details of Complaint: Tell us about your complaint,
4. Personal Information: Tell us about yourself,
5. Submission to the BBB: Submit the complaint to the bureau.

Ad was placed in Verizon phone book without my consent.

A Verizon representative, Zak Hobbs, called to inquire whether I would be interested in buying an Ad in Verizon Yellow Pages Phone Book. I agreed to listen to his offer. He mentions he could produce a proof for the ad for me to consider. He said that the ad would not go in the phone book without my approval, but in order to get the ball rolling, he needed a third party confirmation. Again, he said this was just to get designing the proof started but that it would not be printed without my permission. He said I would receive proof and then I could give the yes or no answer. I never received proof.

A friend and business owner, R. Blackburn, recommended that I should call back and ensure they did not put my ad in the phone book. He mentioned he had similar problems with a sales rep from a phone book. I called Zak Hobbs (972-719-3649) who ensured it would not be put in.

Received call from solicitors who said my ad was in the yellow pages. Called Zak Hobbs 3rd week in October after finding out ad was in yellow pages. Zak gave me the number of his manager Charles Boreno (972-719-3630). Called Charles and left message for him to call me back

4th week October, Left another message on Charles voice mail

5th week October, called Verizon billing, 1800-445-9050 x4575. Talked to Connie who said I would need to talk to Charles. She said she e-mailed Nov 2nd him a message to call me.

1st week November 5th called Charles and left voice mail.

2nd week November 11th, called Verizon billing, 1800-445-9050 x4575. Talked to Connie. Requested her to send another e-mail since Charles had not contact me yet.
Called 2nd week in November (11/18/04). Called 1-866-451-9905 talked to Lisa W. at collections. Told me that District Sales Manager was sent an e-mail. Offered me Zak’s rep supervisor. Told her I already had it, I had called him but no answer. Also explained how I was deceived regarding the ad. Mention the info in ad was wrong. She said I could talk to customer service for an adjustment.

12/06/04 Called and talk to customer service. Informed them that the information in the ad was incorrect, and a brief history of my problem with their sales representative. She said that they will look over ad and give me a call back.
Received VM from Vergil from Verizon. Called him back at 1-800-445-9050 ext 4590. He listened to my complaint and mentioned if I choose to use Verizon, I would deal with Zak again. I informed him I had decided a few months ago not to use Verizon.

12/22/04, Called Verizon billing at 1-800-445-9050. no answer 4575. Talked to Connie.

12/28/04. Called Charles Boreno (972-719-3630). Was out of office. Called Melinda at 800-336-3407, extension 3964 – left message on voice mail regarding questions to my account

12/29/04 Kathy Bond called me back (Melinda gave her my info). I mention the info in the ad was mostly incorrect and would like to see if I could have the billing cancelled. She said I should talk to customer service to about the incorrect listing. Informed her customer service told me to get into contact with George Boreno.
Called Verizon billing at 1-800-445-9050. Susie Watkins answered the phone. I informed her information was incorrect in the ad. She mentioned a ticket had already been opened. Transferred me to Virgil (1-800-445-9050 ext 4590) who had closed my ticket. Was cut off. Tried calling again a few times but was not able to get through.
Lisa, from Verizon Collection Departmen, treated me with contempt and threatened to take me to court. Without provocation, she said to me “### you”.

Submitted complaint to BBB online
2/17/05 Received call from Jan (Verizon customer service: 972-518-2700 or 800-445-9050 ext 4559) inquiring about complaint sent to BBB. I explained the basis for complaint.

Abbreviated version for the BBB:

Ad was placed in Verizon phone book without my consent.

A Verizon representative, Zak Hobbs, called to inquire whether I would be interested in buying an Ad in Verizon Yellow Pages Phone Book. I agreed to listen to his offer. He mention he could produce an ad proof for me to consider at no cost and that the ad would not go in the phone book without my approval, but in order to get the ball rolling to design the ad proof, he needed a third party confirmation. He understood that much of the info in the ad would change such as price structure, phone#, etc. Again, he said this was just to get designing the proof started but that it would not be printed without my permission. He said I would receive proof and then I could give the yes or no answer. Never received proof.

A good friend and business owner, Richard Blackburn, recommended that I should call back and ensure they did not put my ad in the phone book anyway. He mention he had similar problems with a sales rep from a phone book co. I called Zak Hobbs who ensured it would not be put in.

3rd week in Oct: Received call from solicitors who said my ad was in the Verizon yellow pages. Called Zak Hobbs who gave me the number of his manager, Charles Boreno. Called Charles and left message for him to call me back. No call back

4th week in Oct - Left another message on Charles voice mail. No call back.

5th week in Oct - Called Verizon billing. Talked to Connie who said I would need to talk to Charles. She said she e-mail him a message to call me on Nov 2nd. No call back.

The message I left on Charles Boreno's phone were tactful and friendly. This phone calling went on until Jan 2005, when I finally recieved a call from the Verizon Collection Department. The Rep, Lisa, treated me with contempt and threatened to take me to court. She told me to “### you”. I was astonished by such animosity.

I have a more detailed account of what happened. My financial credit is strong. This is the first instance in my life I had to write to an agency such as the BBB.

Update:

Fours years after all of this, Verizon Sucks tried to collect money. I consulted with my lawyer who said since 4 years had passed they could not legally collect. What was owed did not matter; it was a small amount. What did matter was the principle. How could one pay for something he did not authorize. Verizon is an unethical company that abuses people, bullying them out of their money. Sad. Sad. Verizon Sucks!
N  9th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
We are never pleased when one of our clients is unhappy. Please give me the opportunity to review your issue. I promise someone will get back to you within 48 hours with an update. Please provide me with the following information and email back to me at: customerservice@Idearc.com

Your Full Name and Title: