Verizon Fios Internet Service / intermittent!

1400 Drexel StTakoma Park, MD, United States Review updated:
I was so excited to see that Fios was becoming available in my neighborhood; little did I know it would become the Bain of my existence. Well maybe for a shorter time than my entire existence. I ordered the service, (triple play of course) to get the 19" LCD TV. I received a lot more instead. First, ordering was a great experience and pleasant customer service rep. Second the installation took all day but again the installation Techs were great. Phone support needs to be clearly train, updated, and made more user friendly. Now the Service and billing, this is where there is issues.

I had service installed on 2/16/08 my service and speed was fine for two days, this is the start of the nightmare. The Internet service would then go down every three hours, the ip address would change and the speeds were not even close to what I ordered. I order 15MB down and 2MB up I have been getting 1MB down and 2MB up. I've been told I was turning the router off and on every three hours, it's the router, (which was replaced twice). I was told I had been using a bit torrent. How can I? It's not up long enough. Now I took a day off so I can get this all sorted out. What a disappointment.

Comments

Ly
  15th of Aug, 2007

Verizon Fios Internet Service - Installation refused

Verizon refuses to install more than one Fios Internet Service per house. Two people in my house have home-based businesses and cannot network.
Ol
  11th of Apr, 2009
I have this all the time. Often its every few seconds and that goes on for hours and then it still comes back at times. Its every day now. It started after I got it a year or two ago and then comes back at times. When I first had the problem, Verizon said it wasn't possible and to use Windows to check the connection. Windows said no connection. Verizon said you don't have to turn off your computer or the modem. Now they post those as suggestions. Verizon is intentionally providing incompetent service and charging for it. This shows it has monopoly power which it abuses. The only remedy then is a break up order of Verizon under the antitrust laws.
Da
  29th of Jun, 2010
I have had FIOS HIGH SPEED internet for over a year. I have had troubles from day one. It is the most down, awkard sytem on the market. Evidently their Computer Gerus are from India. They change in the middle of the year, and ask for your residential password. I have never heard of this RESIDENTIAL password before. I have entered my email address and password and "THEIR system does not recognize it!" Interestingly their billing department does. I have been down for over a week and cannot get Tech. Support or a Phone number to even call to complain. When I have complained before when paying my bill, they basically laugh it off and say, Pay the Full Amount. Prior to FIOS I had AOL, I never one time in four years had any problem with AOL. What a fool I was to sign up for FIOS. And in July 2010, I have been notified that they are selling off This part of their business to a company called Frontier. OMG, what can I expect now with a company I have never heard of and are dumb enough to purchase such a lousy Service. Verizon wins again, pity Frontier, , , , , love to see their stock Plummet.
Dave Brock Fort Wayne, IN a very disatisfied Verion Customer.

Verizon Communications Logo Verizon Communications