Verizon / trying to collect what I do not owe!

1 PO Box 660108Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8009220204

I ordered a wireless card for my laptop from Verizon. It came and would not work on my laptop. I returned it and called them to let them know it would not work. When they told me they did not know which one would fit my computer I gave up on Verizon and did not reorder one of the others they had for sale. In a separate issue I was emailed with a request to activate my "phone" service. I had no phone service and I had no wireless access so I did not activate the account they said I should.
Now they are billing me for $143.10 for wireless service I never received! I called and told them I had not activated their services but they told me too bad; I still had to pay because someone DID activate it. Well, I did not and I got nothing from them but they still insist i pay them for the nothing they gave me! I have no wireless access and no wireless phone!

Sy

Comments

• Mi
      14th of Apr, 2009

You have to tell them to disconnect the service ###.

• Je
      6th of Mar, 2010

Verizon is trying to do the same scandalous stuff to me for services I never used too.

All I wanted was internet service and was told by their Rep that I had to have a phone line activated in order to receive internet via dsl, which I was extremely reluctant to get because I didn't want to pay for two separate bills to pay. After over an hour on the phone with their rep I ordered it under the assumption I could cancel within 30 days if I changed my mind.

Well after receiving the modem I decided to go with cable internet (which they did not offer) and make my internet connection much less confusing and affordable. I returned the modem, after a lengthly process just to do that with success and when I attempted to cancel the phone line (which I NEVER wanted, used or needed) they simply refused and told me if I did so they would charge me $80.00 for doing so! I was absolutely appalled, I attempted many times to resolve the situation with several different reps to explain that the only reason the telephone line was ever ordered was for the internet service and I never used or even had a land line phone to even plug it into. I could not believe they wanted my to pay $100 for a service I did not want, use or need! It was just ridiculous that I would be charged for a service I was told I could cancel, when I mentioned that to the rep I was told that only the modem and internet service could be canceled, not the land line! What???!!! That is just plain criminal!

Does anyone know if this is illegal in the state of California? Because if it isn't, it should be!!!

Now they have sent this $82.32 debt they say I owe to a collection agency who is now trying to collect the funds from me! I will not ever pay this!!! IT IS PLAIN ROBERY! WHY WOULD A BIG AND SUCCESSFUL COMPANY LIKE VERIZON NEED TO TRY AND CHEAT AND STEAL REGULAR PEOPLE OUT OF THIER MONEY!!! AND BECAUSE OF THIS VERY REASON I WILL NEVER EVER EVER PURCHASE OR SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICE EVER!
    THEY ARE THIEVES AND THE MOST DISHONEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER CAME INTO CONTACT WITH!!!