Verizon / verizon lies

United States Review updated:
These people are slime. Their claims of $64.99 for DSL and unlimited call bundling are lies. My phone bill is climbing by about $12 every month since I went for the bait, and is now at about $100. Seems they don't have to keep their claims, promises, whatever. They keep finding fees, excuses, etc.; they know how to spin and do the ol' run around leading nowhere but to frustration for me. There seems to be no effective regulation. Whatever happend to government? They do what they want, and they don't have to care. STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON!

Is there a law firm out there ready to file a class action suit?
Ab

Comments

Ab
  25th of Aug, 2008
These people are wads of slime. Their claims of $64.99 ads for DSL and unlimited call bundling are lies. My phone bill is climbing by about $12 every month since I went for the bait, and is now at about $100. Seems they don't have to keep their claims, promises, whatever. They keep finding fees and excuses; they know how to spin and do the ol' run around leading nowhere but to frustration. There seems to be no effective regulation. Whatever happend to government? They do what they want, and they don't have to care. STAY AWAY FROM VERIZON!

Is there a law firm out there ready to file a class action suit?
Th
  20th of Feb, 2009
Verizon LIES!

My cell phone broke and I went to the store and they said I had only two options: (1) pay $250.00 (retail) for a new phone, or (2) pay $39.00 for a new phone (that includes $100.00 rebate) and extend my contract for 2 years. Oh, BTY -- they were out of the $39.00 phones and I would have to buy the $79.00 one in stock unless I wanted to wait a couple days. Bait and Switch!

I called Verizon and they confirmed the claim. My complaints that I was a long time customer fell on deaf ears. I even threatened to change my carrier since I was no longer under contract. Still, not a budge!

Thinking I had no other alternative, I went to Wal-Mart, intent on buying a "pay as you go phone." There on the shelf for $19.95 was a Verizon phone (Samsung). Same one as in the Verizon store for $39.00. The package touted a $2.99 a month unlimited use fee. OUCH -- $90.00 a month for a stupid phone. This wasn't going to work either.

A Wal-Mart associate heard me muttering and came to my aid. She said all I had to do was look under the battery and write down the HEX number. Then call Verizon and have them change the connection from the broken phone to the new "cheap" phone. IT WORKED! I saved a bundle.

Verizon LIES!