Veritus Funding / Terrible company!

1 6050 Santo Rd.San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 858-300-4800

Basically following up on Marco's Statements previously posted. I worked at Veritus Funding for close to 3 mos. Putting in hours ranging from 8-12hrs per day. Was hired by ROT management and immediately noticed discrepancies in what management was telling me and what procedures really were. During my initial interview, was also asked what nationality I was. I did not see how this was a determining factor regarding my potential employment and found it a strange question to ask during an interview. I was initially brought in by their 'exclusive lead generation system' in hopes of closing those 5-7 loans per mo. earning $10-$15k per mo. like the ad stated. This was not the case. They would send out fliers that had 5.25% on 30yr fix, then gave a payment schedule based off of your loan amount and what the payment would be based off of the loan amount and the rate indicated on the card. Little did the potential client know, that this payment was an Interest Only Payment, not a fully amortized 30yr fix payment as stated on the card. They misleadingly advertise a 30yr fix at 5.25%, when it is actually a 30yr fix buydown with a teaser rate, the actual rate is 6.25%. You don't know how many people actually called in interested about our promotion, but once I told them the truth, they were no longer interested and most of the time, hung up on me. I was constantly speaking with potential clients about this companies dishonesty and their failure to communicate and disclose all information to their potential clients. Also, processing there is terrible. All the processors have attitudes, and never update you on conditions when needed, only at the last minute. I always thought that the processors worked on your side and wanted to see the loans close as much as you do. They could care less at Veritus.

Most of all, Brent Warner is the biggest jerk you'll ever come across. As Marco stated, he seems to thrive off of be-littling you and insulting your capabilities and knowledge. He is one of the 'Sneaky Salesman' that you hear about so often and are encouraged to stay far away from. I'm surprise he's still in business. After my first time meeting and shaking Brent's hand, he asked my why my hands were sticky, and asked if I had been beating off? How professional is that and he's the owner?

Another occasion he asked me whether my clients who had a Spanish last name, spoke english very well. Asked if they would notice an increase in origination, approx. $800 as well as increasing fees on admin and processing totaling about $1300. This guy may be knowledgeable in sales, but the guys out to rip you off and is in it for himself. Also, When I was initially hired by the ROT manager, he told me that you get paid 24-48hrs after your loan has recorded and wired. Later when I tried to collect my commission, Brent played phone games and would not pay me for 2 weeks and my check was short. He would not provide a breakdown as he previously did with previous funding.

All in all, if your looking for a good Mortgage Company to work for, STAY AWAY FROM VERITUS. They are all bullsh**ters and liars and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

Va

Comments

• Do
      22nd of May, 2008
    Veritus Funding - false information
    Veritus Funding
    6050 Santo Road
    San Diego
    Phone: 888-563-5275
    www.veritusfunding.com

We were given mis-information about our loan. When it was brought to our agent's attention, he referred us to Brent Warner, the owner of Veritus Funding, who never returned our calls. Their mistake cost us an extra $500. We lost all confidence in this company.

• El
      4th of Nov, 2008

Can you please report them to the department of consumer affairs and the department of real estate, if you don't they will only continue with what they are doing and hurting us consumers especially the non-speaking english customers (HISPANIC)

• El
      4th of Nov, 2008

report them to the department of real estate and the department of consumer affairs.

• Ph
      9th of Nov, 2008

I agree with the previous comment. Please report that unethical company before they hurt more consumers and more loan originators. I was going to respond to their job posting. I'm glad I felt the need to search first. I worked for a short time at Rockwell / RFG. Same thing. 3 years ago they are making us push option ARMs, make it look good for people to take them. I've been there only for a short time. They cheated me off my commissions as well

• Ac
      11th of Jan, 2009
    Veritus Funding - Don't work for them
    San Diego
    California

Don't work for them. They are rude people. They are arrogant. They don't return phone calls. Jerks. They overpromise and didn't deliver to me. Just my opinion.

8th of Feb, 2009

they came to my house and they we`re very professional and it worked for me, against all the rip off companies that trying to sell you over the phone. and if you we`re a Lil smart enough you would understand that like i know and seeing that there's a lot of strategies to this market. the only one thing that i would agree is the complaning about there owner so out of line to ask you those kinda questions.

p.s - I'm overall satisfy with there work and i think you guys should check the market and see other companies before you come with accusations because there product works and i am refinancing for the 5th time.(Hispanic)

• Te
      11th of Mar, 2009
    Veritus Funding - fraud/scam artist
    veritus funding
    sfv/los angeles
    California

stay away from this company they are nothing but scammers, they scam me out off $12, 000 for a 5.25% loan which I never got, after I got the refi they I ended up with a 6.25% and forget about calling them, they do not answer nor return your phone calls.

• Ke
      23rd of Sep, 2009

they did a mortage refinance and said i would pay less every month but now I pay more.

26th of Jan, 2011

They are liars and everything which was said is true. I wrote a check and they cashed it, and never did anything they said. I am wondering - Is there any one who has thought of placing a website to gather all of the complaints and file a class action law suit against this company?