Ventura West Car Wash / FRAUD

1 Woodland Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (818)225-5347

I brought my car in to be washed. They charge $11.99. I had a coupon for $5.99 from one of their competitors (1/2 of what Ventura West charges.) I asked the guy who vacuums the car if they honored coupons at that price. He said "yes." Then I re-confirmed it with the guy who writes up the ticket, who also said "yes." We even had a conversation about my selling the car. When I got to the cashier, I gave her my ticket & coupon. She told me she could only deduct $2, not the full $6. I told her the two employees said that I could get the coupon price. She called the mgr. I don't recall his name, but he was Armenian, I think. He accused me of lying, insisting neither employee speaks English. I knew that not to be true, as the 2nd employee & I had a two-way conversation & he spoke fluent English. The mgr. even brought one of the employees in to the lobby, asking me to identify him. In the meantime, other disgruntled customers stood waiting in line behind me.The mgr. then told me to "take my car and get out of there." I was terribly embarrassed & humiliated by his public display. I see this company has other complaints against them on the internet.

Cw

Comments

• Je
      15th of Jun, 2009

I had something similar happen this weekend. They said they would take a coupon from a competitor, and then handed me my ticket. When I got the the cashier, she was very rude and argumentative, saying I should have shown her the coupon. I had already presented it to the guy who wrote up the ticket, so naturally I thought he had noted it in the price, like every other car wash on the planet. The cashier was so nasty, I will never go back. Not ever. No way, no how. They never did a particularly good job anyway (and I'm not picky) so it's no big loss.

• Ri
      13th of Feb, 2010

Perhaps if you just used the coupon at the place it originated from you wouldn't have problems. 11.99 is a fair deal for a good wash.

• Mi
      3rd of Sep, 2011

Mediocre wash. Rude managers and cashiers. No interest in their customers, whatsoever. The place seems to be run by some shady characters. Don't use coupons and remove everything of value from your car and you will probably be okay.