VendSmart / Beware of this rip off com

VendSmart Locator

VendSmart is a vending machine placement company and I was dealing with David Addison to have a team of locators sent to my city to have my machine set up.

By sending him a $1584 deposit he guarantied me that he would have a team in place by Monday of the coming week and I was going to get a call from Don offer the weekend.

My friend who also sent him $1738 deposit got the same deal as me. For 4 days I tried to reach David but he ignored my calls and never returned any of them. I never got a call until the Monday evening, it was from Don who said they were having some problems and that they would be starting the contract on Wednesday and he would be calling me Tuesday night to arrange a meeting.

A friend was able to reach David by tricking him she was a new customer, she was told the team was already in town and we would getting a call shortly, it never happened.

I sent David a nasty email asking him to refund our deposits or we would expose him as a scammer, 2 days later I received a call from a guy called Carl who said he was a professional locator out to California claiming that David had called him and asked him to drop everything and take over our 2 contracts. By the time Carl called me David had already agreed to refund us our deposit so we told Carl the deal was off David never followed through with the refund so me and my friend have lost or deposits.

I also was able to find out that VendSmart is associated with Jim Ellis who was the man behind Vending Dream which has dozens of rip-off on this site.

Va

More VendSmart Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• To
      14th of Sep, 2007

I've dealt with VendSmart several times in Toronto. I've also dealt with Vending Dreams when they where around and I know that Jim Ellis and David Addison have nothing to do with each other.

I waited about a month for my job to get completed each time and was quite happy with VendSmart. You don't sound very smart yourself and I will continue to use VendSmart despite your comment.

Todd

• Mi
      14th of Sep, 2007

I've used VendSmart as well - I'm in New York. I'm in my 3rd wave with them and have had no real problems... Other than a few bad locaitons but who's perfect?

So I too will continue to use VendSmart and recommend them. I don't know anything about this "VendingDreams" thing but I don't care either.

Mike
    "MR Vend" of NY

• Ci
      14th of Sep, 2007

Hey! Isn't this the same person that's posted on [redacted] and my3cents? Tammy and Petey..or Pierree or something like that. Don't you guys have anything better to do? I'm reading a my3cents thing and it's hilarious! There's a letter posted by Tammy where she threatens to ruin VendSmarts reputation and misspells everything in her email!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy

• Ke
      14th of Sep, 2007

No problems here with VendSmart. Had to wait 3 weeks longer than expected but I was happy with the results!

Ken

• Ta
      20th of Sep, 2007

To vendsmart:You are such a liar with everything! The only reason I signed a contract with you and sent you a deposit is because you gave me your word and put in my contract that the starting date was august 20th 2007. After 10 days of excuses, lies and research on the net, I found out that Vendsmart was created by JIM ELLIS. The same guy who owned VendingDreams who's accused of scamming so many people. And that the phone line you where calling me from was coming from Jim Ellis's house (same address). That's when I asked for a refound. By august 31th 2007 , two day's later, you had BLOCKED my phone line so I could not phone Vendsmart anymore and never called me back. (see comments on my3cents.com and /link removed/

P.S. Spelling mistakes!!! It's O.K you can laugh, I went to french school. At least I'm proud of being a good and honest person. What can you be proud of.......By the way, funny again how all your friends or yourself with different email addresses posted comments on the same day!

Tammy

• Un
      21st of Sep, 2007

VendSmart is a scam. I have never worked with professionals or should I say scammers, that give you a dial tone when you are requesting a refund for services that was never started. A word of advice.....

DON'T JOIN THE REVOLUTION

• Ve
      21st of Sep, 2007

My last response to this crap. Pierre has already been in touch with Ron , whom we offered as a resolution and is coming to Canada. Ron would never have been in contact with Pierre IF I HADN'T OF SENT HIM and if I was a scammer. Pierre, I know, has already told you about Ron and begun working out a time frame.

Don't, in one breath, call me a scammer, and in another use my services. Ron is contracted out by my company to help resolve backlogs in Canada. A scammer doesn't write back, a scammer doesn't still work at resolving open committments. I'm confused also. After doing a whois on my website I come up with ME AS THE OWNER! Imagine that. Also, I'm not going to explain - yet again - who this evil Dr. Ellis who is plotting as we speak right now to blah ... blah ... blah... Was associated with my company. He sold some domains which have FULL OWNERSHIP transferred to me - check WHOIS - AND THE PHONE NUMBER is not Jim Ellis's house - it was a VIRTUAL T1 TRUNK LINE ASSIGNED BY BELLSOUTH TO THE PHONE SYSTEM WE BOUGHT IN THE BANKRUPTCY AUCTION. If that explanation gives you a headache call Lucent Technologies and ask them about assigned "Phone Switch Numbers" and how they work. Or go to college on it like I did.

Enough of the monkey feeding. YOUR OPTION AT THIS POINT IS TO WORK WITH RON WHICH IS A REASONABLE SOLUTION THAT WE CAN OFFER. YOU HAD AN OPPORTUNITY THE FIRST TIME WE OFFERED YOU A REFUND (3 DAYS AFTER YOU MADE YOUR DEPOSIT). I TOLD YOU I THOUGHT YOU'D BE AN IMPATIENT, IMPULSIVE AND UNSTABLE CUSTOMER BUT YOU SAID NO . - THE NEXT WEEK YOU AND DETECIVE CLUSO GOT TOGETHER AND SCREAMED FOR A REFUND. AFTER 24 HOURS YOU STARTED POSTING CRAP ON THE GOSSIP BOARDS AND YOUR REFUND OPTION WAS TOTALLY ERASED BARRING A LETTER OF APOLOGY.

AT THIS POINT THERE WILL BE NO MORE RESPONSES FROM ME OR ANY REP OF MY COMAPNY.

TAMMY, YOU WHERE BLOCKED BECAUSE OF THE PROFANE AND THREATENING LANGUAGE YOU USED IN YOUR VOICE MAILS. WE STILL HAVE THE VOICE MAILS - FYI

• Ta
      21st of Sep, 2007

To Vendsmart: I was praying for that refound to come true although I knew it wasn't probable with everything a had found on the net connecting Vendsmart to Jim Ellis to VendingDreams (I printed the whois of your website august 24th 2007, still have it) that indicates Jim Ellis as the Organisation Name of your site ,Creation Date of the site 2007-05-04. And the address of Jim Ellis with a search...And the address of your local landline with a search...I see that you went and changed the info..To late!

I keeped this information for myself at the time hoping that, thanking you for your understanding in my choice of preferring that refound you had offerred me (when you threatened to cancel my contract because I wanted prouf that I could still trust you). I still have that email also...

Then you BLOCKED my phone, rigth after telling me you where waiting for confirmation of the fax you where sending me with the info of the finalised wire transfert of the refund. Several hours later , I sent you my special thoughts by email. The only upset voicemail that you got from me was 8 days earlier when you where not answering nor returning our phone calls. I had been waiting from Sunday until Thursday for a phone call from your team of locators ( 5 guys) that had supposedly arrived in Montreal on Sunday morning and would be ready to meet Pierre and myself on Monday morning. Every day I waited. By Thursday afternoon I was upset, left you a message that I would denounce your behavior and you called back to give me all your lies. Maybe if you sent us back our money... someone would beleive you are capable of good.

• Ve
      22nd of Sep, 2007

Wrong Tammy - I will respond one last time. WRONG. Once again he was the seller of the domains so until full ownership was transferred and verified by ICANN then it showed the old owners name - that's why it's changed now - because ownership finally was verified under it's rightful owner - me.

The number is not a landline. It's a virtual PBX number assigned as one of 25 numbers registered to a LUCENT phone switch. You did not operate above board and where dishonest. You and your partner had "hidden agendas" as you felt you could simply use our services behind our back and get a refund on top of it. I'm not a fool. Ron, as I said is coming up to help and I even posted his phone number for all to call as proof as well. Oh, and by the way I'm going to ask my happy existing customers to post more to let people know that you aren't the authority on how VendSmart does business. They will also post there phone numbers in some cases as well to show they are real people. Of course, Tammy, everything you and Pierre say is so absolute. I even admitted we where backlogged in some areas and said that I am working hard to correct the problem. However, you and Pierre, as far as your concerned have done absolutely nothing wrong - you cannot admit fault or responsibility for a poorly handled situation.

If all my customers posted garbage when something went wrong or was delayed then I'd have 1000's of postings. Yes, no deadline or project goes perfectly. But fortunately some people are mature enough and stable enough to handle it without resorting (at the blink of an eye) to your tactics.

BEWARE OF THE LOUD FINGER POINTERS WHO TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IN THERE ACTIONS AND PLACE ALL BLAME ON OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Je
      22nd of Sep, 2007

This is for Dave. He's helped me tremendously after APS never completed my job. Dave took 3 weeks longer than agreed on but I didn't trash him. When my locater got here the job was done well and even though it wasn't perfect I will use him again.

Shame on you cowards. I will post this everywhere I can and if somebody wants to call me DO SO 'cause I'm real as they get!

JEANNIE - 812-962-3964

• Lj
      3rd of Jan, 2008

I was referred to David Addision's at VendSmart from DVDNow to place my DVD Rental Vending Machines, only to have David Addison keep my deposit without rendering any services as well.

VendSmart provides great paperwork and literature describing their services along with sign-off papers in which they will not collect the balance until you sign-off that all services have met with your satisfaction.

Yet, no services are provided and they keep your deposit. They do not return emails or phone calls, no matter how polite or impolite you are. I have been trying for well over 4 months.

When I mentioned this to DVDNow, they didn't seem surprised, mentioned distributors they have referred had met the same fate, and they have no been able to make direct contact either. Huh?

• De
      8th of Jan, 2008

I am having similar problems with Vendsmart...took my deposit and have performed no services. I have been asking for a refund for 3 weeks. I am told that DVDNOW know longer is recommending them. I am not sure if that is true. Has anyone sued to get their money back???

• Al
      12th of Jan, 2008

In 2005, I bought 51 vending candy machines from vending dream, everything was fine at that time except the locations for all of my machines to be placed. They sent locators in our area where they were going to place my machines, but two of the locators are liars. They said that the business owners agreed to place my machines,but when I brought my machines in their store or place,they told me that they never agreed to place my machines. So, some of my machines were placed but most them were not placed. I contacted the vending dream company immediately to complaint about those bad locators they sent. They called the locators to fix the problems, but the locators never called me again. I lost my money for the locations of my machines,plus my money for my 51 machines. So far Only seven machines are still in place out of 51 machines. My advice for all those people who plan to buy machines, Please do not try to buy the vending machines, it will just give you a tremendous headache,also you will experience an embarrassing situation like,the business owner will call you to remove your machines. I do not recommend vending machine to be your business. Find something else that you know that it will not give you problems. One more thing, do not believe those people that the vending machines are a good business, maybe a few of them are good but not the vending candy machines that I bought. I hope that the vending dreams company has my files and remember what they did to me. I truly made this comment and I will challenge the comments of others to try telling lies to convince people. Once they got you especially your money, they will never be nice to you and you can not find them anymore. alberto from milpitas, california

• Co
      14th of Jan, 2008

I dealt with Vendsmart as well as with David Addison. David was friendly initially and available by phone and then all the all the sudden completely unavailable by phone. Needless to say, David never did come to my city and help me with locations for a card distributorship. He dropped off the face of the earth as well as the scammers at Premier Cards did!

• De
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Due to the level of complaints there is now a group considering a class action against Vendsmart. This is unfortunately a real issue.

• Ba
      13th of Nov, 2011

I'm sure it has already been noticed... All of the above counter complaints from "real" people like "jeannie" are all on the same day and had the same two paragraph rebuttle. Any one ever try to call Jeannie? Word of mouth just saved me some $. Thank you for sharing your opinions. Good luck and please sue the pants off this douche!

• En
      13th of Nov, 2011

three and a half years later...well done backfire... you're a smart cookie