Velvet Chair Salon & Spa / Incorrect charges!

1 7021 Maple St.Omaha, United States Review updated:
Phone: 402.991.4642

I was charged incorrectly by this spa when I had a spa party here for my wedding. After emailing and calling several times... I finally got a detailed bill... I went through it and found the incorrect charges... even had proof from their website and this is how the owner responded to me:

Avesta,

For the last time, everything that i sent to you on the spreadsheet is what we discussed prior to you putting 1/2 down for the services. I have no reason to try and cheat you out of a few measly dollars. You wanted the body ex foliating treatment WITH the hydrotherapy bath soak afterwards, there is a price difference dear. I stated that when we first spoke. I also verbally told you the airbrush tan was $50 each. Maybe with all the confusion of your wedding plans, you forgot all that we discussed.

I apologize if you overspent your husbands credit card limit he allowed for you. Please be sure to check with him and give him a total before the next time you plan a party. Can you believe how sketchy this is? even with proof on her website she says she "verbally" quoted me a higher price... I mean come on... this is such a scam and this place really is horrible... and don't even bother if they do charge you right bc it is not a spa... it is in a sketchy mini strip mall and you even have to go find your own glass of water. I am going to dispute my credit card charges so I hope she has fun trying to convince them of a so-called "verbal agreement".

Av

Comments

• Va
      18th of Mar, 2008

I was there at the spa that day with the woman who put in this complaint. the spa was unorganized, the girls were tired and they did not have a clue as to how to put the party together. we were frantic and trying to figure things out and they just did not help. I also went on the website to confirm Avesta's complaint and yes, the prices they charged her and us were higher than what their website says. and the director's responsed to my friend have been rude and childish and unprofessional. as far as to say "next time you spend your husband's credit card, ask him if it's ok" something like that. very rude and very unacceptable. plus this place is dirty. it is being "renovated" and you have to walk outside to go from one area to another. they never brought us water or anything to drink. it is not a spa. it is not nice. and the waterfall is something you'd have in the corner of your garden. it is no show-stopper. the mini mall it is in is also not nice. not a nice area. don't pay to go here. there are a lot of nice salons in Omaha. don't support bad business people.

• Va
      18th of Mar, 2008

Rude owner! Rip-off. Check your bill compared to the prices they have listed.

• Al
      25th of Aug, 2008

I went to this spa, and it is BEAUTIFUL on the inside!!! I think they have pictures posted somewhere on the internet, try, yahoo or google. That's how i found them! The services I had were the Facial, Massage and Pedicure and I was in heaven! Seems from the above post, there was some confusion and the person in charge did try to handle it, oh well, no problems for me and i WILL tell other people to check it out! Non-pretentious and great staff.

Alex.