Velocity Products / Beware the &Satisfaction Guaranteed& promise of Velocity Products

1 890-F Atlanta StreetRoswell, GA, United States Review updated:

Before you buy anything from Velocity Products Inc. of Roswell, GA, make sure you read the fine print hidden behind their customer satisfaction and 30 day money back guarantees.

Or, better yet, don't buy anything from them that you aren't 100% sure you plan to keep!

I was lured into making an impulse purchase by those sweet-sounding guarantees. After a couple weeks, I decided I didn't really need to spend $230 on that stuff and returned the shipment unopened, untouched, via UPS.

I expected to pay a re-stocking fee. I did not expect to be hit with an almost $60 penalty for returning merchandise in brand-new condition!

There were 2 items in the box - in their original containers - I never opened the box! I wrote to the help desk and appealed for a reasonable settlement. I requested they return the amount of the fee exceeding $30, which I consider to be a reasonable re-stocking fee for 2 items. Does anyone really think it costs this company nearly $60 to unwrap a small box and return 2 items to the shelf?

Needless to say, I got nothing out of them.

How do you like this customer-relations jewel (from their website)???

"If you receive a defective item that you no longer want, we will take it back less our standard 25% restocking fee. In addition, we do not refund shipping costs. We realize that you did not place your order expecting to receive a defective item, however receiving a defective item does occur on occasion no matter the industry or vendor. We require the opportunity to make your purchase right by allowing us to replace your defective item. Or, we must treat your return as we do any item returned."

The only way to stop this rip-off of the customer is to boycott this business!

Va

Comments

Pi
  19th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I've also returned an item, a Streetwise Expandable Stun Baton, to Velocity Products but my item was defective. It never worked out of the box and after holding it in my hands it was a very very cheaply made stun baton that in no way was going to do anything but break the first time I had to hit someone with it.

After several phone calls I finally got a call back saying that I could return my item but there is a 25% restocking fee AND I have to pay for return shipping!! What kind of company makes you pay for shipping a defective product and then makes you pay to send it back??? All they would say about that is that is the policy blah blah blah. I've never delt with any company as horrible as this. I paid almost $8 to send the baton back and just want my money back. After nearly 3 weeks of having returned the item, and several more phone calls, they finally refunded my money. I paid about $45 for this baton + another $8 to send it back and I was refunded about $25.00 after their obscene return policy restocking fee and of course they didn't refund any of the shipping for their defective item.

I very much agree with Kerry Anderson, stay as far away from this company as you can.

Va
  24th of Jun, 2009

DO NOT BUY FROM VELOCITY PRODUCTS! I received a defective neon sign, they sent me a new base, didn't work either so I sent back the JUNK for a full refund. They only refunded me the original price of item, not 9.95 shipping or the 9.95 it took me to send both back and 1.31 to received a refund via paypal. The "manager" had no customer service skills what so ever-DEAD FISH-probably a generational thing! SAVE your money!

Ve
  23rd of Aug, 2010

VELOCITY PRODUCTS SUCKS! I ordered a stun gun from them and it arrive 2 and a half weeks later than what it should've. Customer Service said it was due to asian customs tying up their shipment.

When it arrived it barely worked. By barely I mean that the LED light worked randomly and the stun stunningly did not work.

After I called them again they said to return it and they will replace it. So I had to pay for shipping and handling again.

I finally recieved it today and the stun and the light works but they didn't send the A/C adapter to charge the stun gun with. As soon as I use up the "juice" thats left that's it.

DO NOT BUY FROM VELOCITY PRODUCTS!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Je
  13th of Jan, 2011

i have called and called to talk to someone about my order i had ordered i has not received it yet . i have called and called and no one answers the phone it also been about a week now .i only 8 hours frm alanta why i had not receive my order yet.

Je
  13th of Jan, 2011

ive been waiting on my order to come its been about a week now im only 8 hours from georgia where they warehouse is yet i have called and called no one retrns the call. and if you pull the order up it just show you what you ordered it dont tell you when you will receive it or not. you cant even track it. i would just like to know whats going on and if you leave messages or emaiil them all they say we will get back with you in 24 hours and they dont all they respond and say is we got your email

La
  25th of Mar, 2011

I ORDERED A CELLPHONE STYLE STUN GUN & IT IS DEFECTIVE. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. I REALLY WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Ve
  29th of Jul, 2013
Velocity Products - False Advertising
CBeyond
Georgia

We've contacted CBeyond multiple times due to our dissatisfaction with the speed of our internet compared to what we are paying for. We have received unsatisfactory customer support regarding our service and the speeds of the internet being extremely slow.

Et
  19th of Feb, 2016

This seems to be a pattern in the US right now, brickhouse security out of new york city claim they have a warehouse, 2 day shipping etc.They don't have either they get yhier non working juk from skyline usa in florida run by convicted crimininal shabbir sheikh.BEWARE OF ALL ONLINE SHOPPING.

Do
  3rd of Jun, 2016

Velocity Products is so unprofessional..they take zero responsibility for their products

STAY AWAY!!!