Velocity Fulfilllment / Scam and cheating

On December 27, 2007 I purchased an OCZ Memory Stick at Canada Computers. The sales associate advised me that there was a special rebate of $30. I mailed it on January 3, 2008. I was advised to expect a rebate in March 2008. After not receiving one in May 2008 I logged onto http://www.status-now.com and was advised to contact [protected] if I have not received my rebate. I called the contact center and they said that they would reissue a new one but that it would take another 10 weeks at least. I called again on December 3, 2008 and Vanessa advised me that they no longer had a contract to process rebates for this company and referred me to OCZ. OCZ in turn referred me back to the original rebate company. This went on for three calls back and forth. Their stance kept changing from: they no longer process these rebates, to it was too long ago, to I sent it late (untrue), to they are not allowed to speak to me as I'm not their customer. A call to Canada Computers where I purchased the item and where they gave me the rebate form with the Canada Computer rebate address referred me back to the rebate center. I wish to have my $30 reimbursed as promised.

Comments

• La
      4th of Nov, 2011
    Velocity Fulfilllment - I wish to have my $30 reimbursed as promised
    Velocity Fulfilllment

I purchased an OCZ Memory Stick at Canada Computers. The sales associate advised me that there was a special rebate of $30. I mailed it on January 3, 2008. I was advised to expect a rebate in March 2008. After not receiving one in May 2008 I logged onto http://www.status-now.com and was advised to contact 1-800-953-3098 if I have not received my rebate. I called the contact center and they said that they would reissue a new one but that it would take another 10 weeks at least. I called again on December 3, 2008 and Vanessa advised me that they no longer had a contract to process rebates for this company and referred me to OCZ. OCZ in turn referred me back to the original rebate company. This went on for three calls back and forth. Their stance kept changing from: they no longer process these rebates, to it was too long ago, to I sent it late (untrue), to they are not allowed to speak to me as I'm not their customer. A call to Canada Computers where I purchased the item and where they gave me the rebate form with the Canada Computer rebate address referred me back to the rebate center. I wish to have my $30 reimbursed as promised.