Velo News / Non-delivery & Refusal to Issue Refund

1830 N. 55th StreetBoulder, CO, United States
Phone: 303-440-0601

Placed a 2-for-1 subscription order on December 2007. Due to technical problems, the system "lost" repeated orders and a manual one had to be placed by Customer Service on February 2008. Repeated billing issues resulted in payment not credited and inaccurate invoices inconsistent with account. Problem fixed in May, and payment made on June. First - and ONLY -issue arrived on July 2. After numerous e-mails to Customer Services were ignored, and after several frustrating calls, I requested my order to be canceled and a full refund. Velo News responded by reactivating the order. When I reiterated my desire to cancel the order, I was promised a refund within 10 days. Two weeks later, I was told 1-2 weeks. Two more weeks went by, and no refund. I was told it would take another 6-8 weeks. When I protested, I was asked to provide a credit card number to issue the refund. Nothing happened. Called back two weeks later, told "any day now." Two more weeks went by, Velo News claimed refund issued to credit card a month earlier. Promised to follow up, never did. Complaints filed with Better Business Bureau and Federal Trade Commission.
Mk