Vegplay.net / Made unauthorized deduction

United States Review updated:

Vegplay.net made unauthorized deduction in the amount of $29.95. I have never used this contact for any services. I would like to be reimbursed for the funds deducted from my checking account. This is fraud and should be reported to the Attorney General.

Cm
Mar 17, 2013

Comments

• Ro
      Dec 28, 2013

I had the same experience. I was trying to purchase an e-book and landed on this site. I do recall that your registration mention explicitly that you will not charge anything to my card and you only need that for your very safe records. I think this should be reported and action must be taken also against the initial site that sells e-books. http://www.free-ebooks.net As more people had this experience I urge you to take a good look at the way you do business. I looked you up on Google when I received the notification from my bank and there are a number of complaints against your business deals. If you are an honest company you should make a point of changing your policies. I certainly would like to have my money back without delay. Meanwhile I will contact my bank to try and reject your charges on my credit card. I also cancelled my so called premium membership??? I signed up for a book, good heavens!! I will be on the lookout for this site in future and also warn everybody on my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

Jan 18, 2014

I do not know or I do not recall having any business with Vegplay.net but my account has been regularly debited in favour of VEGPLAY_NET 1-877-7470005GBR by Euro 42.54 since the last four months. Since I did not purchase anything from your Company nor do I have anything ongoing I would like to receive my money back. Sum drawn from my account every months without my consent amounts to Euro 212.70

• Cn
      Jan 25, 2014

On 9/01/2013 I paid $20.00 for a Lifetime V.I.P. membership with http://www.free-ebooks.net ( A K A ) Paradise Publishers However, I had unauthorized charges to my debit card even though when the process for free books to which I am entitled, transferred to Amazon website and the Kindle edition was still listed as free when I download my " free ebook", I removed my card from my Amazon website and got a new one, after that Paradise Publishers who issued my invoice receipt on their letter head, would not acknowledge my payment and purchase of the Lifetime V.I.P. membership with unlimited downloads stating as their reason that PayPal had not notified them of my payment so I was reduced to a standard account status and limited to five downloads per month. After Paradise Publishers finally acknowledged my purchase and payment, I still have not been awarded the privileges I paid for with the lifetime V.I.P. membership, sometimes I am blocked from the website, I updated my email address to the address used when I made the purchased but that update has not been acknowledged by this time.

• Cn
      Jan 25, 2014

On 9/01/2013 I purchased and paid $20.00 for a VIP Lifetime membership which included unlimited ebooks downloads from free-ebooks.net ( A.K.A. ) Paradise Publishers. I received an invoice acknowledging my purchase and receipt of my payment through my Paypal transaction. However, since that time some of my attempts to use the free-ebooks.net website ( A.K.A.) Paradise Publishers have been blocked, I have been told repeatedly to up grade my membership to a lifetime membership, my account status shows as standard on free-ebooks.net website which is limited to five downloads per month. I have had unauthorized charges to my card made by Amazon, part of the download process with free-ebooks.net is you are redirected to the Amazon website to download the books and you must make sure once you are directed to the Amazon website you must make sure the book is still listed as Kindle Edition free which is what I always do, After I complained to Amazon I was refunded only part of the money that was taken and on the same day they made the refund, they again made unauthorized charges to my card. I have since then removed my card number from Amazon website and had my bank yo reissue me a new card. Free-ebooks.net finally acknowledged my purchase and payment but, they have not changed my status on their website and continue to suggest through the website that I purchase a lifetime membership which I have already done. Some of my emails have not been acknowledged.

• Pa
      Mar 24, 2014

I to had unauthorised deductions from my debit card. I had to cancel the card and the bank managed to get a refund. This site is a scam and should be shut down and prosecuted.

• Pr
      Apr 08, 2014

These guys are a total RIP OFF!! They charged me $34.95 and $0.27 before Visa caught them and froze my account before they could send through any more charges, which they tried a number of other charges that were not allowed by my Credit Union and VISA was outstanding at stopping their outright theft!
    The Credit Union made a stop payment to VISA and they say they will get my money back for me and have flagged them in their computers so they cannot charge anyone anything until they resolve all the outstanding complaints, like mine.
    My Credit Union also generated a Cardholder Report Affidavit of Fraudulent Transactions for my local Police Department, who tell me in my state that it is a felony to do this and if arrested anywhere they will be no bond until they are extradited to my State and City to be prosecuted. I for one hope they get stopped for speeding or something only to find out they are in for a long legal fight and an unscheduled visit to my state and city for prosecution.
    Well, be careful whom you deal with online as there are still a lot of legitimate looking companies, who like VegPlay or whatever name they are currently using, so be careful!!
    Thanks for your time as mine was interrupted by their theft, I had to go to my credit union and get my card cancelled and replaced in order to function like any other normal honest person.
    Follow my advice and file charges with your card issuer and local police and let's bring these criminals to justice.

• Un
      Jan 04, 2015

this website is a scam! i signed up for a free 5 day trial and was charged $20.95. I had to ring an overseas number to cancel and when i enquired about the charges and said when i signed up it said there would be no charge to my credit card and that the credit card number was just for verification i was told that an email was sent telling me if i didn't cancel within 5 days i would be signed up to a premium account. vegplay i hate you! i hope you burn in hell!

• Li
      Feb 03, 2015

this is the first time happen to me. i sign up for download movie 5 day free trail. but i never use it, but i got deduct from my bank account.
    this is crime.

• Ge
      Feb 10, 2015

This is such a scam website, I wonder why they are still existent, who has the power to shut them down?

• Si
      May 18, 2015

It's not just e-books these people are targeting, it is videos as well. This morning I was attempting to watch a video online, which dozens (if not hundreds or thousands) of websites offer for free. When I clicked "play" it took me to a thing that said I needed to install java and adobe (which I already have). I thought it was an update, it looked legit, but the publisher was NOT adobe or java but something unrecognizable, so I cancelled the download and deleted it without opening or running it. I went to several sites to try to watch my video, finally thought I had found one that would work, and then when I clicked "play" it took me to the website and said that I would have to sign up for a free account with vegplay in order to be allowed to watch the free video. The page specifically said that they only needed the credit card info to verify the country of residence...it explained that they can only allow people in certain countries to watch videos and this was just for that, that there would NEVER be any charges unless I choose to upgrade or make a purchase, etc. I called the phone number on the page. Phone rep with heavy accent said there would be a charge in five days, that this is just a 5 day free trial (which is definitely NOT what the website says) so I hung up on her without providing any of my personal financial information. Vegplay is criminal. Buyer beware. If you don't want them to charge you, don't give them your credit card info. A simple toll-free call (to 1-877-747-0005) and a very brief conversation with a live human which took less than 3 minutes of my time quickly revealed that this company is NOT legitimate and should NEVER be dealt with or given any information at all. My heart goes out to those who lost days or weeks of their lives fighting to get their money back, cancelling and replacing cards, dealing with the cops and courts and filing criminal charges. Please please please use the internet responsibly and take a moment or two to VERIFY who it is you are handing your credit card over to. It used to be only the elderly who fell for scams like these because of their lack of familiarity with computers. Why are so many people who routinely transact business online (ordering e-books from amazon and so forth) so willing to give their financial data to strangers on the internet. Really? Is that what we as a society have become, a bunch of gullible and naively trusting fools??? I wholeheartedly agree that this criminal website must be shut down for violating the law...but I also think that the people who are willingly enabling these criminals by handing over their data (which finances the criminal endeavors) ought to LEARN from this...you were made an accomplice to a felony without your knowledge. When the law goes digging in to shut this down, do you really think they'll believe you are a victim rather than an accomplice? I don't know about the legal systems of other countries, but I'm VERY familiar with the legal system here in America...which really bears no resemblance to what the majority of Americans believe it to be about. Our legal system here is broken, corrupt, and counter-productive, and routinely prosecutes the VICTIMS. No one in America will shut this site down...it is operating in accordance with American corporate values (i.e. people are insignificant and should be disregarded, as profit is the ONLY priority that our corporations have.) Not proud to be an American...pretty disgusted by it, once I learned the difference between truth and propaganda.

• Si
      May 18, 2015

Found out why they haven't been shut down, and why no one will. It's spelled out very clearly in the terms of service that they can do this (and anything else they feel like)...and since you have to agree to the terms of service, no crime has been committed, nor even any scam. Legally, the "victims" of this company aren't victims at all, since they gave permission for vegplay to do this to them.

• Be
      May 05, 2016

Vegplay.net made unauthorized deduction in the amount of USD$29.95. I have never used this contact for any services. I would like to be reimbursed for the funds deducted from my checking account. This is fraud and action must be taken to stop such dishonesty and trickery.