VCA Animal Hospitals / dog died after operation
Do NOT go to this place. They are definitely for-profit, greedy folks who do not care about the outcome of the treatment they provide. I wish we would never become their customers in a first place.
Our eight year old Scottish terrier started to limp and we took him to this hospital. Dr. Averill suggested a simple X-ray test of his leg. During X-ray procedure our dog was hurt so much by Dr.Averill that he could not step on the foot anymore. Then we were told that he needs an operation because now the ligament was torn completely. We agreed again. In a conversation about complications of operation we were never told about dangers of anesthesia. Dr.Kenney performed an operation. Our dog died 4 weeks after operation due to the massive liver failure caused by anesthesia. We didn't get any support from the hospital: they right away referred us to the emergency care. Doctors told us that our dog liver was probably not normal from the start. However, he never was diagnosed in this hospital with liver disease and all his blood tests were showing normal levels of liver enzymes before operation.
We are absolutely devastated: we lost the best friend.
We will never come back to this place and will make sure no one else does.
More VCA Animal Hospitals Complaints & Reviews
- VCA Animal Hospital - suspected veterinary malpractice 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - money hungry business who do not care about the welfare of your pet! 
- VCA Animal Hospital - expense/service 
- VCA Animal Hospital - it's only about money
- VCA Animal Hospital - vca wants your money! 
- VCA Animal Hospital - stay away 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - doctor guessed my puppy's diagnosis
- VCA Animal Hospitals - deception
- VCA Animal Hospital - performed unnecessary surgery on my dog 
- VCA Animal Hospitals - gross negligence