vbl*funweb profits / unauthorized transaction

1 FL, US Review updated:

see an ad about working for google, read it and thought this would be my big break for a job, only to receive an confimation email from alternative funding that my card will be charged 29 dollars after 5 days of trial, i immediately cancelled the programme only to find out that vbl*funweb profits charge me .97 on he 8-6-09 and then charge me another 69.97 on [protected]. i clled customer service for alternative funding which asure me that they did not charge my account because i cancelled same day. i immediately called my bank to let them know that i do not know about this transaction.
be aware of companies who wanted to provide jobs online because they are scams the
the telephone number [protected]

Comments

• Dm
      Sep 05, 2009

I had the exact same horrible experience. I clicked on their FunWebProfits ad (something which I will never do again) and agreed to purchase a training guide for $1.99. Low risk -- figured I would check it out. Actual charge that came through was $1.47. But what I really object to is the $69.97 charge for WebMoney training. I never asked for this or authorized this. This VBL and FunWebProfits outfit is a low-life company that lies, steals and uses misleading advertising. I am going to send/post as MANY NEGATIVE blogs as I can about this company. I want my money back. This is stealing. Shame on me for agreeing to the $1.47 charge but I never, ever agreed or authorized the $69.97 charge. This is an unauthorized transaction! Beware of VBL and Funwebprofits and webmoneytraining.com. My web search investigation shows that they are somehow related to another company called Alternative Funding. They are all scammers. There are many posts about them being devious and misleading. Watch out!!!

• Cr
      Sep 25, 2009

These are very reputable company that can help just about anyone start easily making money using the internet. Many people have found the programs to be really easy to use, allowing them to begin working from home and earning a steady income.

All required product offer information can always be found clearly presented before you enter any methods of payment for the product or service that you are ordering. This provides access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as the customer service information for both the product you are ordering and any companion program(s) that may accompany it.

For your convenience, the program you signed up with sends an order confirmation or welcome email when you place an order. The email you receive provides complete details for your account, such as steps, websites, username/passwords, and billing information. Upon request, the welcome email message can always be re-sent.

When you place an order for a risk-free trial with the service, you receive a free trial period to the membership websites. You will always receive the order confirmation and or welcome emails the day you submit your order. If you submit an order and you have not received any email messages in a timely fashion, then you should contact customer support immediately.

When you're in the process of signing up online, the Terms and Conditions for the offer can always be found on the website page where you are placing your order. This is a strict requirement by all payment processors, and all companies do try their best to have terms presented clearly for the consumer to read. There are also clickable links to the full Terms & Conditions which can always be found on every website page where you place an order.

It's very wise to take your time when surfing online and signing up for offers. You can avoid a lot of frustration when ordering products or services online if you slow down the process of finalizing your order submit. You can become a safer and more responsible consumer by always taking a moment to read the full terms of an offer. At least read the part or sections pertaining to any dollar amounts ($) that are scheduled to be charged towards your account.

Sincerely,

Online Customer Support Team

• Fk
      Oct 08, 2009

The exact same thing happened to us. My husband was told he was paying 3.99 a month for a training packet for an Online business. Only to find out that we were being charged 29.99 a month. He canceled within 10 hours of making the purchase. We received a confirmation email with a cancellation number on it. However, 2 months later, a charge for 29.99 showed up on our card. The number they provided in the email was no longer in service. Luckily, there was a number attached to the charge on the statement. After calling that number for 3 days, we were finally transferred to another department where we were hung up on 2 times before actually speaking to a representative. We worked very hard to get the 29.99 charge taken off of our card. Be aware, these are NOT reputable companies. Reputable companies do not charge hidden fees, they honor their cancellation notices, they honor their cancellation codes, reputable companies have departments that communicate with each other, and they do not hand up on people and threaten them when confronted. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! It is a scam. If you come into contact with them, report the incident to the Attorney General for your state as we have done.

• Ta
      Oct 27, 2009

The same thing happened to me with VBL and FUNWEBPROFITS. I thank you for posting this complaint. Customer service at the company did not have a record of my initial call to cancel the subscription. When you call a first or second or third time, be sure to get a cancellation number and note the representative's name with whom you spoke. I too thought it was a low-risk investment of a couple dollars to read more about their affiliate advertising program. Three months and three unauthorized charges later, it is my credit card company who now has to deal with the dispute.

Please be wary of VBL and FunWebProfits charge on your account. Ask your credit card company to block them once you have cancelled your account.