VBL WebMoney Training / Misleading Advertising & Fraudulent Charges

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I fell for this scam, after reading an article "Google Fortune" on cnn.com. Since CNN posted the article, I thought it was legit.<br />
Google is NOT the company behind this. Instead, it's an outfit called VBL. Once the initial $1.97 (trial offer) posted to my credit card and I saw the vendor name, I immediately called and cancelled (8/21/09). One week later, $69.97 was charged to my credit card. I had to again call to cancel. This time they provided me with a cancellation #--but then I was told that I had to go through a 'resolution' service to receive a credit. Of course, there is no one there to take your call! My bank was good enough to work directly with me in reversing the charges. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY--IT'S FRAUDULENT!

Comments

4th of Sep, 2009

THEY ARE CHARGING MY ACCOUNT AND I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO GET RID OF THEM. DO YOU HAVE A NUMBER I CAN CALL?

4th of Sep, 2009

chocolarico: I neber done dis before, but I am curious to know if dis serbice really workz.

Da post complaining bout da serbice doesn't proof 2 me dis company "who eber day are" aren't legit.

I did call them for questions bout da product since i not cucu 2 buy item from ppl i neber heard of in ma life.

If dis product pertain 2 google, apparently you would hab sign up in google & not anoder site. (cucu!)

Here'z an adbise: """Dont be da fish dat bite da bait""" Inbestigate first, den fall for da scam lol... (If u cucu)

Chocolarico done some research on dis company here iz wat i pick up...

Dere official website is www.webmoneytraining.com
    Tel: 1(800)416-1339

Thank u 4 u time!!! byeee

4th of Sep, 2009

I like 2 add additional comment 2 above message.
    Apparently u agree 2 comply wif serbice; however, i recommend dat u call CCC & hab u card updated 2 different 16 digit, pin, etc. Don't cancel u account doe, cause den dat money aint coming back. ←(cucu)... Continue 2 dispute charge & demand money back!!!

Peepol plz plz plz... if u c a barrel wif 1, 000, 000, 000$ inside, & 200 feet below da ground, & u know u cannot reach it, lol dont jump down for it cause den wat??? Exactly. u r "CUCU"

• St
      5th of Sep, 2009

There is no scam here.

If you cancel your account before the next scheduled billing date, then your account is guaranteed to be canceled out, and no longer be billed. So it is not possible for a customer to be billed again once their account is canceled.

What this customer may have experienced, is the scheduled billing date was most likely the same day or the day before they submitted their cancellation. The transaction may not have been completed 100% by the time they reviewed their bank accnt and called to cancel, because sometimes a credit card transaction could take up to 2-3 days to complete. So the customers billing had already ran the day before they canceled their account, and the very next day after that - the transaction completed. So now the customer thinks they were wrongly billed, which is not the case.

Now, I must apologize for any inconvenience with the WebMoneyTraining customer service you may have received. The Customer Support and Resolution Center have both been overloaded with calls for service and coaching. We're very sorry if you may have experienced irregular hold times and may not have had the level of support that you need.

When you place an order for the service online, you receive a free trial period to the membership websites. The Terms and Conditions for the offer can always be found on the website where you are placing your order. There are also links to the full Terms & Conditions which are a requirement in order to process your credit card. Its always wise to take a moment to read the terms before quickly submitting your order.

The trial period or risk-free period gives you the opportunity to try the service and see the real value of it before you are ever billed for a full service fee. If your not interested in being a member, simply call to cancel or submit your cancellation online to avoid being charged.

All required product information is always presented clearly before you enter any methods of payment for products you are ordering. This provides access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as the customer service information for both the product you ordered and the companion program(s) that accompany it.

For your convenience, WebMoneyTraining also sends a order confirmation email which provides details for your account, such as steps, websites, username/passwords, and billing information. When contacting our customer service department, we're only capable of addressing concerns for this product alone, because we do not have access to any other companies databases and nor do we provide support for other companies. As a courtesy, you receive a recurring billing email message that alerts you to the next scheduled billing and if you choose to cancel before getting billed - the information is readily available for you to do so.

Customer support for WebMoneyTraining can be reached at 1-800-416-1339, 9am to 9pm EST.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly, please email me at crc@csregister.com for instant customer support, I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Online Customer Support Team

• Sh
      7th of Sep, 2009

This company is a scam and I strongly suggest that you don not fall for it! They took out 1.97$ from my account and then 69.97$ from my account on 8/24/2009 and then on 9/8/2009 they took 29.99$ out of my account! WTF! I'm already looking into filing a lawsuit against this company.

• Da
      8th of Sep, 2009

Company is a scam. They took $1.97 (processing fee) out of my account. Then $69.97 and no kits ever arrived via regular mail nor e-mail. Then they charged me another $1.47! Don't fall for it!

9th of Sep, 2009

LOOK EVERYBODY PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEB MONEY TRAINING THING, IT IS FRAUDULENT, I SAW THIS ADVERTISEMENT FOR GOOGLE AND THEY SAID IT WAS SAFE BECAUSE IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH CNN, BUT AFTER SIGNING UP TO RECEIVE T CD, I NEVER GOT A CD I NEVER HAD A CONFIRMATION EMAIL, AND THEN ONE DAY I STARTED TO SEE THIS WEB MONEY TRAINING ON MY ACCOUNT STATEMENT, AND THE TOO THEIR 99 CENTS, BUT THAT WAS NOT IT LATER ON IT CAME BACK AND THEY TOOK 69.00 DOLLARS FROM ME AND I THOUGHT IT WAS MY BANK JUST DOING SOMETHING HOWEVER, BEING SO BUSY WITH WORK I PAYED IT NO MIND. BUT THEN RECENTLY AFTER MAKIN ONLY TWO PURCHASES WITH MY CAR I LOOK AND MY MONEY WAS MISSING AND I CHECKED MY STATEMENT AND IT WAS THIS WEBMONEY TRAINING AGAING, ISAID I HAD TO DO SOMETHING. NOW I WENT TO THE SIGHT TOTOLLY ONAWARE OF THE SERVICES I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR, I WAS NOT USING THEM AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SELLING, I KNEW NOTHING, AND NOW THEY ARE TAKING MY MONEY, NASTY ### CON ARTISTS, BUT THAT IS NOT THE BAD PART AFTER FINDING A TOOL FREE NUMBER AND CALLING IT SOMEONE ANSWERED IT WAS A MACHINE AND THEY SAID A LIVE AGENT WOULD SPEAK TO ME AND THEN I HEAR THE BUSY SIGNAL IN MY EAR, I CALL BACK AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED ON NUMEROUSE OCCASIONS. LOOK PEOPLE THIS IOS A DAMN SCAM AND WEBMONY TRAINING HAS NOT HURD THE END OF IT, I WILL MAKE MORE PEOPLE KNOW.

9th of Sep, 2009

WHY IS THIS STUPID PERSON TELL US TAT WE CAN REACH THAT TOLL FREE NUMBER 1 800 416 1339 WHEN IT DOES NOT WORK

U MOTHER ###ERS AR THEIVES

• Km
      10th of Sep, 2009

THIS VBL WEBTRAINING COMPANY IS A SCAM ...MY HUSBAND USED MY CARD TO PAY FOR 1.97 ON 8/19/09 AND A WEEK LATERON 8/26/09 THEY TAKE 69.97 WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION...MY HUSBAND CALLED TO CANCEL AND THEY GAVE HIM A CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND TOLD HIM THAT IS IS BEING PROCESSED AND TO WAIT 3-5 DAYS FOR THE FUNDS TO BE RETURNED SO WE WAIT ...STILL NOTHING SO WE CALL AGAIN SO SOMEONE NAMED LOUIS TALKS TO US AND SAYS IT WILL BE IN TOMORROW WITCH WAS YESTERDAY 9/9/09 STILL NOTHING WE CALLED BACK TODAY AND NOW THEY SAID THAT YESTERDAY ON THE 9TH IT WAS TAKEN TO THE "CORPORATE" OFFICE AND IT WAS APPROVED ...( WHAT THE %&*# HAPPENED TO ALL THOSE DAYS WE WERE WAITING) SO THEY SAY TO WAIT ANOTHER 3-7 DAYS AND THEY GUARENTEE IT WILL BE BACK ...ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS IF ITS NOT IN THERE IM PURSUING LEGAL ACTONS SO IF ANY ONE ELSE IS INTERESTED MY EMAIL IS KYL_ERON@YAHOO.COM OR IF ANYBODY HAS EVER GOT THIER MONEY BACK LET ME KNOW . I REALLY THINK IM GONNA HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM WITH MY BANK.

• Jy
      11th of Sep, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM. PLEASE STAY OUT OF THIS>
    JYOTI KUMAR

11th of Sep, 2009

This Company is Not a Scam. If you Bunch of ###ing Idiots would read the terms and condition's, then you'll know Why You are Billed 69.97. If you do not canel on or before seven days, thats what ya pay 1.97 for idiots a 7 day TRIAL. IF YOU DO NOTHING, YOU THEN BECOME A MONTHLY MMEMBER, AND THAT IS 69.97 A MONTH. I TRIED THE PROGRAM AND I LOVE IT. I'M STILL A MEMBER AND MAKING THAT MONEY! READ THE TERM'S AND CONDITIONS AND IT ALSO STATES THAT YOU WILL GET A 14 DAY TRIAL FOR ALTERNATIVE FUNDING FOR 1.47 IF YOU DONT CANCEL THAT IS 29.95 A MONTH. I CANCELED THE SERVICE ANS WAS NOT BILLED. I SPOKE WITH SOMEONE IN THE CUSTOMER RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT, WHICH TOOK CARE OF MY CANCELATION FOR THE ALTERNATIVE FUNDING. SO I SAY TO ALL YOU ###ING IDIOT'S OUT THERE WHEN YOU TAKE IT TO YOUR LAYWER MAKE SURE YOU SHOW A COPY OF THE WEB MONEY TRAINING TERM'S AND CONDITION'S. YOUR ATTORNEY WILL TELL YOU HOW STUPID YOU REALLY ARE.

12th of Sep, 2009

lmao just wondering why if you "loved" it so much you went ahead and cancelled it? hm perhaps made way too much money now living on a beach and on your laptop cause your rich and dont need it anymore? lmao either way look at www.bbb.com...yep its a scam!!!

• Un
      18th of Sep, 2009

Unfortunately although this appears to be a fraudulent offer it is not. I have learnt an expensive lesson and hope that I have managed to cancel my membership sufficiently. The only complaint I do have is that they don't fully disclose in the advertisement the fact that the $1.97 was for a 7 day trial. When I read the advertisement it read as if all I needed to pay was the $1.97 for the pack in order to start making money online. As far as I can remember the terms and conditions were not available before signing up to receive the information and therefore I presumed that this was a one-off fee. I am also not happy that it mis-sells itself as a google product which it is not. I have fully read the terms and conditions and it does clearly state that it is a 7 day trial period however I did not have time to read this at the time of registration which is my fault! Unfortunately as I live in England I am not able to phone customer services so as I said before fingers crossed that they have cancelled my membership. I will not be seeking a refund as the terms are clearly stated. The lesson I have learned is to google any company requesting payment for information about how to make money before entering into a contract with them. There are always helpful reviews online to help you to decide!

• Su
      26th of Sep, 2009

This is deceptive and just plain wrong! Any reasonable person would agree. They charged us the 1.97 for their POS product. When the 69.97 hit our account, my husband called to cancel. He held for 45 minutes before being able to talk to anyone. He canceled the account. They sent us a confirmation e-mail saying they would refund our money in 7-14 days. Guess what...no refund and another 29.97 charge hits our account. How do these people sleep at night?!!!

• Cr
      28th of Sep, 2009

Any of the programs mentioned, are not scams.

These are very reputable company that can help just about anyone start easily making money using the internet. Many people have found the programs to be really easy to use, allowing them to begin working from home and earning a steady income.

We apologize for any inconvenience with customer service that you may have received.

We're very sorry if you may have experienced irregular hold times and may not have received the level of support that you needed at the time of your call. Sometimes the Customer Support and Resolution Center will get overloaded with calls for service questions and coaching but online support is always available for your convenience. We ask that you please be patient with your call and if you require immediate assistance or simply wish to cancel, you can always submit your concern via the contact form on the websites customer support page. All concerns submitted online are logged and handled in a timely manner for your satisfaction.

All required product offer information can always be found clearly presented before you enter any methods of payment for the product or service that you are ordering. This provides access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as the customer service information for both the product you are ordering and any companion program(s) that may accompany it.

For your convenience, the program you signed up with sends an order confirmation or welcome email when you place an order. The email you receive provides complete details for your account, such as steps, websites, username/passwords, and billing information. Upon request, the welcome email message can always be re-sent.

When you place an order for a risk-free trial with the service, you receive a free trial period to the membership websites. You will always receive the order confirmation and or welcome emails the day you submit your order. If you submit an order and you have not received any email messages in a timely fashion, then you should contact customer support immediately.

When you're in the process of signing up online, the Terms and Conditions for the offer can always be found on the website page where you are placing your order. This is a strict requirement by all payment processors, and all companies do try their best to have terms presented clearly for the consumer to read. There are also clickable links to the full Terms & Conditions which can always be found on every website page where you place an order.

It's very wise to take your time when surfing online and signing up for offers. You can avoid a lot of frustration when ordering products or services online if you slow down the process of finalizing your order submit. You can become a safer and more responsible consumer by always taking a moment to read the full terms of an offer. At least read the part or sections pertaining to any dollar amounts ($) that are scheduled to be charged towards your account.

After you review the terms and conditions you should make an educated decision as to whether or not you should continue with the offer. Your educated decision should be based upon how important the product is for you to have, how much the product will cost, how comfortable you are with making a payment to cover the costs of this important product that you must have - which may require monthly payments, and whether or not you're fully capable of affording the total cost in the long run. Depending on how much money you have available, without making an educated decision after reviewing the terms, you could end up leaving yourself without enough money for other obligations and needs that you may have.

If you are quickly submitting an order online without fully knowing the most important aspects of the offer, such as dollar amounts and schedule of payments - then you are essentially not caring to read and be knowledgeable to the full extent of the charges & the agreement that you just entered into and have fully authorized with your electronic signature.

The trial period or risk-free period gives you the opportunity to try the service and see the real value of it before you are ever billed for a full service fee. During your trial period, if you're not interested in continuing with your membership to the service, you can simply call to cancel or easily submit your cancellation online. When cancelling during your trial period, you will avoid being charged any full service fees that may be required for the continuation of your membership.

When you cancel your account, you should receive a cancellation confirmation code. If you don't, you should always make sure to request for a confirmation code for your records. At the time your cancellation is submitted, you will also receive a detailed cancellation confirmation email delivered to your email address on file. Once you submitted your cancellation, your account is immediately removed from the system. The programs Customer Support toll-free numbers are found in several places and the hours of operation are from 9am to 8pm EST, every business day, Monday thru Friday.

When contacting the customer service department, we're only capable of addressing concerns for this product alone, because we do not have access to any other companies databases and nor are we capable of providing support for other companies.

As a courtesy, customers receive a recurring billing email message that alerts you to the next scheduled billing and if you choose to cancel before getting billed - the information is readily available for you to do so. For customers who believe they were billed even after they canceled and received their confirmation code. That is not true, because if you cancel your account before the next scheduled billing date, then your account is guaranteed to be canceled, and will no longer be billed. So it is not possible for a customer to be billed again once their account is canceled.

Sometimes a customer may experience a charge on their account after they canceled because the scheduled billing date was most likely the same day or the day before they submitted their cancellation. The transaction may not have been completed 100% by the time they reviewed their bank account and called to cancel, because sometimes a credit card transaction may take up to a maximum of 2-3 days to complete. So the customers billing most likely had already ran the day before they canceled their account, and the very next day after that - the transaction completed. So now the customer thinks they were wrongfully billed, which is not the case. Please understand that there are Negative Consumer databases that are slowly building every day with more and more people who are flagged as negative consumers (ones that do not resolve concerns with customer service, or do not accept company policies and perform chargeback's). You do not want yourself to be placed on a database like this, as it could potentially damage your reputation and possibly your credit or "purchasing power", in which you will be identified as a customer that company's do not want to do business with.

When a consumer signs up for a product online and is unsatisfied with the service received. There are a few steps that should always be followed before ever making an attempt to contact a bank or credit card company and having a charge reversed.

Here is an important checklist that all smart and responsible consumers should follow:

1. Place a telephone call to the merchant's customer service line. If you can't find one, you can always try GetHuman.com or seek out additional forms of support such as a company like CSRegister.com, which may be help you resolve concerns that you may have with a company.

2. Visit the company's website and use the online forms of contact that are made available, whether that's a customer support contact form, a live agent, or simply an Email address listed which you can send a message to. 3. Be prompt. Make the initial call or email immediately. Follow up on any requests from customer service.

4. Once contact has been made with customer service, make sure you find out the company's cancellation policy and refund policy. If you're seeking a refund, make sure you confirm your eligibility as you may not be eligible for a refund if a certain amount of time has elapsed since your product was ordered.

5. If you have made contact with customer service and you are canceling an account, make sure to have the agent confirm your request with a cancellation confirmation code. If you make claim and request for a refund, and a refund is available, make sure you get specific dates and times of when a refund is to be expected. Typically companies will have a 7-14 day maximum refund expectancy, which is normal. If a refund is extremely important for you to have immediately and you feel that you are owed the refund ASAP for an inconvenience received, make sure to express this and seek for a manager's help in expediting a refund.

6. Keep copies of all emails and confirmations.

7. Get the name and contact information of your customer service representative, in case you may need to contact them again.

8. If necessary, ask to speak to the person's immediate supervisor for further assistance.

9. Above all, don't lose your cool! Keep calm and sincerely work toward an equitable resolution.

If you are a customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly, please email crc@csregister.com for instant customer support, we will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    steve

• Ve
      29th of Sep, 2009

I would just like to update my last posted message 10 days ago as I have successfully cancelled both of the services and have even received 90% of my money back. It is really easy to cancel both services via email and you get a confirmation email back really quickly. Although not happy about the initial mis-selling of this product I am more than happy about their prompt response and the surprise refund as I had decided not to pursue this. As I said before I live in England so am not able to phone customer services - I didn't need to so thanks to webmoneytraining for reimbursing me!

• Ca
      30th of Sep, 2009

Yes, VBL is pure scam!! I too never received the CD. When I cancelled and asked for a refund I got a cancellation code and a refund code. I was refunded the initial amount but then another charge showed up on my credit card. Now they seem to have no record of the first cancellation even though they refunded the money. They claim no record of the earlier cancellation and want to keep the new charge of $69.97.

The customer resolution center number does work if you have hours to try to get through. Be prepared to submit documentation such as your credit card statement. Not sure that is a good idea!

The recommendations above is what I have followed, and while I may get all of my money back, it has certainly been a hassle. So, if you want to save yourself a whole bunch of hassle, don't order this product in the first place!!

Carol

• Cr
      1st of Oct, 2009

Carol,
    In that case sounds to me that you may have accidentally double clicked the sign up button or signed up on another site at a later date (as some customer seem to do) there for creating 2 accounts, however i do apologize since it the Job of our CRC agents to check for such cases, I hope your issue got solved and if it did not please call CRC back and suggest to them that you may have accidentally created a duplicate account and you will not have to go threw faxing your bank statement.. i hope this helps

• Ro
      8th of Oct, 2009

I just got ripped off also, I was wondering if anyone has brought this to the attention of the FTC (Federal Trade Commission ) and Bureau of Consumer Protection’s . This company needs to pay for what it has done and needs to be prosecuted by law. I need everyone's support in reporting this to the FTC and BCP, or this company is going to keep on operating and ripping off more individuals. Thanks for your support!
    Just go to http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/
    and file a complaint, it's listed on the tab below!

Please help me fight this company! THANK YOU!
    FTC BCP