[Resolved] Vayamaif you need to change flights you are screwed

Back in November, I booked a round-trip flight for my daughter from Boston to Johannesburg for a research expedition for July-August. Months later, she got a job for next school year.. Unfortunately, the training period overlaps with my original trip dates, so I have to change them.
Why will I NEVER use Vayama again? Vayama charges $100 to change itineraries ON TOP of what the airlines charges. PLUS, even though I can go online and get the new itinerary for nearly $500 less than I paid for the original, I must pay $110 more for the "fare increase" because "the airlines won't let us book the less expensive seat class".
So. If I had gone directly through the airlines, the change would have cost $275 (and perhaps less, if they credited the airfare difference). Because I'm using Vayama, the change will cost $485. (Yes I bought travel insurance, but the "cancel for work reasons" only covers current employment, not future, and this policy did not offer "cancel for any reason" as an option. D'oh.)

Gee, thanks, Vayama. Don't worry, I will let my friends know. Friends don't let friends use Vayama.

• Resolution statement

• Vayama Customer Care's Response, Mar 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I have been in contact with you via email and also responded on other sites that you have posted on. I apologise that you are frustrated with the fare rules surrounding your ticket. Fare rules can be restrictive and as an online travel website, we need to follow those rules.

Vayama Customer Feedback

Rl
Mar 23, 2013

Comments

• Rl
      Mar 23, 2013