Vanwise Group Ltd / Second hand van

Dunstable, England, Bedfordshire, GB

I bought a SWB Ford Transit (2013) from this dealership in May 2016. The vehicle developed a fault after few months due to a failure of the part that was incorrectly fitted prior to the sale. Although Vanwise weren’t responsible for the fitting, they failed to notice the incorrect fitting and an oil leak. My vehicle wasn’t therefore ‘as described’ and ‘of a satisfactory quality’ but Vanwise don’t want to hear anything about it. They are extremely unhelpful and dismissive of all my attempts to solve this problem and their service department is trying to imply that the fault is somewhere else.
They also failed to send a reminder of an expired MOT for my vehicle and left me to drive, without an MOT, for over a month. I haven’t been given any MOT paperwork at the time of the sale and as the MOT was meant to be done by Vanwise and ‘free for life’, I didn’t worry about this. When I eventually started to worry and contacted them, the reaction wasn’t apologetic but dismissive and condescending. I haven’t received an apology or any form of compensation for this to date either.
According to their own website and LinkedIn profile they want to retain clients’ business and keep us on the road; they are supposedly ‘the better way to buy’ and commited to deliver low prices. I wouldn’t agree with any of these statements and I wouldn’t recommend this dealership to anybody.

Ha