Vanilla / The customer service lady was rude and pretty much told us that the card was active and she could not help us.

Bought a Visa gift card for 50 dollars for my daughter. She tried to use it but the store would not accept it because it was declined.

Called Vanilla Visa and was told that the card was active and had a balance of 50 dollars.

Tried using it again but the store rejected it.

Called Vanilla Visa again and this time tried to talk to customer service. The customer service lady was rude and pretty much told us that the card was active and she could not help us.

Not sure how to resolve this.

Va

Comments

29th of Jul, 2008

vanilla visa is so cheap i can not buy any thing on the computer

• Mo
      8th of Oct, 2008

I agree! What I learned is: (1) If the PURCHASE amount is HIGHER than the Balance on the Gift Card then it will be denied. (2) If you pay cash for the "Over Amount" to make the "Purchase Amount" EQUAL the balance on th Vanilla Visa, then it will be accepted. (3) HOWEVER, If you make 3 or more attempts to use the Vanilla Visa on the same purchase, and it is denied...then you will get a notification that, "TOO MANY ATTEMPTS WERE MADE - PLEASE USE ALTERNATE TENDER". (4) Internet Purchases - I have only gotten it to work ONCE. (I used the code VANILLA, and was accepted) BUT other times Alpha Characters are not allowed...and NEVER has the numeric code on the back of the card worked for me!

• Va
      3rd of Sep, 2018
    Vanilla - I am complaining about BP credits
    Littlerock
    California

I have been trying to load money on my Backpage credits for the last 4 hours it keeps saying that the system is down and will currently be back in a minute how am I supposed to post if the system is down