Vanderbilt Mortgage / They're calling our neighbours

We're late on our payment & they call our NEIGHBORS & leave our account # & name, trying to get them to have us call back. The only way they could have gotten their #'s is by looking them up online, I assume just by searching for our road name & calling everyone near us. Our neighbours are mad at us that they keep calling, but there's nothing we can do to stop them. Isn't this a breach of confidentiality? I mean, they're harassing our neighbours as much as they are us. We don't have the $$ to pay right now, or we'd call them back! They finally stopped calling my mom because I told her to tell them we didn't live there, she didn't owe them & if they called her again she'd seek legal action for harassment.

Is there anything we can do about this? Anyone else have this kind of experience? On top of this, the double-wide we are paying for is a piece of $h!t!! It's got soooo many problems. We'd have been so much better off building ourselves, but were in a hurry to get into a home. SE Homes have extremely poor quality products!

Va

Comments

• Re
      8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Gi
      17th of Feb, 2009

Vanderbelt went as far as to make threts to my children that they would be there that day to pull their house out from under them and they would be sleeping on the ground where their hose once was. Thay actually called my house and told my minor child these things.
    How are they getting away with this? HOw long is it gonna tak for someone to stop them?
    Our loan as sold to them we did not choose them. Our payments increased by more than $200 a month when they took over the loan.