valumax / unauthorized charges to my credit card

I WAS SCAMMED BY VALUEMAX AND PEOPLE FIND
I NOTICED A COUPLE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES ON MY ACCOUNT FROM A COMPANY CALLED VALUEMAX ON 11-07-2008 AND 12-07-2008. AS SOON AS I NOTICED THESE CHARGES I CALLED THE PHONE # ON MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT WHICH WAS [protected]. I TOLD THEM THESE CHARGES WERE UNAUTHORIZED AND WANTED WHATEVER THIS WAS CANCELED AND MY MONEY CREDITED BACK TO MY CARD. I GOT AN APOLOGY AND WAS TOLD THEY WOULD CANCEL IT AND CREDIT MY ACCOUNT WITH 2 TO 3 DAYS IT HAS BEEN THREE WEEKS. SO I CALLED AGAIN AND SPOKE WITH CLOE AND RAQUEL (ID #154092) I WAS INFORMED THAT IT HAD BEEN CANCELED AND THEY WOULD ONLY REFUND $19.95. NOT THE FULL AMOUNT OF $39.90 AND AGAIN SAID I SHOULD SEE IT WITHIN 2 TO 3 DAYS. I AM REALLY UPSET THAT THEY WILL NOT RETURN THE FULL AMOUNT SINCE THIS WAS AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE. I WONDER IF I WILL RECEIVE ANY REFUND AT ALL SINCE MY FIRST CALL WAS MADE 3 WEEKS AGO. THEY SAID I SIGNED UP FOR IT THROUGH PEOPLE FIND WHEN I WAS LOOKING FOR A RELATIVE. BEWARE WHEN USING YOUR CREDIT CARD ON LINE.
CORENE
PLEASANT GROVE, UTAH

Comments

18th of Nov, 2009

unauthorized charges billed to my credit card...never heard of this company...watch out

• Bm
      25th of Nov, 2009

valumax are a bunch of thieves scamming people out of their money. (merry christmas from valumax, we just scammed you out of 25 bucks oh well your two kids dont need anything.) I hope valumax is shut down and everyone that works there arrested and put in jail. I wish i could meet them face to face! let me know how to get my money back.

• He
      5th of Jan, 2010

I just found months worth of Valumax charges on my credit card. I have used Intelius in the past with no problem and am very much aware of the hook attached to all these "free trial" offers. I never sign up for anything that I'm going to have to remember to cancel later. It is a load of BS that I somehow agreed to some promo offer outside of the immediate search I was doing. I know FOR SURE that I never agreed to anything like a "special promotional" rate. I called Valumax today and really went off on them. At first they only offered to refund the most recent charge, but when I started talking about bringing in my state's Attorney General Office they agreed real quick to refund all charges. This is sleezy beyond belief, especially in times like this. It's even sleezier to try to put the blame for this kind of ripoff back on the victims. I WILL NEVER USE THE INTELIUS SITE AGAIN FOR ANY REASON! NO ONE ELSE SHOULD EITHER IF THEY VALUE THEIR PRIVACY, MONEY AND PEACE OF MIND!!