ValueQuest / No Refund Given

1 United States

I ordered flip flop placecard holders from www.mybeachfavors.com on May 2, 2008 for my May 23, 2008 wedding in Florida. When I had not received any confirmation emails by May 15th, I attempted to contact the company. I called up to 10 times between Thursday and Friday while no one answered. I left several voicemails and emails to their "contact us" email provided on the website. Finally, on May 14th, I received a phone call back from Josef Shinwald, the owner to the company, who told me that the flip flop cardholders had been out-of-stock and that he would ship them. He advised that they would arrive via UPS by Tuesday, May 20, at the latest. On the afternoon of May 20th, when still no package had arrived, I contact Josef at the direct telephone number he gave me. Upon speaking to him, he told me that due to an error, on his end, my order had been shipped to ON, Canada...no where close to MA in the United States! Once again, I advised him that my wedding was on THAT Friday and I needed the items overnighted to me. I told him I would be leaving for Florida the following day. He told me that he had already taken a loss in mailing them via air (to the Canada destination) and that he was not going to overnight me anything. When I told him this was not acceptable and that I demanded that he send me the items overnight, seeing as though I was not at fault, he had the audacity to say the following... verbatim:

"What do you want me to do? Shoot myself? Sorry, I forgot my pistol at home today".

After his obnoxious and utterly revolting comment, during this very trying and stressful situation, I advised him I wanted a refund for the items and that I would be filing a complaint against him for poor customer service and negligence. He abruptly terminated the phone call and then called my cell phone minutes later and left me a voicemail informing that because of my so-called "bad attitude" that he would NOT be refunding me any of my money. I immediately called him back and explained that he was at fault and he would be REQUIRED to refund me my money, as I had not received the goods as paid for. He then told me that he was refunding my money that day, May 21, 2008 and it would be back in my credit account by the next day. It is now June 3, 2008 and there has been NO REFUND issued, nor has he replied to my emails inquiring about it.

My order arrived at my work address, where it should have been sent in the FIRST PLACE, on May 22. They called me in Florida and advised me that the order had been received and that they would overnight the order to my hotel if I chose. I incurred an added expense of having my workplace overnight my package to the hotel.

Buyer Beware, this company doesn't honor it's word. I still demand a refund and will tell as many people as possible not to use this vendor under any circumstances! I've never had an "owner" of a company treat me with such disrespect, insolence and a discourteous manner. I want this Josef Shinwald to acknowledge his mistake and send me a refund for this order from hell!

Va