Value Plus / no website to get $25 gift card

1 P.O. Box 5265Hopkins 553432285, MN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-475-1942

Like the others who have complained, I signed up for a 30-day-trial with a promised reward of a $25 gift card. When I just tried to go to their website to claim mine, I found only a long list of complaint sites about this company. I had also signed up for a similar trial for another product called Fun Source owned by them, which gave the following website to claim their $25 gift card: www.myfunsource.com/open/form/gc and I was able to access that website and download the form to send for the gift card, but whether or not they will actually send one is the question. I will try to cancel both services and hope that they don't charge me.

My subscriber numbers are: #[protected] for Value Plus and
#[protected] for Fun Source.

Do you do anything to help the complaintants or is this just a place to alert other potential subscribers?

Sharon Ward

Comments

• Pa
      1st of Oct, 2006
    Value Plus - Said free gas card did not deliver and kept charging my account

Gass card for 40.00 just call and activate it...Well no place to activate it at and then they keep taking money out of my account and I want it stopped...Total of 14.95 each month....It is a scam and they need to be put out of business...They said it was a Visa credit card offer but they did not get my account number from me....I did not order this and do not want this.

• Do
      20th of Oct, 2006
    Value Plus - Non-existing web site

I was sent 30 day trial membership that included $25.00 gift card for trying, today I attempted to cancel but could not contact at # listed 1-800-475-1942 also could not connect to web site to claim $25.00 gift card. something is very wrong! Called later in the day and made connection thru # 1-800-475-1942 and was told my credit card had not yet been charged and I was still in trial period. Attempted this eve to log on website but no such web site listed ???? I will cancel this [ membership]
    fri- 10-20-06 if it takes all day.

2nd of Mar, 2007
    WC*Value Plus - Money missing

I don't know what charge this is for. I had it turn up on my credit card. Please let me know what it is and how to get rid of it.

• Yo
      18th of May, 2007
    Value Plus - Phone line is always busy

Every time I try to call to leave a message the line is always busy. I have yet to receive a call or any; but they took their deposit out of my account which i want to cancel. They also offered me a 25.00 gift card which i haven't received because their is no website for this type of transaction. All I ask is for the money taken out of my account back, cancel my subscription and everything will be forgotten. They have my info just refund me and all is forgotten.

Please consider this offer without further proceedings!!!

Ms. Yolanda Wright

12th of Jun, 2007

The address is: http://www.valueplusonline/gcform.html
    It isn't very complicated. If the phone is busy you should try calling during different times of the day.

• Ca
      16th of Jul, 2007
    Value Plus - Poor service!

I, too, could not access the www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/gc site. I called to cancel my membership @ 1-800-475-1942 & spoke to a customer service representative & I also asked how to redeem the $25.00 Gift Card. She told me to go to:

www.valueplusonline.comgcform.html

and sure enough, there is a form to download & fill out & send for the $25.00 Gift Card. I have saved this form & will submit it for the Gift Card. We'll see how long that takes. (It is indicated to allow 8 - 10 weeks for receipt of Gift Card) Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas!!! LOL!

You do have to register & create a login & password. Or, you can register using the subscriber number sent in the Welcome Letter.

Hope this is helpful information.

• Ju
      8th of Aug, 2007
    Value Plus - Fraud and cheating!

Ok I called the number to cancel the membership (1800.475.1942) and went to the website (www.programstop.com) and they said that the membership was canceled now what? How do I know that, that has been done? Did some of you guys stop it this way? And if so how did you know it was stopped? You just had to wait till the bank statement came in or what? Anyone fill free to email me @ jmattaway@yahoo.com and let me know what's going on because I can not afford for nothing extra to be coming up out of my bank account.

Beware!

• Li
      24th of Sep, 2007
    Value Plus - This is a rip off - a pure scam!

My Mom is 88 years old. She is in assisted living, on a walker, and very hard of hearing. I handle her finances but she writes her phone bill and discovery card bill which is used for her medicine purchases. Yesterday I discovered a charge on her Discovery bill for $16.95 that she did not what it was. After checking, I discovered she has been paying this for the last 11 months.

It is listed as WC*Value Plus 800-475-1942. I called them and they tell me it is a discount coupon book for dining out. What a rip off. First my Mom has no car, is not mobile, and very seldom eats out. She has received no coupons or a card to us for this service.

Value plus says they will not charge her again and will send me papers to get a refund. I will be a thorn in their side until this is resolved. THIS IS A RIP OFF - A PURE SCAM!!!

• Ji
      30th of Oct, 2007
    Value Plus - Dont know who they are

I was checking my bank account and noticed a 19.05 charge i called and was asked questions looking back probably to add information to the scam whatever it is except to steal money and justify it somehow when i asked what the services are they said discount shopping i demanded my money back after they immediately said we will cancel your membership, i said i never joined your club and they said ill look into getting money back, i am sick and tired of these kind of people, it seems they can scam your money and no one does nothing to stop them there must be someone that overseas these web sites JJS

27th of Nov, 2007
    Value Plus - debited bank account
    Telemarketing
    111 E. 4th st. apt 313
    Hopkinsville
    Kentucky
    Phone: 270 889 9121
    att

Value Plus debited my account for $19.95 and caused an overdraft on my account. I am a social security reciepiant and can only withdraw a limited amount each month. This was did without my knowledge. I cannot contact them online to get a phone number or to cancell my membership.
    James Street7

1st of Feb, 2008
    WC*Value Plus - Money missing
    WC*Value Plus
    Minnesota
    Phone: 800-452-1942

I have unauthorized debits from my bank account by WC*VALUE PLUS-V 800-475-1942, WC*HOMEPLAY-V 800-475-1942 and AMA*HEALTH OPTIONS 855-915-1190. I did not give them my bank card #. They called on my cell phone. It appears they are out of MN.

• Sd
      12th of Feb, 2008
    Value plus - Terrible experience!
    www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/40

I received a letter from Value Plus stating, "as promised, we're giving you$40 in Cash-Back Gas Rebates just for signing up for Value Plus (sm). Log onto www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/40 now to claim yours!" After going to this website, it comes up as an error message or asks the question, are you sure you meant.

Basically, the website doesn't exist. Is this a scam or what. If so, then I should be entitled to the initial premium that they billed my credit for. Please advise smb!

Angry Consumer!

• Va
      4th of Mar, 2008
    Value Plus - Scam charges!
    Phone: 888-833-7279
    www.programstop.com

I looked on line to check the balance on my checking account, and noticed a debit that I did not authorize. This debit was in the amount of $16.95. I am by no means rich, and I cannot afford the amount that they have debited from my account.

It could have very well caused my account to be overdrawn, and a stop needs to be put to these companies.

7th of Apr, 2008
    Value Plus - Withdrawing money unauthorized!
    11100 wayzata blvd suite 680
    Hopkins
    Minnesota
    www.valueplusonline.com

Everyone that has been scammed by these people need to turn them into the fbi to get them shut down from taking money from everyone account emailed them sent me back a email with need to know your membership number. Never gotten a membership number from them been taking out of my account since 12/24/08. Just a question to everyone did anyone else by the h2o mop i think this is where it all started from.

• Ca
      8th of Jun, 2008
    Value Plus - Unauthorized w/d from my credit card
    Phone: 508-222-4914
    www.valueplusonline.com

I noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card of $16.95 by Value Plus. I have no idea who this co. is and I am upset because their charge has put my card over limit causing additional charges!!! I don't know how they got my info! I am calling them first thing in the morning but how do they get away with this? I was looking at many other complaints about the same co. Can't the better business bureau look into this, after all it is there to protect the consumer. But yet many complaints have been filled and nothing is being done. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!!

• Bo
      9th of Jun, 2008
    Value Plus - Fake

This lady called me told me my last name and my first name... and told me my husband's name. I told her that I wasn't interested in anything her company had to offer, and she asked me to confirm that by pushing number 2 on my phone... I did and she said that just for hearing her out, I would get a $40 gas card... WOW! I get in the mail a few weeks later, a letter telling me to claim the card at the e-mail listed and when I went to the email this site came up. Does anyone know how to deal with these people scaming??? The letter tells me to cancel my "membership" or I'll be charged $19.95 every month... they even have my card number??? How are they getting this?

20th of Jun, 2008

i just recived the letter saying to go to the web site www.valueplusonline.com/open/form/40 to get my gas vocher's, they said they would mail them out tonight, that would have to buy 10.00 worth of gas, then send the reciept with the voucher back to them. i also canceled the membership now before it ever got started. hope this help's some one

your's truely jackie

• Lo
      25th of Jun, 2008

I hate scams like this - they better not deduct anything from my account because I will go to the Attorney General's office and lodge an official complaint with them. Is there any way to sue these people so they quit calling and fooling customers.

• Li
      14th of Jul, 2008
    Value Plus - unauthorized charge
    504 juniper
    Katy
    Texas
    Phone: 281-578-2444

I did not request this subscription. It was illegally charged to my credit card. I think this company should be put out of business. It is shameful to charge someone for something they didn't request.

22nd of Jul, 2008

When they first called me, they said it was $1.oo and I would be billed. They offered me something else that I did not want. They said I would get a $25 gift-card from Wal-Mart and a $40 gas rebate.

Two charges of $1. were made against my checking account. I don't know where they got the information.

I will notify my bank of unauthorized withdrawal.