Value max / Unauthorized Charge/LAWSUIT

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I did a reverse cell # lookup through Intellius. Then I started getting monthly charges from Value Max. It was a couple months before I noticed, but I am trying to deal with it now.

I never did business with value max directly, and did not authorize them to charge my account.

Amongst the bevy of complaints I've seen online, I noticed a San Francisco law firm litigating a class-action suit against the company. If you're caught up in the Valuemax scam, please contact the law firm of Girard Gibbs llp, and help them bring Valuemax down. You may get your money back in the process as well. You'll have to answer some questions and provide them with details of the transaction(s).

Be

Comments

• El
      30th of Jun, 2009

I'm in the same boat. I'm a poor college kid scraping by out in Utah. I also ran a reverse cell look-up (via Intellius) and have been charged by "Valuemax" or "Valmax" since April.

These charges have come three times costing $19.95 and once as $39.90 totaling $99.75. <--- An amount no poor college kid or anyone should have to pay. I'm requesting older account transactions from my bank to see if the charging started earlier than April.

I have contacted Girard Gibbs LLC, and have requested more information. (For those who may have not read the Law Suit complaint, Girard Gibbs is a firm out of San Francisco which is filing against this particular fraud.)

I also contacted my bank and informed them of the fraud. If you are subject to this nonsense, I'd suggest you do likewise. I shouldn't be hard for a bank to screen out a fraud once it is identified - and I'm sure I'm not the only one using my bank who has been scammed by Intellius.

Good luck if you're caught in the same mess that I am!

Eli