Value City Furniture / Extended Warranty
Me and my husband purchased a living room set which was comprised of a leather sofa and leather loveseat. It was purchased in 2005, and I was convinced by the salesman to purchase the extended warranty for the fabric protection. He stated that even if a knife was taken to the furniturre, the extended warranty would cover it. However, when I accidentally punctured the leather while cleaning, I was told that the repairs would not be covered. The technician which came out to my home to look at the damage made the hole in the sofa even bigger. He ripped a hole which was about an inch long into a hole that is now about six inches long. And apparently not covered by the insurance which I paid almost $200 for.
When I received the denial letter, I called both Value City Furniture and Stainsafe to find out why the rip was not covered. I was told that the technician reported it as a manufacturer defect. Throughout this process, no one was very helpful, and I am still waiting for a phone call back from the corporate customer service line, 3 days ago. I was told they call back the same business day. The store manager at the Mechanicsburg store, Jeff Kovak, was also very rude and unwilling to help. At one point, he even refused to acknowledge that there was a direct line to the customer service, although it is a long distance number. I had to argue with him, until I finally mentioned that the store manager at the Hagerstown store had informed that there is a long distance number, but he was not allowed to give it out since our account was not at his store. Conviniently, Jeff Kovak took an hour long lunch to avoid talking to me the second time.
My issue is still not resolved, and I have to go through a lot of hoops to get the protection that I paid for when I made my purchase.
Beware of the poor customer service and poor quality of furniture. Not to mention that they will do anything to not have to fix problems even if the appropriate warranty were bought!!
More Value City Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- American Signature Furniture - Overpriced and bad quality furniture! 
- American Signature Furniture - Beautiful stain color 
- Value City Furniture - All kinds of problems 
- American Signature Furniture - DISCOUNTED FURNITURE
- American Signature Furniture - King size mattress 
- American Signature Furniture - coffee table
- American Signature Furniture / Value City Furniture (VCF) - unethical behavior
- American Signature Furniture - circle sofa
- American Signature Furniture / Value City Furniture (VCF) - Mattress/ Sales Person
- Valu City - Poor customer service for my repair needs