Value City Furniture / Never delivered sofa that was paid for in cash

United States Review updated:

I purchased a sofa in March and paid cash for the sofa. I was told that it would be delivered April 24th. Received no call on the 24th but when checked after waiting for delivery that day I was told that there was no delivery scheduled. Went to the store and was told that it was someones mistake at the store and it would be delivered 5/8/2010. Leary about the service I called on 5/7/2010 to check on delivery and was told that the sofa was not scheduled for delivery and it would be May 20th before deliver. I cancelled my order and then was told I would have to wait one week to get my refund.

Comments

• Ea
      May 28, 2012

Value city was to deliver a dinning room set too my home on 5/29/12, the set was purchased on 4/3/12. On 5/28/12 I was told that the dining set will not be delivered until some time in July and that they will came back with a date.
    They customer service person (ANNA) called me by the wrong last name after being told that was not my last name. They did not care or explained to me why it would take that long to deliver the item.

THE WORST SERVICE EVER, FROM THE SELLPERSON AT THE MENTOR, OHIO STORE LOCATION TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS.
    I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM VALUE CITY.

CONTACT INFO: EARL BLEDSOE, NOT MATLOCK. / 216-571-1333