Value City Furniture / Stainsafe is a total rip off!

I purchased a complete living room set: sofa, love seat, oversize chair with ottoman from Value City Furniture in lexington, Ky. In addition they really encourage I spend over $200 for their Stainsafe warranty to GUARANTEE no stains would penetrate he treatment VALUECITY applies to the furniture.

My first stain seemed simple enough. I first tried the kit they gave me with the furniture, but it didn't work so I e-mailed Stainsafe as per directions from Value City. I received NO response after 3 e-mails and called Value City. They put me through via the phone to a rep from Stainsafe who ASSURED me they would have a tech to my house on a specific day last August. The tech never showed, never called, and when I tried to call Stainsafe, i received nothing but recordings.

Last weekend I returned to Value City and talked with their manager. He assured me he would look into the matter. While we stood there, another customer told of his horrendous experience with Stainsafe.

The next day the manager DID call me and his great solution was giving me $200 credit in the store!! I complained that would do NOTHING for my stains and told him their darn Stainsafe was pure BS and I would rather have $200 in SCOTCHGUARD. Of course that was not to be.

A  31st of Jan, 2008 by
I recently purchased a sofa with the stain protection warranty also. Upon pickup, I found out that the stain protection still needed to be applied. Upon questionning this, I found out that the professionally applied stain protection was being done, in the warehouse, while I waited by the warehouse kid who loads and unload the trucks. I was further advised that I would be taking the sofa home wet, and not to sit on it for up to 1 hour while the chemical dried. I talked with the warehouse manager who stated this was their policy for applying the stain protection and the warehouse kid was infact what they considered a "professional in stain protection". I then talked with the store manager and discussed returning this sofa, before the stain protection was applied. But, store policy is there is no return on the stain protection charge whether applied or not, only the sofa. So, by returning it, I would walk out without a sofa, and losing $69.99 plus tax on a chemical which was never applied. Furious by their unacceptable business practice, I took the so called professionally treated sofa home, wet and all, and it currently sits in my garage because the overwhelming smell of the chemical is making us sick, even after four days in the garage! The lesson here...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! YOU BUY CHEAP, YOU GET CHEAP! DONT DO IT!!!!
D  2nd of Jun, 2013 by
It's such a shame that you had such a terrible experience with them. We bought our sofa in May of 2012 with the fabric protection with was an additional $75. 2 months latter we had stains and called uniters (that's who the warranty is through) It was handled quickly and very professionally. They even replaced the cover on the cushion since the ink didn't come out. We just placed another service request with them today and are hopeful for another great customer service experience. I guess my advice would be to contact the company that provides the warranty not VCF.

American Signature Furniture Logo American Signature Furniture