Value Buzz Savings Club / unable to contact web site or phone

Got talked into attending a Vacation Club seminar with the offer of $300 in groceries at my favorite grocery chain. They gave me a card which said go to www.claimyourvisacards.com to register yourself. After I registered they sent me to www.valuebuzz.com. I'm supposed to print a voucher each month for 12 months. Then I mail the voucher in along with $100 of grocery receipts and they are supposed to send me a visa card containing $25. I sent in the voucher with receipts for Jul '09 and I'm still waiting for my visa card. Also, now I can't access their website and their phone is a nonworking number. Who do I report this scam to??? The only company name I could find on the brochure was Incentive International.

More Value Buzz Savings Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I also attended a 90 minute vacation seminar that gave a promise of a $300 grocery voucher. The name of the company is Vacation Network, Inc. They assured me that the certificate for groceries was legit. They said they would not give it out if it was not, as if I was out of line for questioning their integrity. I sent in my July voucher with my origional receipt, and have received nothing as of today's date. I was somewhat hopeful, since on the voucher, it said it could take up to 12 weeks to process, but today I attempted to access the website, and the website is unavailable. I am very disappointed. Vacation Network should not give out such a document unless it is real. In today's time when people are struggling and doing what they can, it's really upsetting that businesses are still continuing to take advantage of consumers.

• Ti
      4th of Aug, 2009

I also did the same thing, but I have been sending in my receipts for 3 months and no sign of any gift card for groceries. I emailed them a month ago and no response. Seems like a scam to me. Let me know if you find out anything.

• Jc
      4th of Aug, 2009

I too sent my receipts for gas back in June. I also sent July's in. Also unable to access website. I sent an email 3 weeks ago but now am doubtful I will hear anything back from them...EVER! Please let me know if you find anything out. I will do the same.

• Da
      4th of Aug, 2009

I think this might be the same company that offered grocery gift cards and they are filing Chapter 11 but the info that was on that page was

Inquiries may be sent to BBZ's new mailing address: PO Box 11000, Mesa AZ 85214-1100.

I'm not sure if that will help with the vacation club voucher or not, but at this point it is worth a try.

• Ct
      4th of Aug, 2009

I'm beginning to think this is a scam also. I sent in July's reciepts before the end of the month and haven't heard anything. I cannot even get to the valuebuzz website. What is going on?
    cthompson

• Az
      4th of Aug, 2009

Similar story here too... Although ours was offered through the contractor that installed Dish Network at our home. We sent our reciepts for July '09, have heard nothing, and now cannot access the website.

• Cr
      4th of Aug, 2009

We were offered a similar deal ($500 in groceries) when we purchased a new clothes dryer from a local company in June. After submitting the July voucher w/receipts (our first one), we didn't get the e-mail verification that's supposed to come. On Aug. 1st, I attempted to download our Aug. voucher and that's when I discovered their website wasn't working...and hasn't been since. After visiting the ClaimYourGroceries.com website where I registered my certificate from, here is the full explanation of the failure of the program:

BBZ Resource Management, Inc. announced today that it has filed for Chapter 11 reorganization in order to preserve the value of its business for its creditors. BBZ also announced that immediately prior to its Chapter 11 filing, it entered into a new strategic relationship in order to preserve and maximize the value of its data mining business for the benefit of its creditors, business partners and other stakeholders.

BBZ’s historical business involved both the sale of rebate certificates and the accumulation and use of consumer data. Recent events surrounding BBZ’s rebate certificate business necessitated BBZ’s Chapter 11 filing. Early in 2009, BBZ entered into a 15-year contract with Kidz Idz, Inc. to purchase $345 million of rebate certificates from BBZ. Kidz Idz’ performance under this contract was personally guaranteed by Michael Pouls, the owner of Kidz Idz. Relying upon that contract, BBZ entered into a long-term lease for a new fulfillment facility and hired new employees to deal with the exploding demand for the rebate certificates that BBZ sold. Rather than honor that contract, however, Kidz Idz and Mr. Pouls not only breached their obligations but also undertook what BBZ believes to be concerted campaign to co-opt the rebate certificate business and destroy BBZ. This effort culminated with the Pouls Parties filing a lawsuit on Thursday, June 25, 2009 falsely asserting that BBZ’s business is a fraudulent “Ponzi” scheme. Ironically, that same day BBZ was working with outside counsel to prepare its own lawsuit against the Pouls Parties asserting their breaches of contract and other wrongful conduct.

The damage to BBZ’s rebate certificate business from the Pouls Parties’ conduct made it imperative that BBZ act to protect its consumer data mining business for the benefit of its creditors, business partners and other stakeholders. Accordingly, BBZ has entered into a contract with an industry leader to take that business forward in exchange for BBZ receiving a share of the business’s revenues. This new relationship will form the foundation of BBZ’s anticipated Chapter 11 plan of reorganization.

In the meantime, BBZ has suspended sales, activations, and redemption of rebate certificates, as well as gift card distribution. Consumers awaiting gift cards or holding certificates are encouraged not to contact the businesses or brokers that sold or gave away the certificates, as suspension of this program is beyond their control. BBZ is committed to honoring its obligations and will be working diligently with its outside professionals in the Chapter 11 process to maximize the return to its creditors.

Inquiries may be sent to BBZ’s new mailing address: PO Box 11000, Mesa AZ 85214-1100.

4th of Aug, 2009
    valuebuzz.com - Cannot print out certificate for August.

I have been trying to print out the August certificate but cannot the site will not open up. I printed and sent in the July certificate with receipts and need the August certificate.

• Gi

Hi,
    i brought furniture and was promised $500.00 in free groceries. Every month i am to print out a voucher and mail in $100.00 worth of receipts. I did that the first month and didn't received anything and then I tried to print out a voucher for the month of July and am unable to do that. I think this is a scam I don't know how people can do these things.
    Gina

• 5b
      6th of Aug, 2009

Has anyone had any problem with the vacation services promised too?

• Fl
      6th of Aug, 2009

Bought my new washer in June 2009 and was promised the monthly $25 Visa gift card. Kept my part of the bargain in July 2009 and sent in my grocery receipts. It is now August 6, 2009, and I have not received a gift card nor can I access the web page for valuebuzz.com. So we log our complaints here, and send an inquiry to the new PO Box address. I will send my inquiry to this address and watch this page for further developments. Thank you, Gina Helvick, for your information.
    Jan, Chicago

• Em
      6th of Aug, 2009

Yep me too, got my windshield replaced and was given "free groceries". Sent in my June voucher with receipt and have been trying to access the website to print out July and August, to find network time outs and unable to access valuebuzz.com. Good luck to all but in the end I think it might be "we got hosed"

• Sh
      6th of Aug, 2009

My husband and I went to a vacation rental resort and sat thru the 90 minute presentation. They said no hassle if we decided not to take it, welllllllll there wasn't any hassle, but the woman we delt with got very upset with us, got rude and started to cry! We got our packet, and like the others i've sent in the receipts for July, and now can't access the site to print off August's voucher for the groceries. I am going to report this to the Chamber of Congress in that town and also to the Better Business Bureau in my state and will be giving them the name of the company and the resort.

• Lj
    valuebuzz.com - Website down
    Valuebuzz
    Richmond
    Virginia

Signed up for "Curves" and was given a voucher for $500 dollars in free groceries. Sent in receipts for month of July, tried to print out voucher for August, website down.

7th of Aug, 2009

I am getting very disgusted in not being able to download August voucher, please answer my question on how to download voucher, , ,

• Me
      7th of Aug, 2009

I also have been scammed by this grocery and gas rebates. I purchased a pool and was promised $1000.00 total it was one of the reasons I purchased the pool from Brothers 3 pools knowing that their pools were a little more expensive. I was able to print and send the receipts for June and July 2009, and could not access by phone or website for the august vouchers. I will not fall for this type of scam again and feel very cheated.

• Ri
      7th of Aug, 2009

Yes i'm having the same problem... I was promised a $500 gas card when i bought my car from the dealer and 3 months into the offer the web site no longer works. I knew this was too good to be true

• Mc
      7th of Aug, 2009

I purchased a scooter from Valley Scooters and was promised a $300.00 gas certificate. Same scam, purchase $100.00 in fuel a month for twelve months and receive a $25.00 voucher each month. Never received anything. I will contact the FTC on Monday and file a compliant. Since I charged the scooter on my credit card I will contact my credit card company and report internet fraud.

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

Yes Iam having the same problem of 300.00 of free groceries at 25.00 gift card per month by spending 100.00 in grocery money per month and sending the original receipt to valuebuzz. Which I did for month of July 2009 with the correponding July voucher that was sent to me. All this came about by signing up with Comcast Network for their Triple-Play. don'tlet Comcast fool you. They have scammed me. Mel Chasse

• Li
      7th of Aug, 2009

I think it is a terrible way to con people so they can sell their products and services