Valic / retirement account

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Valic is giving me the runaround when I try to close my account. They said that there is a "phone password" to be used when calling them. This password is separate from the online password. I don't recall setting one up. I think they are just stalling me. They said they will mail a password reset - but they should be able to email or fax this rather than use snail mail.

Sm
Jun 26, 2017

Comments

• Mn
      Aug 07, 2017

I agree me & my husband both get this same lame line from there so called customer service, they NEVER return your calls period! We are now resorting to get a retirement lawyer, what a shame that we have to do this when its my husbands money they are holding, now to have to pay to retrieve it is even more ridiculous. I feel your frustration, I have been dealing with this mess for over 2 years now and till nothing, they even stopped sending Quarterly Statements, this is the worst investment company I have ever crossed in my opinion.

• Pe
      Aug 11, 2017

post on Facebook and Twitter. They finally gave me the name of a VP - Pamela _ who actually cares.