VacuumCleaners.net / Not accepting return or refund

I ordered a Hoover model S2561 Quick Broom Portapower Stick Broom and received a Hoover S2220 Flair Bagless Stick Vacuum. The Hoover S2220 is a less capable product than the S2561, yet I was charged the price for the more expensive S2561.

Long Beach Vacuum & Cleaners.net would not accept my return or refund my money. It had to be resolved through my credit card company.

Company details:
Long Beach Vacuum & Cleaners.net, Long Beach, NY

Mk

Comments

• Ke
      30th of Jan, 2007

I had a similar experience. I order Hoover’s Bagged Temp Widepath, but vacuumcleaners.net (aka Long Beach Vacuum, 264 E. Park, Long Beach, NY 11561) sent me some non-name vacuum called a Perfect. I called to tell them I ordered a Hoover and I wanted a Hoover. They said this non-name vacuum was better then the Hoover I order. I told them I didn’t want it and requested to return it. They refused to accept it. I had to work with my credit card company get a refund. After several weeks and many hours on the phone, I finally go my refund.

• Va
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Upon ordering the vacuum customer was informed that the model that was oredered was no longer available and was offered a substitute which was agreed upon. Credit was issued to customer for the difference but she wanted full refund. We explained we could not offer refund but if they would ship unit back we would be more than happy to exchange for any other product.

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2011

I have had an EXACT experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with the EXACT complaint. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.