VacuumCleaners.net / 'Dented' vacuum cleaner

On September 4, 2006, I purchased a Sanitaire #886 Vacuum cleaner over the internet at the site www.vacuumcleaners.net. I received the machine but it was 'dented' on the top chrome piece. I went back to the website and posted the complaint to the dealer. There was a return message promising me that someone would respond within one business day. No one responded, so a couple of days later I sent another email message via their website. Again no one responded, so I called the telephone number listed on the site. The man I spoke with told me it was my problem with the delivery company. I explained that there was no way I could verify that the damage did not happen at the suppliers warehouse and that I did not feel it should be my problem. I was told that the only thing I could do was to call the delivery company, (UPS), and file a claim with them. I refused to do this. I sent approximately 4 more emails requesting an Return Merchandise Authorization number. Then I spoke to customer service and I was told by the same man that the problem was between me and UPS, that I needed to call them. I am very dissatisfied with the process with this company and have asked for resolution through my credit card company.

Comments

• Ez
      21st of Feb, 2009

I have purchased from them many times, had returns and never had a problem. They were always very professional and fast.

• Va
      22nd of Jun, 2009

This was a damage through UPS and a claim must be filed through UPS. If a damage should occur in shipping the customer must file the claim and we then would send out replacement. Customer refused to file damge through UPS.

• My
      24th of May, 2010

As we explained to the customer we are unable to ship out another vacuum until the damaged item is picked up. The customer refused to cooperate and until make vacuum available for UPS to pick up. We were unable to send out a new vacuum until the customer released the damaged one.

• St
      22nd of Jan, 2011

I have had a similar experience with this so called company that is currently being disputed with my credit card company too, which is not going well since the information the provide to the credit card company is about as truthful as the scam they run themselves. I only wish I had done the research that I am doing now. There are so many other customers of the farce of a company with a very similar complaint. And they actually have the audacity to come on here and call us liars and even pose as "consumers" themselves to disagree with posters offering complaints about their bait and switch tactics. I am making it my personal crusade to get the word out on vacuumcleaners.net and have them shut down for good. They messed with the wrong guy! I will be posting my experience with them on here soon as well.