Vacuum / Scam $195.00

1-5 United States Review updated:

I bought a miracle mate vacuum for $2700 and two weeks later found out they are only $195.

I tried to get my money back, but these guys refuse to do anything. BUYER BEWARE - Dont get scammed by paying $2700 for this cheap Chinese made vacuum. they even lie and say made in Canada, but it is only assembled there ! all parts are Chinese

Ke

More Vacuum Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      31st of Mar, 2010

The Miracle Mate Platinum retails for $3499.00 + tax. I am not sure where you came to the conclusion that the machine is only $195.00. You may have found a used one on popular auction sites such as eBay which of course does not come with our factory warranty and was most likely one of our older models. I am also unaware of whom you purchased your machine from, but in almost all states you only have a 3 business day cancellation policy. If you had contacted the company in which you purchased it from after the 3 business days, they legally do not have to take the machine back and refund your money. The Miracle Mate Platinum is also not made in China. The canister part of the vacuum is made in Canada. As for the powerhead we have different parts shipped to us from all around the world and yes we do assemble the powerhead right here in Washington.
    I am sorry that you are not happy with your recent purchase of your Miracle Mate Platinum. If there is anything that us, the manufacturer can do for you please don’t hesitate to call us. Thank you,

Management
    Miracle Mate USA INC.

30th of Apr, 2010

They just stopped at my house in Marysville and I could tell right away they were rats. A car with 5 people in in from California pulled up and one guy jumped out, the car raced away. They started off saying they were taking surveys only, not selling anything. Then they offered me a Wal Mart Gift card for $50 if I would just answer a few questions... Finally he admitted they were selling some great Vacuums that sell for $3, 500 retail for only $1, 900 today only! I sent him walking. As soon as I did the same car pulled up and he jumped in and again they speed away. Bunch of Crooks!

• Bu
      29th of Jul, 2010

I actually disagree totally with the above complaints. This is an awesome vacuum. I purchased mine 10 years ago and have used it excessively. The power head just recently stopped working, but I am still able to use the hardwood attachment and have complete confidence that once repaired, this vacuum will continue to serve me for another 10 years. As far as the guys jumping back into the van and "speeding away". Why would they stick around, you told them you weren't interested and they left. That doesn't make the crooks. They are salesmen being paid on commission. Of course they are not going to waste their time hanging around where they can't make a sale. And yes, several at a time carpool to appointments, makes good since to me. Saves on gas and helps the environment. I would be far more upset if I saw 5 cars drive up and park on the same street, all selling the same thing.

• Bj
      15th of Aug, 2010

Young boy shows up on our doorstep asking if we would give our opinion of an air purifier after a demonstration. He would get $50.00. We sat through the demo. Part of the demo was comparing our 1300.00 kirby suction to the miracle mate. He poured about a 3/4 box of baking soda on the carpet and proceeded to show how my kirby could not pick up the majority of the baking soda. Then he used the miracle mate vacuum and showed us about 3/4 cup of baking soda left by the kirby. This guy must think we are all stupid and easy. The manager shows up offering a lower deal. I asked them to leave for 10 minutes so I could talk it over with my wife. I inspected my kirby and noticed the suction power was on 1/2 power. I never vacuum with the kirby on `1/2 power. We have owned this unit for almost 7 years. All they did was tell us how dishonest kirby sales people are. I poured another 3/4 box of baking soda and vacuumed with the kirby on full power this time while they were gone. The kirby picked up around 98% of the baking soda. The miracle mate picked up the rest. I told them the switch was switched to half power. The manager gave me a grin. They knew that I was on to them. They ended up leaving and could not look me in the eye at all. I'll never open my door again to a young man making claims. What a shameful company. I hear the product is not all that great either. BEWARE OF THESE COMPANY REPS.

2nd of Oct, 2010

Sounds like Kevin is a competitor trying to smear Miracle, I don't believe him. Obvious smear. Anyone can say anything on the internet.

Nowayman's comment is wrong as the Everett office next to Marysville isn't open for one till this month. 2. Miracle mate at this point has had no van crews. Another possible smear.

bjkces calling a vacuum salesmen shameless for putting stuff on your carpet? Lol, salesmen been doing that for 70 yrs. 2. Kirby only has 1 speed. So it appears this guy is lieing as well.

Here is the irony. Miracle is the best machine out there. They are old school and manufacture a quality product in the US. Is it possible to buy a New miracle for $195 no. Is it possible to buy an old miracle for $195? yes they have been around for 18 yrs. Hell, i sell 5 year old Kirby for $50 and half the time throw them out.

2nd of Oct, 2010

Miracle takes the high road. They don't smear competitors and only hire reputable distributors.

• Mo
      14th of Feb, 2013

I have had my platinum edition for 3 yrs and it really sucks : ) canister still works great. and nauturaly being some what rough on tools to begin with I cant be too upset with the issues I have had. Like replacing the power head, and power cord. Machine came with a life time warranty witch is great if you live near a vacume repair service that has relations with this company. Other wise be prepared to fix all issues other than the canister itself. Over all I am extreamly Happy with this machine. Also there is most deffinatly a way to only pay $1800 for a new miracle mate. simply agree to the orininal offer of $1800. Lose your job go into forcloseur. ask to be put on the lower payment plan of $40 per month, and after a year settle with the collecter for original amount.

10th of Jul, 2014

they go for $6390 lol $195

• Co
      29th of Nov, 2014

I PURCHASED MY MIRACLE MATE 19 YEARS AGO AND IT IS STILL A FABULOUS VACUUM CLEANER SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT IT. I DO TAKE IT IN ONCE A YEAR FOR A CHECK-UP(FREE OF CHARGE) TO GET CLEANED AND INSPECTED. I RECOMMEND THIS VACUUM IF YOU HAVE DOGS OR CATS. IT'S A GREAT VACCUUM. I PAID $2400 - WORTH EVERY PENNY!

• Ow
      31st of Mar, 2015

All I can say is search Kirby on this website and you better have a coffee to read the 600 pages of complaints. Nothing like vacuum cleaner salesman writing complaints about their competition. I would love to see the original receipt for the 195.00 new miracle mate. Lets see if Kevin gets a copy to me. Lol I doubt it. Anyone have any questions or concerns please call the factory at Miracle Mate at 1 800 944 5777.

• Pa
      30th of Dec, 2015

My wife's grandparents bought a miracle mate many years ago. Once grandma hit about 80 years old, it was too heavy for her to use. She gave it to us about 10 or so years ago. I am not sure of the exact age of the vacuum, but it has worked flawlessly for us for years nor. It survived the abuse of teenagers. I have never done a thing to it except change the bags, and clean the filters. It is a bit heavy, and maybe a bit harder to use than say... a Dyson, but it has made me a believer. If this one croaks, there are several on Ebay for a very reasonable price. Would I ever spend $2, 000 on one? No. But I would buy a used one for a few hundred bucks without a doubt.

• Mi
      6th of Feb, 2016

We purchased our Miracle Mate Platinum about 12 years ago and it has and still works perfectly. I have never had it serviced, I change the bags and clean the filters occasionally. Is a bit spendy but love this product!

• Ka
      20th of Jun, 2016

When I bought my Miracle Mate I got a gift certificate for $150 free carpet cleaning (5 uses x $30.00) where can I redeem them?

Thanks

• Wa
      23rd of May, 2017

I love my miracle mate. I have abused it and it keeps on going. I've had it for 13 years I don't regret the price even had it financed. I have had to replace parts very easy. I live in Wyoming not close to a repair shop at all. the sales gal was great, a year late Kirby came knocking and they were horrible, not only rude but very unprofessional. Kirby is heavy loud and has to many attachments and is hard on the back. I hate using anything other then my mate but with kids and moving 4 times my head broke and I need a new pigtail cord. It's still sucks great.

• Ru
      24th of Nov, 2018

I would like to make a comment about my Miracle Mate Platinum vacuum cleaner. It seems to vacuum things up fairly well but it's not as convenient as another vacuum cleaner to set up and remove and put the power head back on because of the separate electrical cords that have to be plugged. It was terribly expensive for what it does but it has a special feature that's not so apparent perhaps with some other vacuums---I can use it also as a HEATER, although a rather noisy one!

It was poorly designed so the vacuum motor gets quite hot to the point of not wanting to keep my hand on the top and it blows out rather hot air.

• So
      8th of Dec, 2018

Sorry but i will take 5 if you can find them for that price. The power head used more than that. The best you can get from a vacuum store with all the parts with a warranty but used is about 900. You can not even get a cheap vacuum from walmart made in china for 199. You did just fine and they last for ever.
    Your grand kids may end up with it.