Vacations Direct Inc. / Timeshares sales Fraud

1 206 N Beach StreetDaytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877 855-5210

July 3, 2008 I spoke with James Hartsell by telephone, who gave me a sales pitch regarding sale of my timeshare property. He indicated that he had multiple corporate accounts who were in need of purchasing timeshare properties and explained that he got no commission from the fee his company Vacations Direct Inc. charged me to sell my property. He also stated on the phone that Vacations Direct had a 100% money back guarantee that within 90 days if my property did not sell, I could request a refund. I agreed to have the 1284.00 charge to my American Express.

Once I gave my amex number to James Hartsell, he told me he would fax me the contract for me to sign ASAP because he could not get me connected to any sellers without it. I received the fax and read the 100% guarantee which did not clearly say the conditions of a sale within the 90days.

July 7, 2008 I faxed James (enclosed) a note that I would not sign the contract as I did not agree with the terms as written. I immediately called american express to make a claim on the charge and get a refund.

July 8, 2008 James called me and I explained that I was not willing to risk 1284.00 and only agreed to the charge because he assured me the “marketing obligation” stated in the guarantee was his obligation to sell my timeshare within the 90 days or I could request and receive a refund, He assured me that he had all these corporate accounts and I would have as a minimum one week of my timeshare sold which would cover more than the fee and I would be out nothing. I told him I would agree to the terms as he indicated by phone. Based on that, I signed the contract and called American Express to close the claim.

September 8, 2008 I emailed James Hartsell at Vacations Direct Inc. (enclosed) requesting a refund.

September 10, 2008 I received a call from Russel who told me that the contract stated if my timeshare was sold by another company, was the only condition to a refund. I asked to speak to James Hartsell, and Russel would not let me. I argued with Russel that I spoke to James for clarification of the “marketing obligation”. Russel insisted that they have met their marketing obligation. I demanded that he show me in writing what has Vacations Direct done in the past 60 days as I had received not one phone call or had any proof they have done anything. He took my email address and said he would send it in writing. I received no email.

I believe that Vacations Direct Inc. has not done anything for my 1284.00 and definitely not met their marketing obligations. Russel claims they have met their obligations, which was not clear in the contract but was clarified to me by James Hartsell on July 8. Therefore I feel that I should get my 1284.00 refund in full.

I have not received my money, I have never received any calls, or any proof of any marketing.

Comments

• Fg
      28th of Jan, 2009

I FRANK GAUCI HAD THE SAME THING DONE TO ME THEY TOLD ME THE SELL PICH AND THEN SEND THEM 1200.00 THEY HAD SAID THEY SOLD IT TTWO THREE TIMES THIS WAS FEB /28 /08 THEY TOLD ME WAIT TELL AFTER CHIRTMASS NOW AFTER I CAN NOT GET HOLD OF THEM THEY ARE ALL RIP OFF THIS FOR ENGLEWOOD RESORT IN FLA IWOULD ANY GOING TO DO BISNIS DO NOT DO IT FGFORD@AOL.COM

• Fg
      28th of Jan, 2009

i frank gauci got a phone call from vacation direct if i to sell my time shares at engewood resort in englewood fla feb /28 08 they gave sales pitch they have if it was not sold in 12month they will give me mony back i have send them a 800.00 i three times they had sold it and it was a lie they told me wait on till after the new year because they are moving and the stom i can not get hold of them any more fgford@aol.com

• Ro
      3rd of Sep, 2009

My mom received a similar sales pitch and contract. I reviewed the contract and it is not a good deal in any shape. They want your money and have no obligation to do anything useful in the sale of your timeshare. They're basically an advertising medium (without any checks or balances).

• Jc
      25th of Jan, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Dan Stuart said I would get a full refund if my Bluegreen points were not rented within 90 days. So I called after 90 days of not hearing from Vacations Direct once to request my refund or $599. I was then told byAllen Williams that there is no guarantee and that Dan Stuart no longer works there. If anyone from Vacations Direct calls to sell you anything, HANG UP IMMEDIATELY!!! They are nothing more than common criminals and will lie to your face to steal your money!

• Mt
      5th of Mar, 2010

We received five phone calls from these folks within two weeks in their attempts to set us up for the kill. They assured us more than once that there would absolutely, positively not be any up-front costs until we had a signed contract in hand for the sale of our time share. On their final call (from Joseph Church) they said they had a great offer but that we would need to give them a $2, 500 deposit via credit card so that they could proceed with the sale. We are not idiots and without a legitimate signed contract we will not pay Vacations Direct a dime. Once they discovered that we were serious in absolutely not paying for a pie-in-the-sky deal, they hung up on us. Just one more case of a time share sale rip off company.

• Da
      20th of May, 2010

I was wondering if anybody heard of "direct timeshare sales". They have contacted me in order so sell my timeshare. I just want to know if this company is ok to deal with. I hear a lot about the scams in this field and dont want to be traped. Please help...

• Bb
      8th of Jun, 2010

I'm in the same boat and now none of the phone numbers I can find will go through. They always lead to leaving a voicemail that never gets returned. BUYER BEWARE...or better yet STAY AWAY.

• Bv
      13th of Apr, 2011

I am in the same boat. I received no correspondence after the payment was made and the numbers no longer work. Total scam!