Vacations and Resorts / Scam

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

This company is an absolute SCAM!!! I called them to get an update to the sell of my timeshare and interestingly enough, I talked to the same girl that I talked to that I paid to sell my timeshare at Timeshare Goldline...? She may use a different name (???), but does not change her voice or lies...all of a sudden there is a problem with the sale, its tied up here and there, the 'title' search (that I cannot even get a copy of..) was held up, the buyers head fell off...is that what I am going to hear next?

My old address and phone number may be in IL, but now I live in Sunny (but not so..) Florida, and I will be looking for this company...of yeah...they're here in Florida, even though they 'aren't in Florida...'...stay posted, I am on a mission to walk into their office and take a look around to how many buyers are sitting around throwing high prices and perfect qualifications around...we'll see.

Comments

27th of Oct, 2010

I agree with you, they are also here in Indiana. They scammed my elderly parents out of Thousands of dollars, and I would like more information on them, if anyone would help to share any info, I to have alot on this company, but wish to know the owners/founders name...

• Ca
      27th of Apr, 2011

I agree. I originally listed my timeshare with them to rent out, and they then approached me indicating someone wanted to buy it. I paid them $1498 in June 2010 to sell it, and then essentially they blew me off. I realized eventually that there were no buyers and that I should have better researched the company since they have numerous complaints logged against them with the Atlanta Better Business Bureau. Then just this week (April 2011) I was contacted by an alleged title company (Holiday Properties International) indicating my timeshare had sold and all I had to do was pay $1204 for the title fee and I would get the proceeds, which were currently in an escrow account. I was e-mailed a contract, which appeared to be styled very similar to the Vacations and Resorts contract, and of course the contract was completely inadequate for a real estate transfer. Fortunately I pushed back this time (I might not be the brightest bulb coming out of the box, but I learn.) I indicated that until there was an appropriate sales contract and I could validate with a legitimate financial institution that there was an escrow account with the money, I was not signing anything or paying anything. The contract they sent me could have potentially been used to transfer my timeshare out of my name to their company with me receiving no proceeds. I think the man I talked to with the title company was the same man I talked to with Vacations and Resorts. I don't know what his real name is, but with V&R he told me it was Frank Leaf, and with HPI he told me it was Robert Phillips. I doubt I'll hear from them again since I've wised up - I don't know how these people can sleep at night. I hope they can't.

20th of May, 2012

Please conatct me at 407-246-2971, det. Mike Stevens, Orlando Police Department.

20th of May, 2012

If there are any victims who dealt with this company, please call me, det. Mike Stevens at 407-246-2971, or my partner, Det. Hilary Bledsoe, 407-246-3715, in reference to an ongoing criminal investigation of this group.

20th of May, 2012

VACATIONS AND RESORTS is the same organization as TIMESHARE GOLDLINE and RESORT CONDOS MANAGEMENT. The group is under investigation in Orlando, Florida for wire fraud and RICO violations. Please conatct the Orlando Police Departments Economic Crimes Unit, 407-246-2971 if you have any information on this group.

28th of Oct, 2012

If you also paid off mike and hilary, AG members, PLEASE CALL ME. ..ISN'T ILLEGAL FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO ACCEPT "BRIBES"??