Vacation Sales and Marketing Timeshares / Scam

1 CA, United States Review updated:

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM..Received a call from Jeremy identifying himself from Vacation Sales and Marketing claiming we had spoke a couple months before and was following up.. that part could be true.. then wanted to know if I read the contract and if I signed it NOW they could promote my timeshare ASAP. I told I never received a copy. He then claimed he was in Calif at my timeshare helping to promote sales etc for the next 11 days, they had people coming for presentations and they didn't have a timeshare to sell from my place.

He e mailed me a sample copy nothing filled in.. I noticed there was a space available for an amount not stated for a fee. Told him I wasn't going to pay any up front fees and wasn't signing anything until talked over with husband.. told him to call back following day. He did.. claimed he spoke with manager and me not paying an upfront fee wasn't a problem. Stated if I signed it now it would be included in the following day presentation. He also stated ( after my questioning his authenticity again) he was working with Trading Places to help sell the timeshares. Told him that was great and would love to meet. Husband and I would be there the following morning to sign in person. He didn't even hesitate.. said he would be there from 10A - 10P gave me his cell phone # [protected] and would have the paper work already when we got there. I still didn't believe him.

It was a 90 min drive but felt nothing would be lost even if it was a hoax as this would give us a chance to speak with the people out there to find out how to market our timeshare. We drove out there.. and as you may have guessed..nobody knew who the heck Vacation Sales and Marketing was..nobody knew who Jeremy was. I called up Jeremy's cell phone..of course n/a ..We spoke with the real estate agent authorized to sell the timeshares and she was agast. She was the only agent there and had worked there apprx 7 years.. never heard of the company. We spoke with her. listed our timeshare.. no up front fees..she has 6 months to sell it. If not sold by then we will probably quit claim it back to the resort. She claims that since we have a 2 bedroom 2 bath..in prime time it should be sold.. nothing guaranteed..

Comments

• He
      20th of Sep, 2009

well, here goes...vacation sales and marketing claims that they are out of st marys georgia, hence the 912 area code. the truth is they are at 1490 W Internatl Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, FL 32114-1442 in between outback and an airplane store, diane crosby is the ring leader of the scam, followed by daryl and his girl twila, who uses the name sue wang as customer service. diane was also involved in a scam called copeland marketing which was shut down and was in the same plaza. to also prove that they are in daytona the rep jeremy that is mentioned in this other inquiry is jeremy allison, who unfortunatly lost his life in a recent street racing accident in holly hill florida which you can link him to daytona with. what baffles me is the depth of this fraud that has not been figured out yet. i mean the real estate company who rents her this location KNOWS that what she is using as office space is not zoned as anything except storage. thats a violation of so many laws its funny. next, the woman who owns the airplane supply store next door is an attorney...how much is she being paid to keep her mouth shut? next... banking... lol with this one, the FBI needs to go into the riverside bank on beville road and ask why no accounts were being reported with dianes name on them, (accounts over 10, 000 need to be reported) maybe because of the lunches that were being bought for the bank employees every friday, oh wait, maybe it was the louis vuitton purses being givin to workers as bribes to keep there mouths shut. and then came the warning that questions were being asked and along with that came a sudden change of accounts. if thats not FBI worthy then i dont know what is. what about the mail person who delivers packages into there knowing that it isnt a real address? again though, why hasent daytona beach code enforcement officers investigated the many complaints that have been called in to their office about this multi million dollar a year scam taking place in an area that shouldnt have anyone in it???? are they being bribed too??? i advise every person who reads this to call the daytona beach code enforcement office to inquire about this, 386-671-8190. And if anyone still wants to do business with them after reading this they are F rated with the Better Business Bureau, and if you still do business with them after that, you deserve to be scamed.

27th of Jan, 2010

this company is owned by someone i know they do nothing and are in the bulding attached to outback steakhouse in daytona beach the first door to the right of the reastraunt buisness florida they operate with no lic everyone who works there is on drugs the owner diane crosby lost her real estate lic for fraud and the main man daryl dixon was shut down before under dac they have a back up office on bevil rd in daytona beach they also had someone steal all of spinkers records with cc # and ss # on them they still have them in there home and the cops covered for them they are all paid in cash they use as many as 10 diffrent charge card companys so irs wont find them daryl even lies to dept of revenue and dose not pay the child support he should they all are scam artist and steal for a living they have not resold one property ever they dont even try this company should be stopped and reported to state of florida for violation along with irs these people steal with a phone and daryl claims yes the have police on there payroll what he claims and brags about

28th of Jan, 2010

here is all you have to do one call credit card company yours and file a dipute and explain this company is a fraud and there contracts are not binding due to the fact they are not a ligietment company and were operating illegally besides they did nothing to try and sell your timeshare at all they sit in the office laugh everytime they made a sale and did drugs. alos report them to the florida dept of timesahare agriculture dept and inform them they have two offices and phones are still on wait one more call irs give them company name diane and the other two name and justice will be done these people had a company before and were fully aware of what they were doing

Licensee Details
    Licensee Information
    Name: CROSBY, DIANE E (Primary Name)
    (DBA Name)

Status: Revoked
    Licensure Date: 05/23/1988
    Expires: 03/31/2002

28th of Jan, 2010

daryl uleses dixon and girl

958 tall pine dr
    port orange fl 32127

this compant first started with these people in there homes

• St
      28th of Feb, 2010

Thanks for the info. Here is what I have found about them.
    -We all know the St. Marys GA address is a mail box drop.
    -The BBB of GA website lists Daryl Green as the manager and Diane Droulard as the CEO. Sherri Wright is the customer service person. I wonder if Diane Droulard and Diane Crosby are the same person?
    -All the phone numbers are untraceable. I suspect VOIP service. One traces to Statesboro, GA but no address. I wonder if the 'sales person', I suspect Diane, lives there?
    -The phone numbers I have are 866/993-8726, 866/967-6775, 912/225-1652. Anyone have any more?
    -They never answer phones, just call back when they want to. Caller ID is blocked.
    -Does anyone live near there? I found a Daryl Green at 3033 Old Milford Road, Leary, GA 39862 but I am NOT sure this is the same Daryl Green or if he even lives there still. If someone lives near there, can you drive by and take pictures?
    -the website url was registered by a D Crosby. This makese sense to what you say.

Interesting the FL and GA connection. I tried to find out more about them in FL and did not find anything. Thank you for posting.

I will drive by that address when I am in FL in a couple of weeks and post again after I return.

12th of Mar, 2010

Unfortunately I was a sucker that fell for this scam. Back in July 2009 I talked to a 'Natalie Walker'. Below is an email she sent me:

"Attached is your marketing agreement for the sale/rental of your property. Please print this agreement, sign it and date it. It is imperative that we receive a signed copy. You can e-mail it to us at info@vacationsalesandmarketing.com or fax it to us at 1-888-887-8162. If neither of these methods works for you, you can mail it to us at 6586 Highway 40 East, Suite B7-237, St. Mary’s Georgia 31558. If you have any questions, please call our customer service number at 866-967-6775."

Another phone number that she gave me was 678-840-9373 and 770-783-0794; nobody ever answers - just a voicemail.

So did your bank actually refund you?

20th of Mar, 2010

daryl dixion 386307 7219

27th of Mar, 2010

VACATION SALES & MARKETING CORPORATION OUT OF ST. MARY'S, GA. IS THE EXACT SAME COMPANY NOW OPERATING UNDER THE NAME OF VACATION MARKETING OUT OF BARTLETT, TN. THE OWNER'S NAME IS DIANE E. CROSBY WHO LIVES AT 137 GOLDEN EYE DRIVE IN DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA

• Sc
      28th of Mar, 2010

A guy named Wayne Wess (912) 225-3971 from Vacation Sales and Marketing in St. Mary's, GA called my husband about our timeshare in Las Vegas in April 2009. He told my husband that they were promoting people's timeshares that weekend and guarantees 100% refund if not sold within 12 months. Jeremy was so certain that it would sell that April 7th weekend, he convinced my husband to keep his cell phone with him all weekend and he convinced my husband to authorize him to charge our credit card $899.00 for the upfront fees. Everything was done RUSH-RUSH that when I got home from work, all I had to do was sign my name. He emailed my husband a contract and everything looked legitimate but I was leary of the situation. I didn't feel comfortable but signed it anyways because my husband had just gotten laid off work in February and was desparate to sell our timeshare. It's been almost a year and we have not been able to get to a live person. Their contract stated that we can get a refund 10 days after the 12 months expiration. After reading all of your complaints, I don't think we will see a penny of it. Thanks for posting. Next time we will look up the company before doing business.

• Da
      13th of Apr, 2010

I thought I had done due diligence before I signed up with these guys. After getting the refund run around for months I finally have Capital One trying to get my money back through their merchant bank. There is still hope. Looks like the website went down on 4/6/10. I'm in Minnesota or I would be driving all over looking for these crooks. Who should we contact about a class action suit?

13th of Apr, 2010

Does anyone know a legitimate timeshare resale company?

19th of Apr, 2010

no legislation but they are commiting crime as fraud they live and work in daytona beach Florida would shut them down irs would jail them why this company closed and they opened up a new one same place same thing same people lawyers wont take the case but the irs will report them look above there new company name is up there and have them investigate diane and darayl the real names posted

• Br
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I got taken by this company and many other resale companies.

After being taken a few times I started researching the internet and found a company that helps people who have been scammed get their money back. Do a Goggle search on Timeshare Fee Recovery

Good luck...PS so far I get back about $1500 from a couple companies.
    Bruce

• J6
      9th of Aug, 2010

Oh My Gosh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't give these people any MONEY. I am talking about Vacation Sales and Marketing which is now called Vacation Marketing. I also took a contract out with them last year in May 2009 and did everything that I was suppose to have done after year was up. I sent out 3 certified letters to Diana E. Crosby address is 137 Golden Eye Dr. Dayton, Fl 32119 which was signed for. Sent one to Vacation Sales at 6586 Hwy 40 East Suite B-7 237 in Saint Marys, GA 31558 the letter was refused. Sent another one to Vacation Marketing at 6025 Stage Rd. Suite 42-381 Bartlett, TN. which was signed for by Elizabeth Bearden ( agent) it said. These people are all scams. I called my credit card company which is HSBC which I don't like because they up hold them. Where they are getting the people is when you look at your contract it will state that " VSMA is not a real estate firm or brokerage. We showcase our Clients vacation properties IN THEIR OWN PERSONALIZED MARKETING CAMPAIGN based on the information provided by the owners". This is where they get you. They are saying that you have a marketing campaign and they advertize from your campaign. This is why the credit card company upholds them. I have been fighting this since May and will not give up. I don't want to see people loose their money. It is hard times now and its hard to come up with 599.00 which they took from me. We are retired and I want my money back. If there is anyone out there that would all like to band together and file a class action suit against them I am for it. These people need to be stopped. I would like to set back and just have 10 people to call and take 599.00 from each that is 6, 00.00 a day. Anybody could get rich like that. They are all getting away with this scam. There has got to be away to stop them. My cell no. is 513-518-2298 (June) my name if anyone wants to call me. Today I received a call form a guy and he said he was an attorney. I told him to call me on my house phone and he did and he said his name was Brian Wilson.He had me on a 3 way conversation with a gentleman by the name of Ken Smith from Triple A Resort Service. Mr Smith was doing a deed search from my time share and wanted another 600.00 from me because they had sold my time share for 29, 00.00 (which I didn't believe). I told him I wasn't putting out any more money and they could take their money out of the 29, 000.00 and send me the rest. Well that didn't happen so I finally told him to give me his phone number which showed up private and I would give to my attorney and he would call you. Well all of a sudden they hung the phone up so I knew right than that they were trying to scam me again for another 600.00. They sound so convencing and trueful but DON'T BELIEVE them. Any from out of the state of Florida stay away from. Please be careful. I hope this will help someone keep their money. I live in Cinti Ohio and call me anytime if you like. I only wish I had read this board before signing with the. Wish all good luck . June

12th of Aug, 2010

for the last time for any one fighting with credit card company's here it is the contract you signed was null and void it was not executed by a legal licensed company in the state of Florida where it has been proven in writing. there was a corporation set up in Diane Crosby name but her husband was the head because she was court ordered not to ever have a call room or telemarketing room ever because another case of fraud . if you call the state department of agriculture give the name and address on international blvd the will tell you there was never an issued laic. you may also contact the IRS and see they never filed personal or private tax returns, Daryl Dixon was Manager he went by Daryl green and same thins applied it was a cash business they used up to 6 credit card company's to process there transaction so there would be no red flags or they get holds put on them THE BIGEST THING IS THEY WERE NOT LEGAL OPERATING IN STATE OF FLORIDA THIS IS FRAUD SAYING THEY WORKED IN GA WICH WAS A PO BOX SO ANY AND ALL CONTRACTS ARE NULL AND VOID AND WOULD NOT STAND UP IN COURT I AM SURE

so here is most of the info you need put the credit cards up against the wall if they wont charge back make them prove they were a legal company and get a state laic # and a federal id the contract would be fraud because of the misleading information they gave

owner Diane Crosby office manager Ulysses Daryl Dixon

other web site with info and complaints

Diane Crosby old state lic and info

Licensee Details
    Licensee Information
    Name: CROSBY, DIANE E (Primary Name)
    (DBA Name)

Special Qualifications Qualification Effective

View Related License Information
    View License Complaint

| Terms of Use | | Privacy Statement |

This company operates out of daytona beach florida, and Palm Coast.

They have moved twice in the last year, and their office is nothing like the picture of the site. They were next to Outback Steakhouse on Internationnal Speedway blvd. in Daytona Beach, and the moved to Beville road in South Daytona. Both locations are low income neighborhoods!!!
    The people are Diane Crosby who is not allowed uner previous scams to own a business involving a phone room.

Ulysses Darryl Dixon who has a lengthy felony/arrest record; known for unsavory business practices.
    Over 12 arrests in Volusia county alone since 1989.

Google the names.
    They were shut down by the Florida department of Agriculture in the last month due to non licensing, but some say they still operate the business out of their home.

958 tall pine drive
    port orange FL

137-C GOLDEN EYE DRIVE
    DAYTONA BEACH FL 32119

Call the state attorney of Florida and the department of agriculture.

volusia county (daytona beach)

NOW IS THE TIME!!!

This is a site of corporation registered in Florida, play with these names on the site. Notice how these people open and close businesses at an alrming rate, reminescent of money laudering.

Sunbiz.org

paste this link

19&inq_came_from=NAMFWD&cor_web_names_seq_number=0000&names_name_ind=N&names_cor_
    number=&names_name_seq=&names_name_ind=&names_comp_name=VACATIONSALESMARKETING&na
    mes_filing_type=