Vacation Professionals / False promises

1 13 Branch St, Methuen, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (978) 683-4400

My wife and I were promised two round-trip air tickets on Continental Airlines to anywhere in the U.S. plus a free rental car for a week. All we had to do was attend a no-pressure presentation of Vacation Professionals' services. After sitting through a 2 hour presentation and saying no to the sales efforts of THREE salesmen (each with increasingly better terms) we were given what turns out to be totally worthless gifts to come from an outfit called VIP Travel Reservations in Port Orange Florida. One need only google this company and read the complaints of others who attended similar presentations to realize what a scam the whole thing is. Then we went to the internet to see about the services touted during the presentation, only to find no website for Vacation Professionals with the services they tried hard to sell us for a membership initial fee of $8,000!

Va

Comments

• Va
      4th of Jun, 2008
    Vacation Professionals - Will not stop calling me
    Vacation Professionals
    13 Branch St
    Methuen
    Massachusetts

I received a phone call from this company telling me that I won two round trip tickets to any city in the US. My dad googled the company and found complaints in the rip-off and over a dozen unresolved conflicts with the better business bureau. Since the initial phone call, they have called back three times to try to convince me to claim my "prize." Whomever answers the phone asks politely that we be removed from their calling list. Their response is always given in a defensive and accusing manner. The conversation always ends with them hanging up on us.

If this company was the real deal, why would they continue to call us? Why wouldn't they just draw a new name from the hat and stop calling us since we clearly don't want this "prize"? Also, I don't think that a legitimate business would place phone calls at 9 pm or hang up on a customer.

If anyone knows how I can get off their list please let me know, I don't think they're going to give up.

• Va
      5th of Jun, 2008
    Vacation Professionals - Scam
    Vacation Professionals

Vacation Professionals called me saying that I had won two round trip tickets to any city in the US. I was ecstatic but my dad told me it was a scam since I hadn't signed up for anything and the company showed up on the rip-off and had complaints in the better business bureau.

When they called back we said that we were not interested and to please remove us from their calling list. Their response was rude and defensive. My dad asked them why they didn't respond to the complaints on the better business bureau, to which the representative answered "No." The conversation continued like this until the representative hung up on us.

Since then they have called back twice, once at 9 pm, and have hung up on my mother and myself after a few minutes of us trying to be removed from the calling list.

I was sceptical when my dad first told me this was a scam but now I'm sure of it. Why would they continue to call if they were a legitimate business? Why wouldn't they just pull another name out of the hat since we clearly don't want our "prize"? The fact that they called at 9 pm and have hung up on us three times is not-businesslike. The manner in which the representatives speak to us is rude, defensive, and has an accusing tone.

I've read about other people being scammed by this company and frankly, Vacation Professionals are just annoying. Avoid this company at all costs!

• Su
      2nd of Jul, 2008

AGREE STAY AWAY

We signed up for this, biggest mistake and waste of money. Tell everyone you know, vacation professionals is not what they sell

It is amazing they are still there to con everyone.

• Ca
      11th of Jul, 2008

We bought into this scam of 2 free airline tickets. We went to a meeting, ending up buying into the vacation club, cancell our membership within the 3 days aloted and have not received our refund yet. This started at the end of April 2017 and it is now July. I call the office everyother day and never get to speak to a person, only voice mail to leave my message asking where my refund is. The owner (Mike Mitchell) has received my voice mails and has never returned my call either. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Su
      8th of Aug, 2008

We signed up for this travel club called travel to go. Presentation was done by Vacation Professionals in Methuen. High pitched group, never expereinced anything like it, my husband and I still cannot believe we fell for this garbage.

Had to sign a piece of paper saying you cannot cancel. When I went home I checked out their website and saw immediately it was not for us. I called Mon AM to cancel and of course they would get back to me, daily I called same story. Funny they were all available when they were selling this
    Travel to go, has some good reps and some bad! They have not been able to fulfill my requests, asking me to go to other destinations where they had inventory.I'm like, hey I am the one going on vac let me decide!

I have filed several better business reports to no avail!.
    I am hoping a class action suit comes up someday. I will tell everyone and anyone to stay clear of the group out of Methuen, MA. I still plan on pursuing this SCAM

Stay away and TELL EVERYONE you know.

• Ju
      16th of Aug, 2008

You get nothing in this world for nothing - if something smells like fish, than usually it is fish - stay as far away from this company as possible. Do not be lured in by their false promises. We were, and have sent numerous complaints to every place we could think of to try to get ourselves out of their contract.

We, too, got a postcard in the mail and drove up to Methuen to get our "free" flights and rental car to listen to their bogus presentation. Why we fell for it was beyond me - but we did - the minute we left the office we knew that what we had done was not in our best interest.

Thank goodness for all the help that we received from the Better Business Bureau in Rhode Island who sent us an entire package of complaints and official documents - (they were thrown out of the state)! They told us exactly what to do and we followed their advice.

WBZ, Call for Action was helpful as well, and steered us in directions that would eventually get the results that we desired.

Had it not been for our credit card company, we would have been in debt for a total of almost $4, 000.

Six months and many pages of paper later were our out of our mess - BEWARE - if a company NEEDS to send you free rewards for something without contacting them first - STAY AWAY. There are many travel agencies that you can go to to get your dream vacation without it becoming a nightmare!!

• Je
      22nd of Apr, 2009

We signed up with Travel to go that was represented by Vacation Professionals...we were told that when we traveled we would be put in a group rate that was much better than traveling alone. We paid $4000.00 and were given a $1000.00 credit for a cruise of our choice.
    When we went to use our cruise credit we were told by Travel to Go that the company that gave us the credit was out of business and Travel to Go would not honor it even though they hired this company to get them more clients.
    We used Travel to Go for 2 trips and found that we did not get a deal as a matter of fact we paid more than our friends had paid for their trip without the so called "group rate."

• Ni
      22nd of Aug, 2009

My certificate came from Great Escapes here in California, and you are an idiot if you honestly thought there would be no pressure. But I do alot of these and I've used VIP Travel on 3 seperate occasions over the years and all 3 times, they've been timely, professional, and successful in fulfilling our travel. One of which (the most recent) was for 2 airline tickets. I didn't find it to be worthless at all, so PLEASE speak for yourself

• Ni
      22nd of Aug, 2009

u truly must be an idiot for posting this twice under diffferent names... wow... so I'll write again on this one, I did not go through Vaca Pof, I went through Great Escapes sales presentation here in california. I've used VIP on several occasion, the most recent being for air line tickets, and I followed the rules and got my air line tickets... so please just speak for yourself! goood day!

25th of Sep, 2009

I strongly agree I had a similar situation with them and have been told they are out of business now. Has anyone heard if they filed for banckruptcy or what happened to them?

25th of Sep, 2009

Strongly agree and was in a similar situation with them. When I tried to follow up I was told they went out of business. Has anyone heard if the filed for bankruptcy or where they went?

Travel to Go claims Vacation Professionals was only acting as a distributor for them and have no connection with them. Sounds like they are both Scaming people. I have filled with the AG office in both Mass & CA.

• Ll
      20th of Oct, 2009

I'm sorry, are you complaining about the company you got the certificate from or VIP Travel that was supposed to fulfill it? I got an airfare certificate from them and they fulfilled it with no problem. I however, got my certificate for test driving a vehicle at my local Ford dealership - so I didn't waste any of my time for it, but even if I had of I'd fealt it would have been worth it.

3rd of Nov, 2009

I went through Dream something... I didn't purchase their time share but I was able to use the gifts they gave me through VIP Travel. I just received my confirmations or my air travel and my rental care, and I'm so excited VIP was able to come through for me!!!

• Ki
      26th of Apr, 2010

I feel it necessary since this complaint was posted twice anonymously to comment back to both posts in hopes of possibly correcting any error on VIP's part, although it seems the complaint has little if anything to do with us.

LeRoy: while there are MANY sponsors who offer our certificates, I can not speak for Vacation Professionals, or any of them as we are not directly connected to any one of them. However, I have looked through our files and we do not have any clients who have EVER tried to use our certificates for air or car rental with your name or anything close to it at all, I also checked in and around Methuen, MA just to be sure. If you had a problem with us we would love the opportunity to correct that, however I show no record of you ever attempting to use the certificates you were given. While your complaints or Vacation Professionals may be valid, I can only assume your accusations are under the assumption that your certificates were worthless and not fact. Please either give us the chance to make right any wrong if there was one, or not group us with your dealings with other companies as we are by no means one in the same.

• Lo
      21st of Dec, 2010

My certificate was just for the 2 airline tickets but did not include a rental car. We got back from our trip last night. My only complaint is that the notice they gave me of my trip being available was inside a month from the dates we wanted. But who am I to complain, they came through even if I was getting a little nervous! They also booked a car for me while I was there and a hotel stay for the three nights I couldn't stay with my sister, both at a reasonable rate. I will use VIP again in the future.

22nd of Dec, 2010

All the talk about airline tickets and rental cars, I want those certificates, in fact I do feel a little cheated! LOL I have 2, well had, what they call enjoy certificates. They were both good for a 2 night hotel stay. I got to use both of them in the past few months, 1 in Las Vegas and actually got a third night free, and the other I used a week or so ago in Gatlinburg to see the season change, it was so pretty. All I had to pay were my hotel taxes at the property. The first one I got my $50 deposit back about 9 weeks after we traveled and I just sent in my receipt from the hotel on the second one. If I get the chance to use VIP again I will.

• Ge
      4th of Jan, 2011

I had their Fly USA certificate as well as a 7 day car rental and it cost us $131 for the air and $59 for the car. We also paid an additional $23 to upgrade our car rental. It all seemed to work very well for us for our trip to Portland to see our grand kids.

• Ty
      20th of Jan, 2011

They made good on their promises by us. I had a certificate for a 3, 4, or 5 night cruise during low season. We ended up not being able to use it because my wife had to have surgery. But the reservation process seemed fairly cut and dry, mail certified the registration form with a $99 deposit, request dates, be told what the availability is, and in my case have to decline and request a refund :( But yes I did receive my refund. All is good, I just hope we get to utilize the certificate next time if given the chance!

• Lu
      25th of Feb, 2011

I know nothing of the membership for $8000, but I got 2 certificates one for a 7 night cruise and 1 for airfare that could be used together. The first time I screwed it up and I didn't sent them in certified mail and tried my hardest, begged, pleaded, threatened, everything and they wouldn't take it, it was void. I went back to the people I got it from they gave me new ones, I sent them in and the first date was not available but the second was. They booked my air to Ft. Lauderdale, the booked my cruise to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, and they booked me an extra night in Ft. Lauderdale before my cruise at a good rate. In order for it to work tho YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

• Lu
      25th of Feb, 2011

They kept their obligation to us in every way. I got 2 certificates one for a 7 night cruise and 1 for airfare that could be used together. The first time I screwed it up and I didn't sent them in certified mail and tried my hardest, begged, pleaded, threatened, everything and they wouldn't take it, it was void. I went back to the people I got it from they gave me new ones, I sent them in and the first date was not available but the second was. They booked my air to Ft. Lauderdale, the booked my cruise to Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk, and they booked me an extra night in Ft. Lauderdale before my cruise at a good rate. So, it isn't a scam they will book you but I can vouch for it when you say yes, YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS!