vacation package / Scam - Vacation package

1 15500 Erwin St Ste 4007Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:

After accepting the offer to buy a vacation and paid through Visa, I learned that Westwood International /and or Pionner Communications has engaged with several "scam" activities relating to vacation package. Their office is at 15500 Erwin St., Suite 4007, Van Nuys, CA 91411. My findings about the company are based on internet seach and talking to people that the name of the company is identical to them. Could you please confirm that if Westwood International /Pioneer Communications is really a "scam" organization?

Comments

• Ci
      22nd of Jan, 2009
    vacation package - mierepresentation
    Festiva Resorts
    Missouri

We were sucked in by Festiva Resorts. They sold us a ' VACATION PACKAGE' lol whatever! Turns out, after paying thousands of dollars and finally being able to put it to use over 1 year later, it is simply a bi yearly time share in branson missouri. We don't even like branson. So, I am not entitled to any discounts this year of course. This is not what we were sold. I cannot believe people do this to others. We are not paying for this any longer. I don't know what I have to do to get out of it but I am doing whatever it takes. They did put us up in a 'free' hotel. This turned out to be a days inn next to a barred up liquor store. You know. Barred up as in the Employee stands inside a little bubble of bullet proof glass and steel bars. We did not stay there of course. I'm sure our vehicle would have been stolen. We bought this to better able us to take our children on vacations. We were sold something that I am not sure even exists. A vacation package good 52 weeks out of the year. But, of course you know, your price of $199.00 is only good for the red season. That is about 10 months out of the year so all was good. After 3 hours, we agreed. It was such a good deal to pass up. They even threw in a free stay in Branson every couple of years as a bonus. What a joke!! Stay away!!

• Fe
      1st of Jun, 2009

Festiva Resorts will be happy to address your concerns and seek a resolution, particularly if you were not given what you were promised.

Please send an e-mail to comments@festivaresorts.com with your full name, the date of your tour, and the best way to contact you, and our marketing department will get in touch with you.

• Ty
      16th of Jun, 2009

I purchased a weeks stay at Festiva resorts by agreeing to listen to 90 minute sales promo for the Peppertree Atlantic Beach. Our reservation was for June 20-27. Yesterday, my last payment was drafted out of my account. Today, I recieved a message at home that they had "accidentally" overbooked and I no longer had a room. I called and had to wait 20 minutes on the phone to get someone - who had to call me back. He then did not want to give me a refund, but did eventually after checking w/ his manager. They tried to get me to go to another resort in a totally different city. After reading reviews online, I am afraid that I will not get my refund. This is totally uncalled for - 4 days before a scheduled vacation w/ my family and they call to cancel! I asked if they would offer anything since this is a huge disaster, and rep said only if I would agree to purchase another week.

WHY in the world would I purchase another week that may be cancelled at the last minute? If your'e not going to offer something for the massive inconvenience of cancelling my vacation for the year to get me to trust you again, why would I consider your resorts in the future?

• Fe
      27th of Jul, 2009

Mrs. Yelton;

It is my understanding that on the day we were made aware of your situation (July 03), you were contacted by our marketing department and given your refund along with a vacation certificate.

We are very sorry that you had to deal with this due to the unforeseen circumstance of the employee you were originally working with leaving the company unexpectedly.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at comments@festivaresorts.com.

• Mi
      8th of Sep, 2009

yes it is scam.. they'll just take ur money from u and when u tried calling them back, they wouldnt answer.. they mostly target Filipinos, so beware of them.. one of they're call agent named Hans told me, i dont care if u dont trust filipinos.. wow, wat an answer.. he was even arguing with me on the phone. they're very rude and unfriendly.. Beware of them!!!

• Iv
      30th of Mar, 2010
    vacation package - VACATION CRUISE SCAM
    US TRAVEL GROUP/ INCENTIVE MARKETING
    BATAVIA & GENEVA
    Illinois
    Phone: 877-842-0326/877-222-4759

IN JANUARY 2010, I RECEIVED A CALL FROM A MAN NAMED, JOVON, STATING, I WON A DISCOUNT CRUISE. I WAS ASKED TO PAY $196 TO CONFIRM THE OFFER. IN JANUARY 2010, I PAID THE $196 AND I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RUN AROUND SINCE.

• Lt
      11th of Feb, 2011

These calls are always a scam and rarely do you pay any less than what the cruise is already running...except now you are out your 196.00, which could have prepaid you gratuities and insurance. Cruises are always discounted - next time call a travel agent, it doesnt cost any more and saves you lots of headaches.

• Ar
      14th of Jun, 2011
    vacation package - Booking vacation
    Vacation Station
    Madison
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 877-610-0005/608-467-6320
    vacationstation.com

The whole company is a skam! When we bought their package deal we got screwed over. They never call you back and there's never available reservations. The workers are extremely rude and they don't care about your situation at all. In addition, they do not give you your money back. We have been trying to reach them and make a reservation for 7 months now, and everytime they come up with some brilliant excuse and say the same thing "We will call you back in 3 days." Never happens. This company is shady, unreliable, and down right dirty. When we asked to speak to the manager, they would not let us. Also, when we asked for the representatives name he said "Lebron James." They are just looking for dumb people who don't know anything to skam. I would suggest not to mess with this company and don't buy anything from there because you'll be ripped off!

• Ra
      3rd of Jan, 2012

i agree that theyre full of ###... its a scam and i can confirm this...im a filipino and got victimized by this... its a shame but true... no word of honor and very poor customer service...