Vacation International / cheats in dubai

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

I Harish Chander was walking with wife in Dubai festival city in 2008 where a passer by tells me that i have won a trip to abroad just free and ask us to attend a Presentation happening in building opposite Al Kabayal Center . we went saw group of people waiting to receive them at gate and take them to small table where this presenter is showing the plan. they do all verbal show you big dreams. give you a simple sheet which entitles you to take a trip abroad to your wish destination. tells you you can with draw your capital any time if you wish so. which means investment if you can not pay withdraw it. there is the catch. no matter how many times i visited, no matter how many times i plead, no matter how many times i requested to get my investment back there is no relief. They did not sent me the final contract till today neither they can prove if they have sent. i could not pay my further installments after paying thrice for more than 11500 dhs due to job loss and heavy debts.
its group of people sitting and doing it very organized way. When i call the presenter he promises that send me an sms to him he will look after all, but never. Man who is heading this group is Mr. Serry +[protected]. never calls back and always promise to call back. takes your number very professionally and wants you to leave the office soon so that you can not meet many people same like you fighting for there money to return.
they promise to sell your time share but actually do none.
they tell you you can sell on line but will show you none way.
they ask me that now that resort plan we dont sell any more. but its not my prob i am an investor and i believe you what you tell me. they should help customers after taking there money if they dont get value not making them feel that they cheat.
dubai is very safe Police here is very effective but they have no fears. some one to guide me please.
the man who gave presentation is Mr. Ghassan+[protected]. he promised during presentation and the call to him that we can pull out our money any time we wish but empty promises.
can any body guide me help me.

Comments

• Sy
      26th of May, 2011

They call me today that I won the lucky draw, they fill my form in Lamcy plaza. But now I am much aware about that. Thank you very much Mr. Harish. I think you have to go to Maraqabat P0lice station for this complaint.
    Now I am much aware about these scams. Thanks alot.

5th of Jun, 2011

we are also a victim of vacation international... both me and husband went for a vacation in dubai. we were in burgham mall and a guy ask us to fill a form. suddenly somebody call us the next morning and inform us that we won in a raffle draw. there were also a group of people who are with us and they presented very well the plan and our dream vacation. since my husband was the one who decided to take the offer after all my refusal, i had no choice but to obey my husbands wish... now im back in qatar, we cannot reach Mr. Karim who presented us the offer and promise us to guide us. they were telling us to call the customer service and everything but there were no actions from their side. This people are terrible, they have been long in the business, so every now and then they keep victimizing people wether an emiratee or tourist. this should be stop and i hope special government of dubai will take action on it... we will be back to dubai soon to file a formal complain against this company.

5th of Jun, 2011

Mr./s Samantha Cole please do let me know when you are in Dubai i will file a complain as well. I call them every day and they promise to call back every time promise to answer the email every time but never. No one ever could do athing thats why.

• Ss
      18th of Jun, 2011

Hi,

I wish i had read all these before :(.
    I am also a victim of Vacation International, having invested more than 14k AED with no returns as yet, I work in Dubai myself .I would certainly want my money back knowing they are frauds.
    Do get in touch with me, may b we can together file a complaint against them before more ppl become victim

• Ba
      24th of Jun, 2011

Hi,
    I was supposed to become the victim of vacation international. The stupid presenter there tried to convince by many ways and there was such a noisy environment that i was feeling very uncomfortable there as those people were dealing with each family on confidentiality basis. After the whole stupid conversation, the stupid financial adviser came with very attractive style in a very dirty T-Shirt and started his bloody financial presentation and asked us to deal right now, right away and right here on the table, not even a chance of thinking for some moments. I asked the stupid presenter to give me the presentation for my reviews but he didn't as if he was very careful in releasing no-proof. I was just surprised that how can we come into indulgence of such bloody and fraudulent civilians and how can they present such big dreams on small amounts. They are just freaking people and you all guys should visit to Dubai Police and show them the proof of their cheats happened with you.
    Your well Wisher

25th of Jun, 2011

Dear all sufferers, earlier I have posted on this web page requesting everyone who suffered like me to come forward, contact me on my mobile phone +971509275361 and lets March in to the Muraqqabat Police Station together with what ever papers or evidence of Presentation that you have on you to present the case to them.
    With my first posting which they saw after a month when a client of them gave a print out( may be another sufferer) i got a call from them where they threaten to me. Contents of this call, the caller name and the number where this call was placed from is already registered on my mobile phone which I will share with Local Police authorities. I need you all to come forward and support the cause. My cause and your cause to get back our hard earned money from these People working in a organised way, practices taking place under the nose of crime detection authorities.

25th of Jun, 2011

I need help some one from the Police undercover here in Dubai who can help me recovering this money from The Vacation International Staff who are gang of people and guide me advise me how can we tackle this case amicably where they can return our cash and we go our way. I need help I am family man with one small child to take care.

• Ra
      5th of Jul, 2011

Now a days the vacation internation people are active in Doha Qatar. They meet you at Dasman centre( near Al Mana signal) gate and force you to accept invitation to go to their temporary office near Doha centre mall Al saad. I went their along with my family and fortunately escaped as my wife understood their hidden theft intention. Please never believe such people.

8th of Jul, 2011

I am also victim of this scam. I just made payment 10 days back. I did not get any valid proof for the offerings made by the sales guy instead they put lots of clauses in the contract to deceive me. Yesterday I visited their office to cancel this deal. But they refused and told me to wait for calls from miami for renting.They are attracting people as investment plan and vacations. But now I have undestood from many sources that they are cheating people by giving wrong promises.I also met 4 similar victims there.All of them are trapped in the same way. Let's unite and find a solution for it.

9th of Jul, 2011

I address to all those who are on the same page of who got cheated here in dubai, I can see not less than 6 victims.
    After I had out the name and telephone mobile number of mr. serry and the man who gave me the presentation mr. ghassan on the open web mr. serry had called me about 3 weeks back that why did I do that? he said he will file a case on me. so far he never even called me second time. no case was filed on me. I have the phone number where that call came from and all call get registered on sender and receivers call history. I can share that number from where he called to threat me. that was the time I could guided him to the nearest police station and then the police will find out the truth that he/his company robbed my money or I robbed his money.
    It is not only illegal to pass threats but prohibited by law in dubai (that's what I know)
    I pleaded to mr. serry that I have lost my source of income I am badly broken and has a family to take care of help me I can not pay more than I have paid already. he never helped me.
    Ii visited him and saw many such cases singing the same song. help. help. help.
    Lie of a type mr. serry said he will help me selling my week to buyers on web or to local vacation buyers. never he did anything any help.
    Another lie mr. serry said he will help me sell the plan to second buyer and help me refunding my invested money. never he made any efforts. nothing that he can prove.
    Another lie mr. serry told me that write me your complain that you can not pay in full and wanted to withdraw from plan. I wrote him two emails. both are still in my sent emails box. following day I called him asking did he see what I sent? he replied yes I saw I read. I believed him and stayed quite hoping that now he will forward to up line looking for refund. do you know what I saw a email notification of deleting the email with out being read nearly after 3 weeks or so. that proves what I want to say. he did not know that I had put a command which will tell me back whether mail is delivered or read.
    Still no one can save my money from there grip. pls help. local authorities please help.
    I do not mean to tarnish any body image or reputation. simply return our money and we go our way. I am hurt. I am hurt.

• Se
      10th of Jul, 2011

How are these guy allowed to operate in well known malls in dubai. ex. lamcy, burguman, dubai festival city???

10th of Jul, 2011

They are using the name of some one big as sponsor of the whole thing and proudly saying the name during the presentation. i am sure if that person will hear our plight (lost money) ( the answer we get when we ask our money back) he will sure have mercy on to the families of sufferers like me. Harish Chander +971509275361

• Ir
      10th of Jul, 2011

Good to know at the earliest about this scam, since this evening is my appointment with them...thanks all for their complaints. rgds irshy

Mr. Irshy,
    I am glad that you read my / our experience and acted before you are fried and sit in the same line as us.
    You can read all the page and see what others have written, like what happen to them.
    So all the best. Share the info. Save families.
    Harish.

• Pr
      15th of Jul, 2011

Thanks all for their coplaints, today i had a appoint with them, ...Thanks to all

16th of Jul, 2011

Just had a conversation with mr. harish... im looking forward to solve this matter, if they are here in doha, il make sure to let everybody know that this is a big scam... I will try my very best to prevent this happening in doha... inshaallah il be back to dubai soon and file a formal complain against this company... I will also blog this from facebook to make people aware of this scam... for those who have been a victim and nearly to be victim, please lets move and work on it...

• Du
      29th of Jul, 2011

Hello all,
    just last day I encountered the same group in burjuman. at first instant itself smelt something fishy but was wondering even in dubai such things? though I registered I was aware certainly i'll be receiving call and I did today telling in the lucky draw I won and i'm invited to their office. I asked the sweet talking woman what I have to bring and wht I have to do to get the free vacation. she kept repeating absolutely nothing and no money is required but my time is required. wow value for money!!! again it made me wonder, no one in the world ready to do anything free in fact. I didnt even bother to go or again attend their call. since I had free time today just browsed for any available website for them or any info available on internet. found all your grievance. sorry i'm not so familiar with the legal system in dubai, but why no one lodged complaint yet so far? why one to one want to go as group to lodge police complain?

• Du
      1st of Aug, 2011

Hello all,
    I am another victim of vacation international last week. they have called me and informed I have won free vacation package and told me to visit their office in century 21 tower in deira. when I visited many families were present and couple of sales executives were presenting their packages to families. they really convinced stating that if I sign up the agreement on same day, I can rent my weeks and within a month time, I can get paid $3500 per week. I was really tempted and signed the agreement in hurry. and also they promised next day I will receive user name and password for interval international to sign in and rent my weeks. I have called sales person, but not reply and after some time mobile was switched off. when I visited their office again, customer care incharge told me that it will take minimum of 3 months to get interval international card and then only I can rent my weeks. they really cheated me. because of my unawareness of this scam, I have paid aed 18000/- which is more than two months salary.

Friends please be carefull with these kind of tempting packages. they are cheaters. very sad part is that they are claiming that this is approved by dubai government. I can't believe this... be careful friends...
    I wish I could have read this complaint board messages at lease before I went to vacation international real estate llc - cheaters in dubai

• Is
      4th of Aug, 2011

Hi all you victims of v. i. scams in dubai, u r not alone, anyone can get suckered after all we are all humans and we fall for conmen offering us good life and wealth etc. I guess I too was suckered by it but in my case I research cyber scams and frauds constantly and make aware to the rest of us suckers in this world, however I feel sympathy to you guys who have been sucked into this very same con trick.
    I am based in london and I monitor scams n frauds offered thru cyber emails or adverts all phoney after I realised it can happen to anyone.
    I set up a victims unit in london to monitor research and find a way to help victims from despair thru any scams.
    Retired litigation lawyer my passion is to help and assist before it happens or try after it happens to bring it to awareness thru governmental means to put a stop to this misery felt by gullible people of all walks of life. im sure there may be hundreds out there felt by same v. i. scams dubai so everyone out there make it know then perhaps we can deal with regaining our self esteem as well as refunds rightfully owed by their misrepresentation or breach of contract.
    Text me attorney almed on sms 0044 7548 566722
    Email me: ivictims@yahoo.com
    Please give your full names and addresses and mobile numbers
    Also if possible all copies of reciepts n contracts (only copies) keep originals with you and all dates you first dealt with them and amounts paid.
    No guarantees or promises but I sure will do my utmost possible because I care for gullible honest working people.

5th of Aug, 2011

I am requesting all of you to write as much open as you can. keep your identity open and reachable let them know that people are reacting and reporting. not afraid of threat calls from them.
    Put your number you got cheated not that you cheated them.
    Sad, very sad it is happening with so much force and so much open persons are trapped with the same technic and we lost our hard earn money and no relief from these gang of people operating with big pride. using the name of dubai govt. and the big sponsor. can anyone question them? can anyone get get back our money which we paid them? we have receipts.
    Can any one reach that sponsor and tell of all that we are facing?
    Can we just get our refund from this gang and shut up our mouth.
    can we get our hard earn money?
    Can they put up a stamp or write it by hand that the money is non-refundable? is it permitted by the law as here in uae.
    They robbed our money not that we robbed there money.
    Do they have aright to give me a threatening call that they will put up a case on me just because I revealed on the web who gave me the presentation and who said that I can with draw any time, so on faith we took the plan not to became millionaire but as a investment. wish we had known this we will not go this way.
    We are all peace loving and just seeking any help who can help?
    Harish +971509275361